Secret Satan

Need a break? Stop in here and have some fun.
Dylan

Secret Satan

Post by Dylan » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:56 pm

Hey dudes,

Since it's getting on for Christmas time (they've put the lights up in town here) so I thought I'd introduce a round of Secret Satan.

It's basically a Secret Santa game except you write down 5 CDs which you think are worth recommending and send them to me via personal message and I'll distribute them among the participants anomalously. Then all the recipient has to do is to grab those CDs from the shop and listen away. It's a good way of experiencing some new music and something you might not have picked up with out some incentive. Hopefully you'll find your new favourite band, but for legal reasons I can't promise that.

I guess it's called Secret Satan because of the ol' Devil rock n roll thing, but the name was probably thought up by a clinical moron, so don't dwell on it too much. I'd have called it uber musictopia 2004.

A couple of stipulations if you want to take part:

1) Don't put down Everclear as one or more of your choices. Common sense, And don't try and get smart on me and put down Tri-polar or the Oohlas either. Otherwise I'll replace them with Michael Bolton albums and you'll look like a tit.

2) Don't feel pressured into putting down something exactly like Everclear. Sure, there's some great sound-a-likes around and it's a universal agreement in choice of genre, but try to mix things up a little. This is about discovery, people. If you want to put down some German underground jungle-meister who writes songs about beating his wife with bratwurst and building rockets out belly button cheese, then so be it. Even *shudder* Paperlace is acceptable.

3) Try to keep it at one album from one artist on the list.

4) If you receive a list full of albums you already own, let me know and I'll give you another or cut and paste some alternatives.

5) Try and get entries in by December (all the time in the world) but if it all slows down, I'll hand em out early.

Thanks for your time, and I hope you all participate.

Be good,

I love you,

Sincerely,

Secret Satan.

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:47 pm

Hahaha, you can definately count me in!

I'm gonna make aaaaaaaall mine Michael Bolton, He rawks :lol:
~*Melissa*~

I wish I could be like all my heros, I wish I could be like all yours too...

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:26 pm

Thanks for reminding me of that game, Dylan! Now I get a page set up at my site...
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:29 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Thanks for reminding me of that game, Dylan! Now I get a page set up at my site...
And the chaos starts!
~*Melissa*~

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:49 pm

Well, as soon as we can call this posting-craze for the night, I can get off my Mac and start working on it. :(
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:53 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Well, as soon as we can call this posting-craze for the night, I can get off my Mac and start working on it. :(
which will have to be shortly. I work tonight :(
~*Melissa*~

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:05 pm

I'm sorry, i guess i didn't understood only one thing: we have to send you some bands we would like others to listen AFTER november? clear my doubt.
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:41 pm

heartspark4ec wrote:
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Well, as soon as we can call this posting-craze for the night, I can get off my Mac and start working on it. :(
Well, it's up and running. :wink:
~Elizabeth

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:21 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:
heartspark4ec wrote:
Well, it's up and running. :wink:
hurrah!
~*Melissa*~

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:15 am

Okay... Back on topic with the Secret Santa - er, i mean Satan game here at H&H, not at TP. :P
~Elizabeth

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 am

cien_bolas wrote:I'm sorry, i guess i didn't understood only one thing: we have to send you some bands we would like others to listen AFTER november? clear my doubt.
dude... i think you're the one not understood right here...

Just send him a list of 5 CDs you think other people should listen to
~*Melissa*~

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:00 am

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Okay... Back on topic
WOAH! Did one half of the "off topic duo" just tell someone else to get back on topic? I'm shocked. I'll assume that this means that you both are going to stop junking up the board just to pad your post count?

P.S. OK, OK I'm not actually assuming...I'm tell you to stop.

not that you actually did it in this topic, but it was sort of the perfect segway to lead into that...
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:45 am

OK, I'm in. I'll think of some obscure self-indulgent hipster bollocks to shake your bones.
Mr Vaughan has spoken

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:25 pm

Thanks for the lists thus far, you'll make good rock minions in the underworld.

Secret Satan.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:29 pm

ekeown wrote:
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Okay... Back on topic
WOAH! Did one half of the "off topic duo" just tell someone else to get back on topic? I'm shocked. I'll assume that this means that you both are going to stop junking up the board just to pad your post count?

P.S. OK, OK I'm not actually assuming...I'm tell you to stop.

not that you actually did it in this topic, but it was sort of the perfect segway to lead into that...
I guess we ran out of the IBC. :lol:

Okay, Eric. You win.
~Elizabeth