Wii!

Talk amongst yourselves.
worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:47 am

bob4775 wrote:It like it.. pretty cool. The name just bugs me a little though.
The Revolution was a better name.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:59 am

worldofnoise wrote:
bob4775 wrote:It like it.. pretty cool. The name just bugs me a little though.
The Revolution was a better name.
totally
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

raine

Post by raine » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:25 pm

So childish.

Stick Man

Post by Stick Man » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:07 am

I understand the name change from Revolution to Wii, but they could've picked something that couldn't be used as a sexual innuendo.

Wii is simple and every language can say it relatively easily.
In the game of chess you can never let an adversary see your pieces.

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:23 pm

Anyone else looking forward to Metroid Prime 3?

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:38 am

Sea Change wrote:Anyone else looking forward to Metroid Prime 3?
I never really got into the Metroid games. Probably mostly due to the fact that I didn't own a gamecube. I borrowed the first one and played it for about 15 minutes on my Wii a few weeks back, seemed like it could've been alright. If it gets good reviews I'll definitely give this new one a look.

The games I'm keeping an eye on at the moment:
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (The Wii is perfect for golf games)
- Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
- Manhunt 2
- Super Mario Galaxy (simply because all mario games are usually good)

I also really want to play Super Monkey Ball. I know it's out, but I can't really afford to buy it if it turns out it's not good, and no rental stores out here have Wii games yet
:x
I have given up on the sparkle that I saw in you.

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:27 am

Mark wrote:Super Mario Galaxy (simply because all mario games are usually good)
This will definitely be a blockbuster. If I could only pick up 3 titles for '07...it would be Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Anyone care to swap Wii Numbers?

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:27 am

Sea Change wrote:
This will definitely be a blockbuster. If I could only pick up 3 titles for '07...it would be Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I'm a bit iffy on smash bros. I read that it doesn't even use the wii remote. If that's true it will pretty much wind up being the same as its previous installments I'd think.

I don't have wireless internet so I can't use my Wii online :x . One day though, hopefully...

Out of interest Sea Change, which Wii games do you have? What do you think of them? I only have Zelda and Wii Sports, but I've played quite a lot of Rayman and played a little bit of Red Steel.
I have given up on the sparkle that I saw in you.

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Mark wrote:
Sea Change wrote:

I'm a bit iffy on smash bros. I read that it doesn't even use the wii remote. If that's true it will pretty much wind up being the same as its previous installments I'd think.

I don't have wireless internet so I can't use my Wii online :x . One day though, hopefully...

Out of interest Sea Change, which Wii games do you have? What do you think of them? I only have Zelda and Wii Sports, but I've played quite a lot of Rayman and played a little bit of Red Steel.

Sakurai, the lead developer behind SSBB, has hinted that it will use the GCN controller. He stated to "not throw them away." This could mean one of two things for it's control scheme....that it exclusively uses the GCN controller, or that it gives you the option to use either the GCN controller, or the Wii Remote. Most people subscribe to the latter theory, including myself.

Even if it does have the same control scheme, there will be plenty of improvements over the previous installments....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Play

More Playable Characters

More Costumes for the characters (hopefully this time costumes from each characters respective title)

More arenas

More trophies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This are just my predictions, honestly I think we'll see a few new game modes, and a more fleshed out, lengthy, and enjoyable single player experience this time around.

Personally, I only have Wii Sports and Rayman: Raving Rabbids. I've had a chance to play Elebits, Zelda, Trauma Center, and Red Steel though.

I was majorly let down with Metroid Prime 3 being delayed, and since I still haven't beaten the earlier Zelda's, it made no sense to dive in now with Twilight Princess. So that left me with Rayman as a launch title. I was very pleased with it. Definitely pick that up.

Elebits was very fun and quirky. I enjoyed it alot. It also has a seldom known about online mode, in which you can trade levels you've designed.

Zelda was......well, no words really. Really amazing. I think Nintendo might have done the impossible....by besting Ocarina Of Time.

Red Steel was very fun, once you get over the fact that despite the developer's claims, the controls aren't perfect. The critical lashing it got in reviews was not deserved. Not perfect, but fun. It's a rental...

Trauma Center was fun also. It's a port of the DS original, with a few extras and beefed up graphics. I think the thing I liked about it the most was that you "pinch" with the A and B buttons, which simulates very well pinching tweezers.

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:31 pm

i'm up for swapping some wii friend codes, but is online play ready yet?

EDIT: By the way if anyone hasnt checked out the internet channel, you are missing out because it is awesome!

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:48 pm

No online play yet. Nintendo is working on it, however. One game right now, Elebits, has a feature where you can trade the levels you can design. Right now, it's just swapping messages and Mii's.

I love the internet channel, personally. If my girlfriend's on the computer, or I'm just too lazy to turn it on, it's a great alternative. It's not a replacement for the computer, but it's nice all the same. We'll get the final version of the Opera Browser in either March or May.

Here's my Wii Number, if anyone adds me, drop me a line with yours!

0549 6666 0623 8560

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:59 pm

1 yr to the day later and Wii is still sold out.... everywhere.

Finally decieded to get 1.

I have called every bestbuy, walmart, and gamestop around me and no one has a wii and no one knows when more will come in and they all say that when they do get some they are gone within a few hours. wtf

how is it like this a year later?? I can go buy a 360 or a PS3 anywhere... but not wii. :(
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:12 am

And Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game ever.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Mine has been turned on only a handful of times since the novelty wore off about two weeks into owning it. I own more games than the average Wii owner, and yet i still don't play the thing. As for the "sold out" status, of course it's sold out if Nintendo continues to limit production to keep demand artificially high.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:17 am

never done the black friday thing before but my wife and I really wanted a f'in Wii already so we waited outside gamestop from 3:30am to 7:00am in a 20 degree snow storm and then as soon as we got it I had to leave for work so here I am taping my eyes open and injecting caffine into my blood stream for the next 8 hours while thinking about how there is a Wii at home waiting for me.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis