Sad but True

Discuss Everclear-related bands, such as Craig's band Tri-Polar and Greg's band The Oohlas.
cien_bolas

Sad but True

Post by cien_bolas » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:41 pm

irockcleveland wrote:While one member of Everclear has been making headlines for controversial videos and televised debates with Bill O'Reilly, a former member of the band has been making his own headlines with (get this) his music.
http://irockcleveland.blogspot.com/2006/08/oohlas.html

Damn. :oops:

Go on Greg, go on Oohlas

attE: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:16 pm

Don`t get me wrong, i think what Gregs doing blows Craigs attempt away, just becuase hes pioneering a sound instead of reworking one, but let`s not get any delusions of grandure about the oohlas, theyre very very underground.

The first line of this article is missleading. Although Art has been making headlines due to controversy, the Oohlas havn`t really been making headlines, unless you can call this article a headline (a 15 year olds blog).
I`d be kinder, but a link to thier own website has quotes from mostly online blogs, which are worth about as much as if Gregg had wirtten all those himself.
When you find that things are getting wild
then don't you want days like these?

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:39 pm

Hmm. Slow Mo Disco...Slow Motion Daydream is what I thought of right away after reading that.

I'm going to buy their CD if it comes out in stores, unlike Tri-Polar where you have to buy it online.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

IRockCleveland

Post by IRockCleveland » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:52 pm

I don't think what I said about Everclear was too harsh. Look around, and what's written about the band these days has nothing to do with the music. Hey, I still like the cd World of Noise. I just don't think you're going to win any arguments by saying that I'm a fifteen year old writing a blog and discrediting blog culture as a whole. I've been around this rock and roll scene for a long time (Try adding another fifteen years to your assumptions), and I've seen enough and heard enough to form my own opinions. In fact, I'd be more than happy for Art and his new incarnation of Everclear to prove me wrong. I was raised on rock from the early nineties and nothing would make me happier to see some veteran bands release some solid material once again.

Carry on my friends. I just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Memphis Mafia

Post by Memphis Mafia » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:24 am

Nah, The Oohlas have a few headlines. Lots are on blogs and stuff but they've got a recent mtv article and a few other spots in some magazines. They aren't well known, not at all, but they have definitely been noticed.

edit: i feel kinda dumb bringing up the mtv thing now that i see eric posted about it.. but still!