Live Acoustic

Post links to Everclear related downloads. NO ILLEGAL CONTENT ALLOWED!
ekeown
Site Admin

Live Acoustic

Post by ekeown » Thu May 08, 2008 1:08 pm

I happened upon a blog entry that posted all of the Live Acoustic EP, that was sold with some of the European copies of Sparkle and Fade. It's really amazing to hear how great the band sounded, especially Art's voice. If any of you haven't heard these recordings, I highly recommend you check them out. They were recorded for a live radio performance at KDGE in Dallas, TX on April 19, 1996.

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/2008 ... -disc.html

The tracklist is:
1. Heroin Girl
2. Summerland
3. Annabella
4. Sparkle
5. Heartspark Dollarsign
6. American Girl
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Thanks Eric!

Rob

Post by Rob » Thu May 08, 2008 10:22 pm

yeah, thanks a lot. i just listened to it. sparkle is my favorite from that show and i have never heard american girl live before.

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Thu May 08, 2008 11:05 pm

Rob wrote:sparkle is my favorite from that show
It really is an amazing performance. I think the only version of Sparkle that is better is the Live On The Radio version, also called the lounger version.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

twistinside1980

Post by twistinside1980 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:53 am

ekeown wrote:
Rob wrote:sparkle is my favorite from that show
It really is an amazing performance. I think the only version of Sparkle that is better is the Live On The Radio version, also called the lounger version.
I couldn't agree with you more, Eric.
Breathin' fire doesn't look good on a resume.

Rob

Post by Rob » Fri May 09, 2008 8:45 am

i just had one of those times where you don't realize something until you start to explain it to someone

i had my girlfriend on the phone and i was telling her about this new everclear show, how it was released in england when sparkle and fade came out. how it didn't have santa monica because it hadn't yet become his song and started to name the songs that WERE on it, when i found myself naming annabella's song

so he wrote this song about seven years before it was released?
i never heard of it being mentioned before Volume 1 before.

also about the lounger version, i always thought that referred to the cover of sparkle by david shekley, i think his name is. other than that i have two live recordings of sparkle from art in 1997 which sound very similar to eachother and one version from everclear in 1993, i think i've heard it called speed sparkle before or something like that.
there is another sparkle floating around somewhere i've never heard of?

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Fri May 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Rob wrote:i had my girlfriend on the phone and i was telling her about this new everclear show, how it was released in england when sparkle and fade came out. how it didn't have santa monica because it hadn't yet become his song
This recording was recorded almost a year after Sparkle & Fade was released, and Santa Monica was definitely a bit when this was recorded. They did actually record Santa Monica at this show, but it wasn't included on the Live Acoustic disc, it was released on the Summerland Tour Disc that came with some copies of Sparkle & Fade in Australia, that was referred to as the Australian Tour Pack.
Rob wrote:and started to name the songs that WERE on it, when i found myself naming annabella's song

so he wrote this song about seven years before it was released?
i never heard of it being mentioned before Volume 1 before.
Yes, there is a studio recorded b-sider version of Annabella's song that was released in 1995 on copies of a few of the Heroin Girl singles released outside of the U.S. It's very much in line with their Sparkle & Fade sound...electric guitars, faster pace. It's the same lyrics and mostly the same structure, but sounds nothing like the version you know.

Rob wrote:also about the lounger version, i always thought that referred to the cover of sparkle by david shekley, i think his name is. other than that i have two live recordings of sparkle from art in 1997 which sound very similar to eachother and one version from everclear in 1993, i think i've heard it called speed sparkle before or something like that.
there is another sparkle floating around somewhere i've never heard of?
The lounger version cover you mentioned was recorded by Aaron Shekey (check out his band Apparently Nothing) but he based his cover on the officially released lounger version of the song. It's just slower than the version found on World of Noise, similar to the acoustic version linked in this thread. As far as official releases, there are three version of Sparkle, the album version, the lounger version (live electric) and the version in this thread (live acoustic). I've never heard of "speed Sparkle".
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

Rob

Post by Rob » Mon May 12, 2008 5:42 pm

that's interesting that santa monica was played at this show yet it wasn't on the recording

that's good to know about the sparkle and fade era annabella's song. also the fact that the sparkle lounger version recording i hear referred to is by art and not shekey, there are at least two more everclear gems i have yet to stumble upon

the version of sparkle i mentioned is a live recording where the band tried to play it just like it sounds on world of noise. they lyrics are a little jumbled

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon May 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Rob wrote:the version of sparkle i mentioned is a live recording where the band tried to play it just like it sounds on world of noise. they lyrics are a little jumbled
That might be the version recorded in April of 1993 at Satyricon in Portland. I've got it posted on the second page of the MP3 archive, and from the comments I posted, I mention that some people refer to it as the speed metal version, so I guess I just forgot that people called it that.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

Rob

Post by Rob » Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 pm

ekeown wrote:
Rob wrote:the version of sparkle i mentioned is a live recording where the band tried to play it just like it sounds on world of noise. they lyrics are a little jumbled
That might be the version recorded in April of 1993 at Satyricon in Portland. I've got it posted on the second page of the MP3 archive, and from the comments I posted, I mention that some people refer to it as the speed metal version, so I guess I just forgot that people called it that.
yeeeeah, that's exactly it and where i got it from
also that's where i got the speed from, where you called it the speed metal version. so really you are the only person i've ever heard call it that.