governator

Talk amongst yourselves.
Copper

Post by Copper » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:48 pm

Amanda wrote:
Matty wrote:I think the whole election would be worth it if Arnold would fly himself to the Mid-East to fight terrorism, action-movie style.

I'd watch that movie.
Haha! Definately. :lol:

I got in a fight with my boyfriend about this recently and he made a few good points. I guess I just wanna give him a fair chance to do it right. The only thing that really bothers me is his whole womanizing personality. It's not right to show Americans that kind of conduct is okay (which is effectively what has been done). But, I guess if it's what the people of Cali want...
Well that's just silly. Serial gropers have accomplished many things and helped make this country what it is today. If George Washington hadn't groped Ben Franklin, would we be such a great nation? No. If John Adams hadn't put such a hurting grope on Hitler during World War 1, would this still be a free world? Certainly not.

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:01 am

WTF

File under 'gong show.' I'll sleep well knowing that the world's fifth largest economy is sailing gently into that good night with a monosyllabic roid-monkey as it's steersman. All Californians are privy to the whims of Conan thanks to a small plurality of the obscenely idiotic.

Still, at least the Nazi stuff was funny.

Arnie for President!

I'd quite like to see Arnie become President. A racist, chauvenist, money-grubbing dictator who likes to blow things up and was in Running Man, is still preferable to a racist, chauvenist, money-grubbing dictator who likes to blow things up and was an alcoholic redneck.

America has had cartoon politics since Bush stole power, Arnie's installation shouldn't come as a surprise. He's just a bit more entertaining, a more vital source for gags and puns. Hurrah.

Sadly the system has been set up to stop Arnie from ever being President. Still, screw the system, overthrow it, and elect the terminator nazi sexist bastard that he is

I can't wait for Arnie's next film:

"GOVERNOR": one man's struggle against the odds to submit a budget that closes deficit and restructures inherited debt!

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:10 am

I would have voted for Gary Coleman or the pr0n.

Oh well.
"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me"

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:40 am

Weird_Inside wrote:I would have voted for Gary Coleman or the pr0n.

Oh well.
I'm just bitter that Arnie beat Gary Coleman:

craig lover

Post by craig lover » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:49 am

Storm wrote:I'm reserving judgement.
After all,he can't possibly be worse than Little Shrub over in the White House.....
I concur! I still believe Gore should have won.

btw, are you same Storm I've heard from Craig? You sound like an awesome person. :wink:
Superstars in Sin City: A Tribute to Craig Montoya and Keanu Reeves
Ditz, klutzy, and blonde- sounds a lot like me!

heartspark4ec

Post by heartspark4ec » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:25 pm

for those of you old skool H&Vers, I was talking to everbexy (who's in cali right now) and he seems quite disappointed. So I had to laugh at him for a bit. Cause for once, Iowa has more pride than California.
~*Melissa*~

I wish I could be like all my heros, I wish I could be like all yours too...

Heroin_Girl

Post by Heroin_Girl » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:36 pm

i missed the registration deadline by two days, but if i had the chance to vote, i would have definitely voted for arnold. His views on many issues are really good and although he's the republican candidate, his only real "republican" views are on the monetary policies, which i agree with anyway. For all other issues, his stance is essentially democratic. He may not have experience, but Gray Davis had experience and look where that got us. Even without past political experience, he has a good team of advisors and say what you want about puppet political figures but no president, governer, whatever would be anywhere without their advisors. so go ah-nold and WORK IT, CALI! :P

~Nancy, Californian to the core :P
Lets go watch some dirty movies

"This one goes out to the University of Texas" ~Art

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:36 pm

Heroin_Girl wrote:. so go ah-nold and WORK IT, CALI! :P
Amen sista.
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:28 pm

Heroin_Girl wrote:i missed the registration deadline by two days, but if i had the chance to vote, i would have definitely voted for arnold. His views on many issues are really good and although he's the republican candidate, his only real "republican" views are on the monetary policies, which i agree with anyway. For all other issues, his stance is essentially democratic. He may not have experience, but Gray Davis had experience and look where that got us. Even without past political experience, he has a good team of advisors and say what you want about puppet political figures but no president, governer, whatever would be anywhere without their advisors. so go ah-nold and WORK IT, CALI! :P

~Nancy, Californian to the core :P
Actually, the politiicians with experience are the ones to worry about. They think they're smart enough to know everything there is to know and tend to really get us in trouble. Look at Kennedy and the Bay of Pigs/Cuban Missile Crisis...two really, really bad ideas that he and his tight clique of advisors thought they could pull off without consequences. That almost led us into WWIII, since we learned later that the Russians had functional missiles in place and authority to use them with the local commanders. If they had gone with the airstrikes and invasion, southern Florida might be glowing.

I think people have gotten too caught up in the political labels of Republican and Democrat. It's not as if they apply across the country in the same fashion. A Republican in New York or California may be more like a Democrat in Kansas or Oklahoma when it comes to social issues, simply because the political system is skewed towards the Democratic thought process. Arnold is just one person, just as Shrub is just one person. Their actual power is quite limited by the need to work with the legislative branch in their respective systems. As Jesse Ventura proved, the power of the executive means nothing if you can't build a consensus with the legislative branch. For the rest of the country, we can sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:53 pm

Damn well put Mike. :)
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:57 am

Quote of the week from The Onion;

"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"