IPOD

Talk amongst yourselves.
northwestrocker

IPOD

Post by northwestrocker » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:21 am

okay, so i'm looking at getting the standard 20G $300 IPOD... for those who own or have owned an IPOD, anything you care to share or advice?
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

HydrogenElf

Post by HydrogenElf » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:51 am

i have a 20 gig

love it to death

dont know how id live if i lost it

get a case ASAP

that thing will get scratched fucking up

and youll regret it eventually

that happened to me

so get a case as soon as you can
Oh, those sloppy tarts have sulphurized hearts.

twistinside1980

Post by twistinside1980 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:35 am

I'm not sure I saw an ad about napster it was an mp3 player and it said it held a shitload (not in those words) more than an ipod and with napster you can download as many songs as you want for a flat rate per month. But as I said before, I'm not really sure. Anyone here deal with napster lately??? :?: :?: :?:
Breathin' fire doesn't look good on a resume.

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:26 am

Big fan of the iPod. I have two 40 gig iPods and a mini iPod and I've filled them all up. They have assimilated themselves with my body. It's gotten to stage where I no longer interact with other people because they take up valuable iPod time.

Get one with your name engraved on the back because it's more gangster that way. And if you feel the need to cover it with your man milk, then that's only natural.
Mr Vaughan has spoken

Femaldihide

Post by Femaldihide » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:19 am

i agree with Mr. Vaughan and the case is ABSOLUTLY nessessary

Colorfinger
Site Contributor

Post by Colorfinger » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am

Screw Apple and screw the iPod. You're only buying the name. My suggestion is buy Creative Zen Touch. Cheaper and better. I guarantee it. They are just as small and sleek without all the commercial crap.

I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox 3, but they stopped making them. The only portable hard drive that has line in / line out features for taping shows. Very cool.
the only thing worth listening to these days
http://www.myspace.com/mycontrolpanel

Femaldihide

Post by Femaldihide » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:08 pm

Colorfinger wrote:Screw Apple and screw the iPod. You're only buying the name. My suggestion is buy Creative Zen Touch. Cheaper and better. I guarantee it. They are just as small and sleek without all the commercial crap.

I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox 3, but they stopped making them. The only portable hard drive that has line in / line out features for taping shows. Very cool.
my guess is that your are trying to sound elite and have never used an iPod

so shhhhhh

Colorfinger
Site Contributor

Post by Colorfinger » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:40 pm

Femaldihide wrote:
Colorfinger wrote:Screw Apple and screw the iPod. You're only buying the name. My suggestion is buy Creative Zen Touch. Cheaper and better. I guarantee it. They are just as small and sleek without all the commercial crap.

my guess is that your are trying to sound elite and have never used an iPod

so shhhhhh
:roll:

My friend has an iPod and I've tried it. Guess what?

Nothing special. It's the same as Creative, Rio, H-River, but just more expensive.

Check out Creative Nomads - http://www.nomadworld.com/ You can get a 60gb Creative Zen Touch (looks JUST Like an iPod) for less than a 40 gb iPod.

grady

Post by grady » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:58 pm

I have a mini one, seriously I don't feel responsible enough to own it.

But yes it makes you listen to music a lot more.
DON'T FAKE THE FUNK

Copper

Post by Copper » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:59 pm

twistinside1980 wrote:I'm not sure I saw an ad about napster it was an mp3 player and it said it held a shitload (not in those words) more than an ipod and with napster you can download as many songs as you want for a flat rate per month. But as I said before, I'm not really sure. Anyone here deal with napster lately??? :?: :?: :?:
I've heard that the Napster files only play as long as you're still subscribed to the service, so if you ever decide to stop using it all the files won't play. But that could be total crap.

HydrogenElf

Post by HydrogenElf » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:43 pm

napster to go...

you pay 15 a month and rent as many songs as youd like

you cant burn them

but you can put them on an mp3 player

and when you cancel, you loose all the songs

it's meh

as for colorfinger... a lot of people are anti-ipod just for the sake of being anti-ipod these days. like everything popular, people will trash it just because.

the ipod is a fantastic player

i find most of the features in the Creative to be completely useless for what I want, and ive never found myself going "Damn i wish my ipod had line in"... the features are just excess and useless, imo. unless you have specialty needs, which most dont.

its okay to like one better, but these anti-ipod people are so militant in spreading their DOWN WITH THE IPOD doctrine.. it's pretty hostile.. they wont even recognize that ipod is an excellent player.

i prefer the ipod over all, but the creative is a good player, too.

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:46 pm

okay, all parties have expressed themselves extremely well, but i must to the IPOD-ers why i should buy an ipod if i can get a creative that holds more for a smaller price?
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

HydrogenElf

Post by HydrogenElf » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:23 pm

for one, the zen touch 40 gig is 340

40 bucks more than the 20 gig ipod

not much, but if youre on a limit to 300, its an issue

second, the zen touch is UGLY

yeah, im shallow, and i love that my ipod is sexy. the zen touch is not sexy.

next, the controls on the touch.. not even close to as amazingly simple as the ipod controls

ive used both

ipod blows away all competition as far as simple-as-possible controls go

ipods a bit smaller and a bit thinner

imo, ipod has better sound quality. i know most people who review them say the creative has slightly better.... but i disagree. i used my friend's nomad jukebox versus my ipod on the same song (he despises the ipod just cause the ipod is popular) and i thought the pod sounded better.

as a matter of sheer value, the xen touch prolly is the better buy

but as far as quality of the players, theyre about equal, with my lean going to the ipod.

most of creative's features are useless

and yeah, you pay a bit more for having the smallest, best lookign player, but i more than think its worth it.

Femaldihide

Post by Femaldihide » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:18 am

if your gonna buy one buy the one that IS more popular because it will have the most features and add ons.

There is a reason it's so popular, think about it.

Colorfinger
Site Contributor

Post by Colorfinger » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:51 am

HydrogenElf wrote: for one, the zen touch 40 gig is 340

40 bucks more than the 20 gig ipod not much, but if youre on a limit to 300, its an issue second,
I just saw an advertisement for a 40 GB Creative Zen touch at Circuit City for 230 dollars.

Googling up a 40 GB iPod comes up to about 399.95 :shock: http://www.x10.com/electronics/ipod_40gb.html

Big difference.

Advantage: Creative
HydrogenElf wrote: the zen touch is UGLY yeah, im shallow, and i love that my ipod is sexy. the zen touch is not sexy. next, the controls on the touch.. not even close to as amazingly simple as the ipod controls ive used both
ipod blows away all competition as far as simple-as-possible controls go ipods a bit smaller and a bit thinner imo,
http://www.creative.com/products/produc ... duct=10274 Here is a picture of the Zen Touch. I wouldn't say it's ugly, but maybe it's not as "nice looking" as the iPod. I guess HydrogenElf is a stereotype for why most people buy the iPod... for appearance sake. Also, you have to be pretty stupid if you can't work a creative or anything other than an iPod. All those mp3 players are all easy to use. If you want barebones, go for an iPod, sometimes those extra features on the case come in handy.

Advantage

iPod for looks
Creative for extra buttons
HydrogenElf wrote:
ipod has better sound quality. i know most people who review them say the creative has slightly better.... but i disagree. i used my friend's nomad jukebox versus my ipod on the same song (he despises the ipod just cause the ipod is popular) and i thought the pod sounded better.
That's your opinion. I just don't see how Apple could beat out guys who have been putting out top of the line sound cards for years.

Advantage: Ummm I guess no one
HydrogenElf wrote: most of creative's features are useless
Ummm no. My nomad jukebox 3 which is an older model had a lot of great features that are invaluable to me. One was the line in/line out (won't find it in the zen touch but still neat, because of taping) Two was the EAX controls which had smart volume control which made all the songs have the same level, you could adjust the environment controls to get a better sound, and it CAME with random shuffle control way before Apple brought out this seperate iPod Shuffle release.

It's up to you if you think you don't need or need. It's still a lot cheaper than iPods. I think people think I'm against iPod because they are popular. I don't think so, I just think people are misinformed into thinking that the iPod is the only available mp3 player on the market. The iPods have to be a decent player at the least looking into their success rate but I think it is due to the sleek look of the iPod and the name brand. That is all.

Advantage: Creative