ERIC KEOWN: WHEN IS THAT BABY DUE?

Talk amongst yourselves.
CaseyinKC

Post by CaseyinKC » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:53 pm

everelizabeth wrote:(Or when she is so sick of being pregnant she just can't take it anymore-whichever, comes 1st! :wink: )
I WISH that were true -- i hit that point at least a week before i was due -- i swear i felt like my belly was actually ripping open hence the stretch marks from hell of which we do not speak. I ended up going 15 days long with the 1st, they were going to induce on day 16.

Oh, dad-to-be: another good indicator is whether wifey & any of her siblings were early or late babies, as gest age tends to run in families. My bro, sis and I were all late as were my mom and all her sibs. I therefore was doomed from the begining to be preggy until the docs threatened that child to vacate the premises or else!

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:17 pm

hehehehehe, damn, i love that little type! sometimes you can say so much when you're typing so little!

and eric -- just so your lovely wife doesn't lose ALL hope....my first was due nov. 22nd, and she arrived (following a BoDeans concert) on nov. 14th. my baby jane was due dec. 30th and came jan. 2nd (during halftime of the sugar bowl, to be exact!). so obviously, there *are* exceptions to the rule.

still, i'm thinking she'll deliver a tad bit late. don't ask me why -- i just liked the sound of dec. 11th. besides, it's a month after my birthday! ;)
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:59 pm

Most people I know, including myself, were late with their first child.
I wasn't very big with him, and the doc's estimated that I'd have him pretty near my due date, and that he'd be around average weight (about 7lb 6oz), and he was 15 days late and weighed just under 9lb.
I was also told in the beginning, with my second child, that she would probably be a little bigger than my son, as second births normally are, and she was only 6lb 10oz.!!
So much for what the experts told me!!
I f**king love this band.
And anyone that doesn't is, quite frankly, a c*nt. - Ginger / The Wildhearts

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:16 pm

eric, the best piece of advice i ever got about childbirth was this:

plan *everything* from lighting to soothing music to "focal points," to whether or not the hubby will cut the cord. then, once you've planned out your "perfect birth," prepare to throw everything out the window, because in the end, *anything* can -- and usually will -- happen.

okay, now -- back to those guesses, everybody! anyone up for predicting an early birth for the lovely mrs. keown?

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:27 pm

stupid happy wrote:eric, the best piece of advice i ever got about childbirth was this:

plan *everything* from lighting to soothing music to "focal points," to whether or not the hubby will cut the cord. then, once you've planned out your "perfect birth," prepare to throw everything out the window, because in the end, *anything* can -- and usually will -- happen.
:lol:
I love those women who plan to have a totally natural birth, go to all their birthing classes to learn relaxation and breathing techniques, buy tapes of whale songs songs, and Gorgorian monks chanting, and who look down on us lesser mortals who plan to take pain relief , and bam, they go into labour and it's like, 'give me a f*ckin epidural. Now!'

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:05 pm

you totally just described me. with my first, i was afraid i would have to get an epidural. (i did.) with my second, i was worried i wouldn't make it to the hospital in time to get an epidural. hehehehe...

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:38 pm

I've always said that with your first you are so scared because you don't know what to expect, and with your second you're scared 'cos you know exactly WHAT to expect!!

I had an epidural with my second, and I must admit I wish I never. It was great at the time, but I've suffered with bad lower back pain ever since.

samantha

Post by samantha » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:41 pm

I'm up for early. My first, Zooey, was 5 weeks early and #2, Kieran was three weeks early, so I'll cut Mrs. Keown some slack and say November 26th at 4:27 p.m. CST.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:57 pm

way to go, samantha -- i'll bet mrs. K. appreciates your optimism! :D

grady

Post by grady » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:07 pm

good luck eric
DON'T FAKE THE FUNK

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:04 am

everelizabeth wrote: luckily for us the doctors don't know
shit about the actual birthweight.
Well, this was the new ultrasound machine that made the estimate, not the doctor. They did all sorts of measurements (cranium, femur, spine, etc...) through the machine, and it gave them the weight. It's one of the new 4D ultrasound machines...if you haven't ever seen one of those they are freaky...they can actually gice you detailed pictures of your baby!

Doctors appointment went well, all is fine. No dilation, or soft cervex...so proably not this week...
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

CaseyinKC

Post by CaseyinKC » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:05 pm

the 4-D machines are funky, but most of the practices i work with don't use them for clinical measurements, because the additional pictures they can get with them are really just kinda "gee-whiz" stuff and don't really work any better than typical ultrasound machines as far as measurement. I know of one group that as a rule does not give a birth weight estimate other than to say normal/boarderline/abnormal because the calculations can be so subjective.

And, just as a bit of technical info, the gest age/size/weight estimates depend SOOO much on the tech doing the US because fractions of a cm difference in the points chosen on the screen for ends of the long bones and head circ, etc and the angle at which they are taken cause wide variations in the "results" you are given. As long as things fall "on the curve" just consider everything to be normal and expect variation from there.

EverclearFanForLife

Post by EverclearFanForLife » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:54 am

hmmmm I will say December 1st 7:30 am

twistinside1980

Post by twistinside1980 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:54 am

EverclearFanForLife wrote:hmmmm I will say December 1st 7:30 am
Damnit I was going to say December first. but I'll say November 30th at 12:01pm. (eric will still be up playing halo 2 from the night before) :wink:
Breathin' fire doesn't look good on a resume.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:06 am

twistinside1980 wrote:
EverclearFanForLife wrote:hmmmm I will say December 1st 7:30 am
Damnit I was going to say December first. but I'll say November 30th at 12:01pm. (eric will still be up playing halo 2 from the night before) :wink:
Eric, you could name your kid Halo. ;)
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007