Left...or Right?

Talk amongst yourselves.
Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:42 am

plight wrote:As someone who is radically liberal himself, the field of Democratic nominies is in itself frightening. You have Dean who is waaaay too liberal for even most liberals. Clark who can't hold his own in debate without looking like an idiot and Kerry who frankly doesn't have much of a chance to begin with. I'm personally hoping for a good third party choice, because i'm extremely underwhelmed like I was in 2000. I wound up voting for Nader that year, because Liebermann in office scares me alot more than Cheney did.
Yeah, I was underwhelmed, too. *shrug* At this point, I don't care. Come election time, I won't be picking a president; I'll be trying to fire one. The only thing I'll be comparing is their chance of beating Bush, and that means a Democrat.

plight

Post by plight » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:51 am

Storm wrote:Yeah, I was underwhelmed, too. *shrug* At this point, I don't care. Come election time, I won't be picking a president; I'll be trying to fire one. The only thing I'll be comparing is their chance of beating Bush, and that means a Democrat.
Yeah, well, unless there is a third party option [or whoever the Democratic nominees Vice President choice is] available I won't bother to vote at all. Basically it is like this -

'Puppet on the left shares my beliefs'

'The puppet on the right is more to my liking'

It's one guy holding up both puppets!

Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:28 am

Dude, if you don't vote, you don't bitch.

plight

Post by plight » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:38 am

Storm wrote:Dude, if you don't vote, you don't bitch.
:eyeroll:

Even *I* know this and said nothing about bitching to begin with, I seriously don't want another 'so-called' liberal like Liebermann on the Democratic ticket...EVER.

everelizabeth

Post by everelizabeth » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:03 pm

Well, I think I'm the swing voter.

Technically I'm more republican but I'm quickly converting.
Quite honestly though, I don't think it matters. I think the politicians just
feed us a line of b/s to win the popularity contest.....
Beshie

When I think about you now it makes me think of summertime....we were laughing in the sunshine

blinkclear

Post by blinkclear » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:57 pm

Right as rain baby. libertarian in most regards. i suppose thats far right?
...like a plane crash that never hits the ground...

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:24 pm

I think Libertarians are labeled in the middle - social liberals, fiscal conservatives- because it's all about self govrenance

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:32 pm

Hahahaha, I was looking at this post and wanted to ask a little thing...

how many different... hmmm... politic groups(?) do you northamericans have in your country?

I guess... two? three? FOUR?

atte: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

Storm

Post by Storm » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:47 pm

Well, the main ones are the Republicans and the Democrats, who are pretty much in charge of everything. But a lot of people are dissatisfied with them, so there are a lot of 'third-party" groups trying to break their stranglehold on the government. So, let's see - there's the Libertarian, Green, Independent (jerks), and Constitution parties..... Did I miss any?

Storm

Post by Storm » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:48 pm

Well, the main ones are the Republicans and the Democrats, who are pretty much in charge of everything. But a lot of people are dissatisfied with them, so there are a lot of 'third-party" groups trying to break their stranglehold on the government. So, let's see - there's the Libertarian, Green, Independent (jerks), and Constitution parties..... Did I miss any?

plight

*eyeroll*

Post by plight » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:36 pm

Storm wrote:Independent (jerks)
*annoyed look*

Wow, this is seriously one of the most close-minded things i've read on this board thus far.

While you are certainly entitled to your point of view, explain why it is you feel 'Independents' are jerks? There are currently a couple of really good respectable Independent legislators in our House & Senate who are far more interested in serving the people than playing party politics.
If you're going to paint everyone with one broad brushstroke, at least have some sort of evidence to facilitate your arguement.

Storm

Post by Storm » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:32 pm

Sorry, should've explained. I don't have any real beef with the party, policies, or people - It just annoys the crap out of me that they went and named a party "Independent" since that's the common term for people without a party affiliation (like myself). It just gives me the feeling that I'm being claimed when I choose to go solo.
That's all. Not a political view, just a peeve.
And, yes, it IS a party, as opposed to actual Independents. I only found out about them last spring; they're brand new.
'Course, it backfired. Now nobody knows about them, because of their name, so HA!

plight

Post by plight » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:36 pm

Storm wrote:Sorry, should've explained. I don't have any real beef with the party, policies, or people - It just annoys the crap out of me that they went and named a party "Independent" since that's the common term for people without a party affiliation (like myself). It just gives me the feeling that I'm being claimed when I choose to go solo.
That's all. Not a political view, just a peeve.
And, yes, it IS a party, as opposed to actual Independents. I only found out about them last spring; they're brand new.
'Course, it backfired. Now nobody knows about them, because of their name, so HA!
It's actually the American Indepence party [which they call themselves on their website] which I believe your refering too. Luckily, I understood what you were talking about....barely. ;)
When I talk about a real Independant, i'm talking about someone like a Lyndon LaRouche as an example.

Storm

Post by Storm » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:17 pm

plight wrote:It's actually the American Indepence party [which they call themselves on their website] which I believe your refering too. Luckily, I understood what you were talking about....barely. ;)
When I talk about a real Independant, i'm talking about someone like a Lyndon LaRouche as an example.
Yeah, that's it. Sorry for the scattered thoughts. I was at work, and I've had one hell of a week, so I'm a bit loopy lately. I don't really know much about them, except for that. They do refer to themselves individually as "Independents," though, and that pisses me off. *shrug* Oh, well.

I only heard about them when I went to update my registration and asked the staff at the voting center what the difference was between "Independent" and Not Affiliated."

patty42

Post by patty42 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:38 pm

my history teacher is running for city council my city. he says his party is the "freedom and peace part" what is that?
"right now day one i fall hard when i fall i always fall on you face first head down eyes closed arms out to break my fall we fall down like a world of noise...." - a.p. alexakis