halloween

Talk amongst yourselves.
plight

Post by plight » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:17 am

Katie wrote:
You met Joss Whedon? I am supremely jealous. I think he is a genius and he seems like such an awesome guy. Although I would probably have an overwhelming urge to ask him why he let Buffy start to suck in the last couple of seasons. And that would be bad.

--Katie
Yes, you read the comic book series he did for Dark Horse called 'Fray' right? I believe he did some Buffy issues as well, that weren't half bad. He's a great guy who seems to care about taking the time to meet his fans and hearing what they say unlike most celebrities or musicians.

I think Buffy kind of started to suck, because Joss was burned out and was overburned by the workload he had going on. That's just my opinion however.

Katie

Post by Katie » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:44 am

plight wrote: Yes, you read the comic book series he did for Dark Horse called 'Fray' right? I believe he did some Buffy issues as well, that weren't half bad. He's a great guy who seems to care about taking the time to meet his fans and hearing what they say unlike most celebrities or musicians.

I think Buffy kind of started to suck, because Joss was burned out and was overburned by the workload he had going on. That's just my opinion however.

Yah, I read Fray. It's really good. I'm not much of a comic book reader, but Fray is well-done. He seems like an awesome guy and I've heard nothing but nice things from people who've met him.

I agree that Buffy started to suck because Joss got burned out. It makes sense, he was ridiculously involved with the first three seasons, re-writing every single script. He just has such a distinct writing style that fits so well in the Buffyverse. Buffy in his hands was always utter greatness, but when he let go of some control, it was bad news. In the sixth season, he stopped being really involved and it totally showed. He was very distracted with Firefly. And he still is because it's apparently being made into a movie.

For some reason though, when Joss is super involved in Angel, it SUCKS. It had totally been the least Jossed show for the past few seasons and last season was absolutely amazing. And this season Joss has nothing but Angel to work on (at least until the Firefly movie starts) and it absolutely SUCKS! (Just in my opinion, of course.) I would very much like him to leave it alone now.

--Katie

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:13 pm

Despite asking it off like a million years ago, I have to work on Halloween 6 p.m. - midnight so I probably won't dress up.

BUT - I considered the following:

-Beecher
- A drag queen
- A giant pumpkin with AIDS.

Maybe I should start a poll..... would make work a shitload more interesting..

PS - If you know who the first one is, I will love you until the day I die.
"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me"

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:17 pm

hmmm... why does the name "Lee" ring a bell... 8)
~*Melissa*~

I wish I could be like all my heros, I wish I could be like all yours too...

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:36 pm

:D

But you already knew I loved ya.

Katie

Post by Katie » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:28 pm

I know who the first one is... kinda at least. He's from Oz, right? I've never watched Oz (no HBO), but I have a friend who's obsessed. Which one does Chris Meloni play? He was just on this week's Scrubs and there was apparently an Oz shout-out. He was a pediatrician who was puppet-obsessed and had this puppet that he loved. He refused to treat Dr. Cox's son and Dr. Cox went crazy and kidnapped the puppet and then sent him the puppet's hand. Heh.

--Katie

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:34 pm

Katie wrote:I know who the first one is... kinda at least. He's from Oz, right? I've never watched Oz (no HBO), but I have a friend who's obsessed. Which one does Chris Meloni play? He was just on this week's Scrubs and there was apparently an Oz shout-out. He was a pediatrician who was puppet-obsessed and had this puppet that he loved. He refused to treat Dr. Cox's son and Dr. Cox went crazy and kidnapped the puppet and then sent him the puppet's hand. Heh.

--Katie
Ohmygosh. Okay - yes, you're right - Beechers from Oz. And if you EVER get a chance to - WATCH it. It rocks.

Okay, before going COMPLETELY OT (because trust me, Oz could be its own thread as far as I'm concerned) - CM plays Chris Keller - the sexual predator that is trying to win Beecher's heart.

There were a few shoutouts in the ep - the puppets are probably a S.O. to Nooter Pecker - the two puppets from Miss Sally's school yard (the show that all the inmates watch). And I also heard that there was a line about him harming the kid like, 'You think I could ever do any harm to your kid' - which was almost a direct quote from an ep of Oz when Beecher's kids got kidnapped by the Aryans.

Is there like a support group somewhere for this kind of thing?

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:28 pm

Weird_Inside wrote::D

But you already knew I loved ya.
did ya? I couldn't tell

Haha, just kidding. I'm excited to get to see that show!
~*Melissa*~

I wish I could be like all my heros, I wish I could be like all yours too...

Katie

Post by Katie » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:43 pm

Weird_Inside wrote: Ohmygosh. Okay - yes, you're right - Beechers from Oz. And if you EVER get a chance to - WATCH it. It rocks.

Okay, before going COMPLETELY OT (because trust me, Oz could be its own thread as far as I'm concerned) - CM plays Chris Keller - the sexual predator that is trying to win Beecher's heart.

There were a few shoutouts in the ep - the puppets are probably a S.O. to Nooter Pecker - the two puppets from Miss Sally's school yard (the show that all the inmates watch). And I also heard that there was a line about him harming the kid like, 'You think I could ever do any harm to your kid' - which was almost a direct quote from an ep of Oz when Beecher's kids got kidnapped by the Aryans.

Is there like a support group somewhere for this kind of thing?
I have been curious about Oz just cuz I hear such good things about it. I have a feeling it might disturb the hell out of me though.. heh. But my friend who is obsessed with it likes pretty much the same stuff I do, so I'm assuming I'd like it if she does.

I've definitely heard of both Beecher and Keller from her because towards the end of the series, she'd tell me about what was going on with her favorite characters and those were two of her favorites. One of them got the death penalty right? Or someone she liked did.. I don't know, I can't really remember now. I just remember her being upset that someone got the death penalty or was going to get the death penalty.

Chris Meloni was really good on Scrubs. I'd never seen him in anything before, but he cracked me up. He was really good opposite John C. McGinley (Dr. Cox). I read somewhere that his character might become recurring, but I don't know how true that is. I think that would awesome because he fit into the show really well.

--Katie

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:40 am

Katie wrote: I've definitely heard of both Beecher and Keller from her because towards the end of the series, she'd tell me about what was going on with her favorite characters and those were two of her favorites. One of them got the death penalty right? Or someone she liked did.. I don't know, I can't really remember now. I just remember her being upset that someone got the death penalty or was going to get the death penalty.
--Katie
CM is an EXCELLENT actor. Actually, that show is just chock FULL of amazing performances...and rap stars. It's sooo strange some times. It's like, one scene you'll get brought to your knees hoping that your favorite mentally challenged murderer doesn't die - and the next you're going 'HEY! Isn't that Pepa?!'

I'm not too sure which one your friend was referring to - just about everyone got the death penalty in one way or another - Keller was on death row and so was Cyril. And if you've never seen the episode where Cyril gets sent to the chair - check it out! It's called 'A Day in the Death' and it shoulda won an emmy. But then again, if your last names not Soprano or you aren't in the 'Middle' of something - you'll NEVER win an emmy.

evervescent

Post by evervescent » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:12 pm

I can't wait. The great thing about having kids is that I get to trick-or-treat again.

I went as Buffy last year. This year I'm going as the vampire. Only not a Buffy vamp with the whole bumpy forehead thing. More of an Underworld vamp. Got some bright blue contacts and cool vamp teeth.

Halloween beats all the other holidays.
Its not that I'm lazy. Its that I just don't care.

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:56 pm

You just wait all you Halloweenies. Theres gonna be the biggest Christmas thread on here sometime soon... biggest Christmas thread you've ever seen. ;)

ihearteverclear

Post by ihearteverclear » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:06 pm

this year will be my first year not trick or treating. im kinda sad about that. but still get to dress up because im going to a halloween party.
im a loser geek. i wanna shake your genius hands.

SparkleNFade

Post by SparkleNFade » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:41 pm

ihearteverclear wrote:this year will be my first year not trick or treating. im kinda sad about that. but still get to dress up because im going to a halloween party.
I will trick or treat until the day I die.

*Jade
"Dream as if you'll live forever...
Live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

SmashingClear

Post by SmashingClear » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:22 pm

im trying to get my neice to go as a booger :D