It's Nuclear Times that we're living in.......

Talk amongst yourselves.
johnnypotsmoker69

Post by johnnypotsmoker69 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:36 pm

EverclearGTFABA wrote:you'd think a pot smoker wouldnt care this much about current events

:lol:

I like to know where my pot comes from. :D
stupid happy wrote:p.s. -- johnnypotsmoker is STILL one of my favorite posters.

ahhh i love you too....but i do go in and out of the boards. hahahahah
stupid happy wrote:fox news is evil, plain and simple. fair and balanced? pardon me while i puke all over myself.

Fox news is a joke...I like to watch it when I am feeling a little crazy....
HydrogenElf wrote:lots of stuff which make sense in a simple way

I agree with you, that is why I said
johnnypotsmoker69 wrote:1. Start talks about reunification based on a timetable with the condition that North Korea embraces the free market in the interim, and offers free and open press in his country in the interim. This puts tremendous pressure on him INTERNALLY, which is far more dangerous for him than any sort of external threat.

The only way we get change is through economics and that in turn puts pressure on governments, the one I can think of is China, they are due for a good civil rights movement but the rich countries of the world like whipping boys, which suck...but it is the truth.
"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

H&H Fantasy Football '06 1-2

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:33 pm

Memphis Mafia wrote:sarcasm!
ah okay. sorry, but it's hard to tell these days considering the number of idiots we have in this country who would say something like that.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:03 am

johnnypotsmoker69 wrote:
cien_bolas wrote:well, yeah, iran is completely governed by Hamas, the radical terrorist group, and even that wasn't enough to throw them off the World Cup...

What does the world cup have to do with anything, it is sport.
it seems like you haven't heard the news. Several countries were against iran participating in the world cup because their "plans" on improving in the nuclear matter.
johnnypotsmoker69 wrote:
cien_bolas wrote:Are their nuclear weapons really "dangerous for the world", or is that just another excuse for the US so they can go one day in the future and conquer them both, as they have already done with Iraq?

Cien, yes nuclear weapons are really dangerous, the weapons themselves have the power to destabilize governments and destroy nations. That is an ignorant statement.
i know nuclear weapons are really dangerous. the question in fact is: how do you know nuclear weapons are dangerous, just because they are in hands of iran? you got nuclear weapons too, and that also makes the US dangerous?

however, a good point is that iran is governed by hamas.
johnnypotsmoker69 wrote:
johnnypotsmoker69 wrote:Kim Jong Il is assuming arguments from a position of weakness....N. Korea is a destitute country that is only kept alive by a lifeline from China. Furthermore, China isn't going to be too keen on Kim Jong Il firing a missile, since this would invite nuclear war right in their backyard. (Which would probably interfere with the economic expansion....just a wee bit.)

cien_bolas wrote:Some stupid stuff about Venezuela, that has no meaning and probably not a real thought out argument.

your opinion about my statement just shows me you are really an ignorant in how the world moves on.

didn't you know the US blocked venezuela's business with russia so they could not get a stronger army?

attE: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

Memphis Mafia

Post by Memphis Mafia » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:41 am

northwestrocker wrote:
Memphis Mafia wrote:sarcasm!
ah okay. sorry, but it's hard to tell these days considering the number of idiots we have in this country who would say something like that.
haha it's fine, i kinda thought it might be taken seriously

johnnypotsmoker69

Post by johnnypotsmoker69 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:18 am

cien_bolas wrote:it seems like you haven't heard the news. Several countries were against iran participating in the world cup because their "plans" on improving in the nuclear matter.

Yes I knew about that, but did Iran play, YES. One of the German ministers said that he didn't want the Iranian President to come to Germany but he would allow them because this wasn't about politics.
cien_bolas wrote:i know nuclear weapons are really dangerous. the question in fact is: how do you know nuclear weapons are dangerous, just because they are in hands of iran? you got nuclear weapons too, and that also makes the US dangerous?

Yes it does, like I said Nuclear Weapons have the power to destabilize to countries and destroy countries. I am not arguing with that, the US government are hypocrites by allowing India to have nuclear weapons but not Iran. It should be the same across the board.
cien_bolas wrote:however, a good point is that iran is governed by hamas.

This is a mute point, look Iran won't do anything. They are a bunch of bluffers, there will be a lot of foreign investment for oil and natural gas, from China and India. So they won't do anything to scare away foreign investment. It is basic global investment and global business. Especially with all the problems in Nigeria right now/

cien_bolas wrote:your opinion about my statement just shows me you are really an ignorant in how the world moves on.

didn't you know the US blocked venezuela's business with russia so they could not get a stronger army?

That statement, because hmm let me see why did Venezuela go to Russia for business because hmm lets see Because the US wouldn't sell them any more parts for their AMERICAN made F-16s

How hypocritical is that. The only reason Venezuela went to Russia, is because the US stopped selling them military technology. Did we try to block the deal yes, but did we succeed.

NO

Cien, you yourself make it sound like the US is evil and trying to destroy countries, but you forget that our economies are linked together. That all of Latin America and the US have new enemies ie China and India.

Lets see from another article *cough cough*
A January 2006 poll indicated that 46 percent of Venezuelans held an unfavorable view of Bush, though Leon pointed out that Bush fares about the same or even worse in U.S. opinion polls. Some experts believe Chavez's anti-American rhetoric is aimed more at boosting his popularity outside Venezuela than in winning the hearts and minds of his compatriots.

"Venezuela is a country whose principal relations, whose principal markets, where people go to study, is the United States," said Ana Maria Sanjuan, a sociologist at the Central University of Venezuela.

"In Venezuela, there doesn't exist an objective reason for anti-imperialism like Cubans have because of the embargo," she said.

Even Venezuelans who participated last month in war games to prepare for an invasion said they don't believe U.S. Marines will land here anytime soon.

"Our countries are friends," said Henry Avila, 36, a fisherman who was helping transport weapons to counter an imaginary occupation force. "At no point are they going to invade."

Still, with bilateral relations at a nadir, Venezuelan and U.S. officials are currying favor in each other's countries through direct assistance.

While Chavez has given discounted heating fuel to low-income residents in New York, Massachusetts and other states, U.S. Ambassador Brownfield spent one morning last month donating 17 desktop computers to a youth center in La Vega, a hillside slum in Caracas.

There, Brownfield received a warm greeting--a marked contrast with the April incident when his car was egged.

"This donation is very, very important," said Maria Flores, a Catholic nun who is the center's director. "An enemy wouldn't help us in this manner."

*cough cough* gosh Venezuela really hates us *cough cough*

God I gotta clear my throat.
"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

H&H Fantasy Football '06 1-2