Tri-Polar Update

Discuss Everclear-related bands, such as Craig's band Tri-Polar and Greg's band The Oohlas.
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Tri-Polar Update

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 am

Woke up this morning and found this message from Craig on TP's boards. It looks like he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve.
SORRY FOR THE LONG BREAK.... IVE BEEN DOING ALOT OF SOUL SEARCHING AND WORKING ALOT TO MAKE ENDS MEET, WHICH MEANS I HAVENT HAD ALOT OF TIME FOR MUSIC. I'M SURE WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT IS..... THE "DRAMA" THAT HAS GONE ON WITH THIS BAND HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR WAY TOO LONG AND WE ALL NEEDED A BREAK..

I ORIGINALY WANTED THIS PROJECT TO HAVE SEVERAL PLAYERS BUT WHEN BRIAN AND SCOTTY CAME ON BOARD IT SEEMED MORE OF A BAND. IT TURNED OUT TO BE SOMETHING I REALLY LOVED...

THEN , THINGS JUST FELL TO PIECES. ITS NOBODIES FAULT. IT JUST HAPPENED AND I'M NOT PUTTING THE BLAME ON ANYBODY. I'M NOT SAYING THAT TRI-POLAR WONT PLAY TOGETHER, BUT I NEED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT RIGHT NOW. IT'S JUST ANOTHER PROJECT. I WAS IN A BAND FOR 12 YEARS THAT WAS NOT FUN AND TRI-POLAR WAS GETTING TO THE POINT WHERE IT WASNT FUN ANYMORE.

I HAVE NEW SONGS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO POST IN A FEW WEEKS. THE RECORDINGS ARE ALL ME. I WANT TO WRITE THIS RECORD MOSTLY ON MY OWN AND WHEN I PLAY LIVE I WONT BE PLAYING ANY INSTRUMENTS, BUT MAYBE SOME BACKUP GUITAR. I WANT TO CONCENTRATE ON SINGING. I FELT TIED DOWN VOCALLY, I THINK I CAN SING MORE WITHOUT HAVING TO THINK ABOUT IF I CAN PLAY AND SING PARTS TOGETHER.

I HAVE ALOSO BEEN WRITING LYRICS TO OLD TRI-POLAR SONG THAT DID NOT MAKE THE RECORD. SO ...I HOPE THIS HELPS.. BYE FOR NOW.. CRAIG MONTOYA
Discuss.
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

Eager To Please

Post by Eager To Please » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:37 pm

dunno what to think really.
atleast we've heard from him, so we know hes not dead.
and its good that hes getting to do some stuff again
H&H Fantasy Football : 0-2

www.myspace.com/cochisechilipepper

Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:28 pm

kinda sounds like tri-polar is no more for good??
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Rock wrote:kinda sounds like tri-polar is no more for good??
They're still taking a break until Craig says so.

What shocked me about this message is the fact that Craig is most likely not going to play an instrument live! But I have a feeling we're going to see him all over the stage, much like the times when he covered a familiar song with Everclear ("Sin City" and "Surrender," you know).

And why do I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more crowd surfing too? :?
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

HydrogenElf

Post by HydrogenElf » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:54 am

What does he do when he says he's working? What's his source of income if it's not music?
Oh, those sloppy tarts have sulphurized hearts.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:23 am

Well, he owns Coffee Cartel, so that is probably one job.
~Elizabeth

HydrogenElf

Post by HydrogenElf » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:48 am

What's Coffee Cartel?

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:19 am

Ethan, I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, think of a locally owned Starbucks.

Actually, I just found out that Craig works at CdBaby. That would probably make more sense...
~Elizabeth

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:48 am

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Ethan, I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, think of a locally owned Starbucks.

Actually, I just found out that Craig works at CdBaby. That would probably make more sense...
are you serious?
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

Memphis Mafia

Post by Memphis Mafia » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:28 pm

Tri-Polar is apparently alive again. You can go to their site to see what Brian had to say about it, but basically they brought Scotty back (in addition to Kevin), added this dude Eric to play bass if I remember correctly, and Craig's going to soley stick to singing. I'm not quite sure if this is them going all-out or if it's just for some fun shows during the summer.

HydrogenElf

Post by HydrogenElf » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:39 pm

I still have never heard of Coffee Cartel.