Tri-Polar hiatus

Discuss Everclear-related bands, such as Craig's band Tri-Polar and Greg's band The Oohlas.
Colorfinger
Site Contributor

Post by Colorfinger » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:00 am

Fletch wrote:made a lot of good points
Please post more. More good posters are needed here.

---

To stay on topic, I would like to say it is tough for any band to break up and I'm sure they will all find some success elsewhere.
the only thing worth listening to these days
http://www.myspace.com/mycontrolpanel

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:27 pm

All the Tri-Polar board members talk about how everyone needs to hear the "truth" about Art, and yet they pretty much say jackshit about him except he's an "asshole" and this or that. We had Brian and Scotty saying that "big things" were about to go down and that people would "soon" learn the truth about Art. That was months, maybe even a year back, and I have yet to hear anything big, or even surprising for that matter about the guy.

Basically, this whole situation is a one sided deal. Here on H&H, people talk about Tri-Polar, Everclear, and Art in pretty much any fashion they please. Art has been the butt of MANY jokes here. Bashing Art and attacking him is a whole other subject though, especially when you are doing so on a message board that is for fans of the said person (what do you think would happen if people went on the TP boards and bashed Craig?), so don't expect to have your comments ignored if you say Art is a wife beater. I just don't get why people get their panties in such a twist on the TP boards when Art's name is even mentioned. The forum is called "RELATED BANDS". Hell, I got banned for having an arguement with Chris B on the TP boards months back, when I had not attacked anybody in any way, shape, or form, and yet Fuckbuddy (a major fucking douchebag who gets off by playing power trips on people) had unjustly been attacking Chris and dragging out a discussion that was pretty much dead. But hey, I'm the asshole for telling him to leave Chris alone and stop starting shit, and I deserved to be banned. People complain about the lack of justice here on H&H, but take a good look at the TP boards. They should just removed the "RELATED BANDS" section all together.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:05 pm

Apparently FB has something big against Art, and he tends to cringe at that name. The Related Bands forum was put there for a reason because of the fans, but I will talk to FB about this nonsense. He is driving away many newbies when we need them the most. I know he is like the band's favorite fan, but if he continues to act this way, yes, that forum should either be deleted or exclude EC in general.
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:06 pm

I am sad to hear that Tri-Polar broke up though. I wish them good luck in their future endeavors.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:22 am

I am also of the opinion that a seperate section should be created on any boards for slating other bands. Its good fun to have a rant about other bands but when its in a section in which naive fans could stumble then it becomes inappropriate.

Theres nothing wrong with people on the tripolar boards having beef with Art Alexakis, who honestly cares, but when uninformed fans are directed there they should at least be awarded some kind of impartial advice to thier questions.

I am also of the opinion that if band members are gonna contribute to discussion boards then they should act like the role models they are and rise above petty ranting.

This relates to what i would like out of everclear online when it returns, i would never want Art to be directly involved with the boards because this would reduce the informality of the boards, but i would like some kind of diary which was clearly written by Art and other band members about semi personal issues, thoughts, feelings about other music etc. A similar section exists on the Barenaked ladies board and it doesnt stifle the reveared status of the band members.
When you find that things are getting wild
then don't you want days like these?