Scary Moments

Talk amongst yourselves.
Silver Ginger

Scary Moments

Post by Silver Ginger » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:24 am

OK As it's nearly Halloween I thought you might like to add your faves or the things that made you piss your pants in fright to this..........We've just had this show over here called Top 100 Scary Moments and viewers had to vote for their scariest moment in film ,music, tv etc.
There were things rangeing form Darth Vader, The Wizard of Oz witch,and the Dr Who theme tune (this used to scare me to death as a kid by the way) to Blair Witch, Scream etc.
Anyway here's the top 10

10 A Nightmare On Elm Street
9 The Omen
8 Texas Chainsaw Massacre
7 Halloween
6 Ring (1998 version)
5 Blair Witch Project
4 Alien
3 Jaws
2 The Ex...... (I'm not gonna say it. You know the Linda Blair film)
1 The Shining

The Shining was voted top 'cos of the famous 'Here's Johnny' scene. It's more funny and tongue in cheek than scary in my opinion, but hey what do I know!

Anyway I guess mine would have to be -
Dr Who music.......as I said before it used to really scare me when I was a kid. I used to sit with a pillow partly covering my face when the Daleks came on! :twisted:
The Ex...... (linda blair) I saw this when I was about 14 and I thought I would die of fright! :twisted:
Hellrazor - Good old Pinhead. Not really too scary, more gory, and Pinhead and the Cenobites (sp?) look amazing. :twisted:
Salems Lot - (film and book) when that vampire kid is scratching and tapping at the window....Jesus that was scary. I couldn't sleep for days after! :twisted:

Now over to you. What made you have sleepless nights and /or wet yourselves in sheer terror? :twisted:

Matty

Post by Matty » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:42 am

The film version of 'The Shining' wasn't scary. The book was. Not all that much, but enough to make me a bit edgy at night for a few days.

I really don't scare that easily.
Forgive me nothing.

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:50 am

Matty wrote: I really don't scare that easily.
You should come and work with some of the kids I do, and meet their parents. Now THAT can be scary!! :?

blinkclear

Post by blinkclear » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:49 pm

texas chainsaw massacre is the only movie that has really scared me. just cause i run on gravel roads at night past creepy farms. :shock: blair witch and the ring..not scary at all
...like a plane crash that never hits the ground...

SparkleNFade

Post by SparkleNFade » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:35 pm

The Ring, definatly.

I saw The Evil Dead at a sleepover and I think that made it ten times scarier than it actually was because everyone was screaming and scaring each other.

The beginning of the song "Crazy Beat" by Blur scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it. I had my alarm radio set so I aws awoken to little monster voices at 6 in the morning. Not fun.

*Jade
"Dream as if you'll live forever...
Live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:45 pm

IT scared the crap outta me.

Man, clowns are freaky scary.
~*Melissa*~

I wish I could be like all my heros, I wish I could be like all yours too...

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:41 pm

The Ring sucked too much to be scary.

HOWEVER, Scream - the first one was REALLY well done and scary to boot.
"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me"

ihearteverclear

Post by ihearteverclear » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:46 pm

i ususally dont see scary movies b\c i get scared way to easily.. but i will say that IT and the ring were both very scary. i went into my first haunted house last weekend. it was scary i didnt see half of it b\c my head was burried into my friends arm. lol
im a loser geek. i wanna shake your genius hands.