75 Bands

Need a break? Stop in here and have some fun.
worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:25 am

But why then show that side of the half-dollar!? and of course the Ramones are the most well known I would ay to have used that...
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:34 am

JFK has already been used in the picture. Why have two of them?
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:40 am

worldofnoise wrote:But why then show that side of the half-dollar!? and of course the Ramones are the most well known I would ay to have used that...
Because the reverse side doesn't say "half dollar". The head side only shows a profile of JFK, the year the coin was made, "in god we trust" and "liberty" on it. Honestly, how often have you seen a JFK half dollar coin in you life time? People might not be able to make the connection especially since the coin hasn't been widely used or seen in over two decades or so, therefore a lot of people trying to do this might not recognize the coin. But if they show the side that blantanly says "half dollar" which everyone in the US, and most likely the majority of the internet world viewing the image knows a half dollar is $0.50...hence 50 cent.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:49 am

Fine :roll: but I just don't really like making a connection between coin that reminds me of being patriotic, because of the eagle, with Fifty Cent, Fifty Cent make sme think of drugs and guns even though thats not true(right?) its weird to see so I didn't put those two together :?...and tthe half dollars I see are all JFK half dollars :D (about 85% of the time)

Stick Man

Post by Stick Man » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:59 am

ekeown wrote: I can't find these:
The Ramones
Jefferson Airplane
Viper
Jefferson Airplane - The planes flying over everything. Near the zeppelin and gorillas

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:06 am

Stick Man wrote:
The Ramones
Jefferson Airplane
Viper
Jefferson Airplane - The planes flying over everything. Near the zeppelin and gorillas
According to Eric, they're more like the B-52 planes.
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:19 am

worldofnoise wrote:the half dollars I see are all JFK half dollars :D (about 85% of the time)
I didn't mean to include the JFK part. How often do you see half dollars? unless you collect coins or work in a bank i'd guess pretty rarely.
worldofnoise wrote:Fine :roll: but I just don't really like making a connection between coin that reminds me of being patriotic, because of the eagle, with Fifty Cent, Fifty Cent make sme think of drugs and guns even though thats not true(right?) its weird to see so I didn't put those two together :?...
The connection is, that is not meant to patriotic, the eagle isn't of real significance. It's meant to be seen as a coin, a 50 cent piece to be exact. As I mentioned the images are literal examples of the names of bands. For example look at the watermelon with dark sunglasses. You look at that and say "it's a watermelon with dark glasses. What is a band with watermelon or melon in it? Oh yeah blind melon. Oh I get it blind people commonly wear dark sunglasses...it's a blind melon". You don't look at it an go "look at that melon wearing sunglasses. ZZ Top had a big hit with the song Cheap Sunglasses, and those look pretty cheap...that watermelon wearing sunglasses must mean ZZ Top!"

Just remember, these are literal examples not correlative examples.
Stick Man wrote:Jefferson Airplane - The planes flying over everything. Near the zeppelin and gorillas
There are two planes, so the answer is meant to be plural, plus neither, Thomas Jefferson, George Jefferson, Weezie Jefferson, nor anyother recognizable Jefferson is near those planes. That that to the fact that those planes are specifically Boeing B-52 Stratofortress bombers pretty much leaves little doubt that they are meant to be an image for the band The B-52s. Since that is the only place that you seeing Jefferson Airplane, I'm going to remove it from the can't find list, since as of right now it is not in the picture.

lets also get some new finds coming guys...I'm sitting on a bunch but I'm waitng for everyone else to join. I'll keep updating the list as you post new finds, or prove me wrong on the can't finds or we settle on the debated ones.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 am

Here is the wider version. It's smaller in resolution, but you only need it for the stuff on the far left side. There are atleast 4 extra bands in this new section

Eric
Hungry & Hollow

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:00 am

Let me guess... Pet Shop Boys.
~Elizabeth

twistinside1980

Post by twistinside1980 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:52 pm

don't forget about cake.
Breathin' fire doesn't look good on a resume.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:58 pm

And is it me or is that a Stray Cat in front of the pet shop? Get it? Stray Cats?
~Elizabeth

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:55 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:And is it me or is that a Stray Cat in front of the pet shop? Get it? Stray Cats?
It's a young chihuahua that is very thin (it's ribs are showing). It is Skinny Puppy
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:14 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:
Stick Man wrote:
The Ramones
Jefferson Airplane
Viper
According to Eric, they're more like the B-52 planes.
AHH! I thought of that being B-52s!!!

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:57 pm

ekeown wrote:
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:And is it me or is that a Stray Cat in front of the pet shop? Get it? Stray Cats?
It's a young chihuahua that is very thin (it's ribs are showing). It is Skinny Puppy
Yeah, I couldn't see the difference. Sorry!
~Elizabeth

Stick Man

Post by Stick Man » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:53 pm

Isn't there a band called The Blur?
If so that's my guess for the blurry man next to Alice in Chains.