Roll call

Talk amongst yourselves.
grady

Post by grady » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:13 pm

I didn't apply to Missouri, but I hear they do have a great program. UGA? I didn't think of them when I was compiling my list last year. The school who's program I really love is Syracuse, so if I can get in there, then that will most likely be where I end up. I'll give you the list of the schools I applied to, which is too many in my opinion, but I'm really indecisive. I got into: Hofstra, Fordham, Loyola in Maryland, University of Maryland, I got alternate campuses at Penn State, and I'm not really digging living in Altoona for a year, so thats not happening. And I'm waiting for Richmond, Boston U, Syracuse, Northwestern, and Notre Dame. The last two will most likely be rejections, but that's fine by me. I'll let you know if I need to talk to your friend in a couple weeks when I know what my options are. Thanks for offering that.
DON'T FAKE THE FUNK

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Extreme coolness! UGA's School of Journalism is considered one of the best in the country -- probably second only to Missouri -- so you might want to check it out...the Peabody Awards for excellence in journalism originate from UGA's S.O.J. (the weather is considerably nicer than what you'd experience up there, as well! Awesome college town, one hour away from Atlanta, and a totally happenin' music scene...can't go wrong!)

All I know about Syracuse is 1) they are the Orangemen, 2) my husband grew up in Syracuse (Camellus [ not sure about spelling], specifically), and 3) there is this really cool outdoor skating park downtown, where we took our girls over Christmas break.

I've got a ton of friends who went to Hofstra and loved it...all in all, it looks like you covered your bases very well! GOOD LUCK, and let us know where you end up!!!
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

grady

Post by grady » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:41 pm

Hey it was 75 degrees up here today, it was 30 and it snowed last week, but who's counting? That's funny that your friends all love Hofstra because I do not hear many good things about it. I think they have struggled lately, I read somewhere that 25% of freshman leave. Those two other schools are probably on the same thing that Syracuse and Maryland are on, I know Missouri is. They are part of this group of schools that are acredited for journalism, and they need to go through an evaluation every few years. I'm pretty stupid for wanting to go to Syracuse, the winter up there is considerably worse than sunny Philadelphia
DON'T FAKE THE FUNK

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:57 am

grady wrote:Hey it was 75 degrees up here today, it was 30 and it snowed last week, but who's counting? That's funny that your friends all love Hofstra because I do not hear many good things about it. I think they have struggled lately, I read somewhere that 25% of freshman leave. Those two other schools are probably on the same thing that Syracuse and Maryland are on, I know Missouri is. They are part of this group of schools that are acredited for journalism, and they need to go through an evaluation every few years. I'm pretty stupid for wanting to go to Syracuse, the winter up there is considerably worse than sunny Philadelphia
Well, it's true that the people I know who went to Hofstra graduated, like, a zillion years ago....I'd say the youngest guy out of the bunch is around 33 or 34...so things may have changed since Ye Olde, Goode Days of Hofstrae. It's funny -- I forgot to ask you about probably the best S.O.J. in the country -- Columbia...you didn't consider applying there?

[ EDIT: and SPEAKING of Columbia...this is great -- found the heads-up about it from http://www.gawker.com:
http://www.cjr.org/issues/2007/2/Love.asp ]

(meanwhile, the rest of you can continue with the Roll Call....) :)

Hey, still no Vaughan???? WTF is he?! Likely fondling some small, furry creature, no doubt....

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:16 am

stupid happy wrote:Hey, still no Vaughan???? WTF is he?! Likely fondling some small, furry creature, no doubt....
I've moved on to fondling large, furry creatures. The risks are greater, but ultimately it's more satisfying. It's all about protuberance with me.

Anyway, um, bio, err...

I suspect that I have achieved very little since I last cluttered up this green and grey corner of the interweb, although I have, not ten minutes ago, successfully won a space hopper race with only the minimum of thigh chafeage. Other than that I've spent the last few months wandering through the wasteland of popular culture scavenging for pop detritus to feed my palsied brain.

I've no idea when I joined. I am one of the H&H doyens though with a legacy of studied nonsense. I spent most of this site's infancy writing verbose gubbins while everyone else was tucked up in bed on the wrong side of the Atlantic. It was fun. Kinda don't care about Everclear anymore though, which is a bit of shame.

That's about it then. I'm off to buy my dear mummy a mother's day present now, although I'll probably return with only the new Herman Dune record and a repressed sense of impending guilt.

Pip pip, pickles.
Mr Vaughan has spoken

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:58 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....

balance in the universe has been restored.

Duncan, I'll be in your neighborhood this summer. Perhaps my redheaded man and i can meet up with your own red head and your Gnu (are they furry?) at some drinkstation where we can all consume overwhelming amounts of Scrumpy Jack and lament the Salad Days when we weren't as bored with the Universe.

we miss you, vaughan. and like Barack Obama, we need you.

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:11 am

You're coming all the way to England just to see me? I can admire that. In that case, I'll happy stand you an ale for your troubles.
I have to warn you though, that much condensed gingerness could cause a problem, especially since I now have plumage of life-threateningly ample proportions. I could maybe drag my girlfriend along just to dilute things a bit. Then we can mock her for being impure and different.
And no, unfortunately the gnu is not one of nature's more snuggle-friendly beasts. I have an alpaca that enjoys a good rubbing though.

Last edited by Mr Vaughan on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Vaughan has spoken

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:30 am

FABULOUS! wtf is that creature, though? ah, upon closer inspection, i see that you have identified it as an alpaca. isn't that what tina, the big fat lard in "Napoleon Dynamite" was? it looks like a hairy giant rat. i think i saw one of these recently in a midtown Manhattan diner. does it pillage for tacos? i love beasts in scarves, though. clearly, this is a high-end rodent. i congratulate you on your petting pal, dunc! well done.

i will contact you via PM and give you all the fun details of the honeymoon plans for the newlyweds, and their expected arrival dates in the UK. bring your girlfriend, and anyone else whom will be easy fodder for us to mock.

and, as is my custom, i shall smuggle in the penguin.

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:58 pm

Some some kind of fuzzy llama alpaca sheep thing, I'm not entirely sure. I just like its face. It's clearly very pleased with itself. Perhaps it stole the scarf from a blind, cold, long-necked orphan boy, but the slow-witted donkey got blamed for it.
Anyway, for an educational song, clicky here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08BRy0MoIA8&eurl=
Mr Vaughan has spoken

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:26 pm

christ almighty...i had no idea the orange slayed the rake. oh, vaughan...why do these senseless things happen?

tell the truth...when you saw the furry llama, did you want to take it home?

yes, the alpaca does look very pleased with himself. what's most jarring about the photo, though, is the fact that its eye lashes are far longer than mine.

meh....

grady

Post by grady » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:34 am

Just an update for sh or anyone else who actually cares
I've got it down to two choices, University of Maryland, and University of Richmond
30,000 students or 3,000, I was told not to make too many comparisons between the two. I really like Maryland though, and I'm about 80% sure that's where I'll be headed.
DON'T FAKE THE FUNK

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:29 pm

grady wrote:Just an update for sh or anyone else who actually cares
I've got it down to two choices, University of Maryland, and University of Richmond
30,000 students or 3,000, I was told not to make too many comparisons between the two. I really like Maryland though, and I'm about 80% sure that's where I'll be headed.
wow, good for you, Grady! welcome to the ACC, if you so choose....richmond is an interesting choice, too -- what do you like about it?

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Mr Vaughan wrote:
stupid happy wrote:Hey, still no Vaughan???? WTF is he?! Likely fondling some small, furry creature, no doubt....
I've moved on to fondling large, furry creatures. The risks are greater, but ultimately it's more satisfying. It's all about protuberance with me.

Anyway, um, bio, err...

I suspect that I have achieved very little since I last cluttered up this green and grey corner of the interweb, although I have, not ten minutes ago, successfully won a space hopper race with only the minimum of thigh chafeage. Other than that I've spent the last few months wandering through the wasteland of popular culture scavenging for pop detritus to feed my palsied brain.

I've no idea when I joined. I am one of the H&H doyens though with a legacy of studied nonsense. I spent most of this site's infancy writing verbose gubbins while everyone else was tucked up in bed on the wrong side of the Atlantic. It was fun. Kinda don't care about Everclear anymore though, which is a bit of shame.

That's about it then. I'm off to buy my dear mummy a mother's day present now, although I'll probably return with only the new Herman Dune record and a repressed sense of impending guilt.

Pip pip, pickles.

Haha, you are such a weird guy. Seriously though, who talks like that?

EDIT: I bet its even funnier in a Brittish accent!

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:28 am

Pseudo intellectual board lurker, waiting for the perfect time to let his verbal dominance reign supreme.
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

grady

Post by grady » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:28 am

stupid happy wrote:
grady wrote:Just an update for sh or anyone else who actually cares
wow, good for you, Grady! welcome to the ACC, if you so choose....richmond is an interesting choice, too -- what do you like about it?
Well the one thing that I can tell you really is driving me away from it, is that it is not diverse at all.
On the other hand I really like it because they have shown me already that they really care about their students. They've sent me a lot of mail, and none of it was the normal garbage that I was getting from other places. It is a little too small for me, but I think if I want to go there then I can get adjusted to it. They really are dedicated to building a strong community among students and faculty too which I was really impressed by.
But unless I see something horribly wrong with Md. on friday, or something great in Richmond that I hadn't seen before, then I believe I will be a Terrapin come August.

Edit-Maryland it is
DON'T FAKE THE FUNK