edit

Discuss Everclear-related bands, such as Craig's band Tri-Polar and Greg's band The Oohlas.
meeker

edit

Post by meeker » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:10 am

Edit
Last edited by meeker on Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:29 am

Ooh... Major Art-bashing. Nice way to release the anger from inside. :wink:

Thanks for the update!
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

Eager To Please

Post by Eager To Please » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:15 pm

i knew that they had a difference of opinions, but i thought that it was a peaceful split between the two

“Brand new Art…tragic, pathetic, stuck in a rut…so clear, so Everclear to me…I hate your rock-n-roll…â€
H&H Fantasy Football : 0-2

www.myspace.com/cochisechilipepper

palegreensparkle

Post by palegreensparkle » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:20 pm

woah... it was a little suprising to read that, but I am not shocked.... well I am glad that craig is finally doing something that he enjoys.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:54 pm

Apparently, there must have been some EXTREME tension between Craig and Art. Put it this way: Craig is expressing his feelings about Art. :lol:
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

thickasthieves

Post by thickasthieves » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:16 pm

just to CLEAR things up here. the song is not about Art at all. the song puppets is about all these new bands that look,sound,dress,walk and talk the same. you cant tell one from the other. thier music sucks to me and it makes me miserable when i hear all over the place. kinda like the feelings i was having the last couple of years with everclear. I have nothing against art or everclear, it was just not what i wanted to do anymore. once again it is not about art, but if you want to think it is well? I dont really care, you can see the song in several different ways. and i have no idea why i feel the need to spoon feed it or exsplain. craig

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:32 pm

thickasthieves wrote:and i have no idea why i feel the need to spoon feed it or exsplain. craig
Maybe because you're tired of all the bullshit...I know I am.

palegreensparkle

Post by palegreensparkle » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:05 pm

.. I can understand being in a situation where you are unhappy, and hating it, but it is not completely because of the people around you. I was on a newspaper staff, and I hated all of the things that we were always writing about, because it was not how I felt, or what I was interested in. I quit that and was much happier, but i did not come out hating all the other people on the staff who were making the decisions to write those stories... well blah blah...i'm sounding dumb... anyway, I am really happy that craig is soing what makes him happy, because doing something just because you've been doing so long is not good!! you need yo be yourself.... thanks Craig for clearing that up, and no.. you do not need to spoon feed us :wink:

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:55 pm

Well, Craig, if you didn't have to explain it to us (including me, being a really dumb blonde), you'd probably have a bunch of Art fans against you and Tri-Polar. I have to admit, the first time I saw those lyrics, I was like :shock: .

And, yes, I'm also tired of the crap. By the way, nice pun. ;)
~Elizabeth

Hoponpop

Post by Hoponpop » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:09 pm

as for craig, id much rather have him break off from everclear if thats not what hes into, if hes not happy with what hes doing then the work is gonna suffer.
so this beats the hell out of craig being in a band he dosent want to participate in.

Art Ownz U

Post by Art Ownz U » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:41 am

thickasthieves wrote:just to CLEAR things up here. the song is not about Art at all.
Hey Craig, if the song is "not about Art at all" then how come the article from http://www.twolouiesmagazine.com/may_04_turn2.html quotes Tri-Polar drummer Brian Lehfeldt saying that there are “obvious Everclear jabsâ€

plight

Post by plight » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:31 pm

thickasthieves wrote: the song puppets is about all these new bands that look,sound,dress,walk and talk the same. you cant tell one from the other. thier music sucks to me and it makes me miserable when i hear all over the place.
Ironically, that is how I feel about Tri-Polar!
*holds an envelope to his head*
I am thinking of a number between 1 and 10.
*opens an envelope*
What is the amount of CDs Tri-Polar will actually sell and not give away as freebies.

plight

Post by plight » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:35 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Well, Craig, if you didn't have to explain it to us (including me, being a really dumb blonde), you'd probably have a bunch of Art fans against you and Tri-Polar. I have to admit, the first time I saw those lyrics, I was like :shock: .
NEWMONTOYA04 [4:34:12PM] HAY GUYS COULD YOU LAY THE LIPS A LITTLE CLOSER TO MY ASS, UH NEEDS MORE CHAPSTICK AND AC/DC!!!
*holds an envelope to his head*
I am thinking of a number between 1 and 10.
*opens an envelope*
What is the amount of CDs Tri-Polar will actually sell and not give away as freebies.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:10 pm

Thanks a lot, plight. :roll:
~Elizabeth

thickasthieves

Post by thickasthieves » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:11 pm

what an idiot. if you dont like the music dont listen to it and go listen to your boy bands