hi

Talk amongst yourselves.
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:49 am

Don't even get me started on loans and debt, Matt. I got a shitload to pay off in six months after graduation, and I intend on moving out of my parents' place after wrapping up my summer job in September. The problem is getting a real job that pays well, and my neck of the woods is in bad shape.

That being said, you should see my pool. Practically a water park!
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:40 am

An awesome bit about sticking to one school for graduate stuff is you can pull strings... I may be able to teach intro to psych and first year stuff while schooling.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:45 pm

Matt... Teaching...

I think I see Jesus right now because the world is definitely coming to an end. :shock:

Then again, he might be teaching intro to psych, so... The worst thing that could happen is Hell freezing over, which I have no problem with. :lol:

Seriously, man, good luck.
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:28 am

i felt really good when i saw 4 different topics posted recently, this included.

it was long time since i saw that quantity of posts.

:D

attE: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:08 pm

HEY! Hey! Hey. hey... hey...hey......hey...
I'd be a decent teacher, spending my days backhanding ignorance. Ugh, I had to take some intro courses to catch up on some credits and the professor made a reference to Pinball Wizard. I was one of 3 people in the class who knew who The Who was. Kids today, you can't live with em' and you can't kill em'.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:01 am

And if you are caught discipling your students with a paddle in your hand, it is considered as cruel and unusual punishment these days. You would never believe how many times I wanted to smack children upside the head for behaving badly in stores, but I couldn't because I'm not their parent (thank God). Mind you, if I acted up when I was their age, my dad would have a field day. All it took was one smack and that was the end of it. Now that is discipline. And it used to be like that in schools... Now the corporations are wondering why kids misbehave these days. Hmm, I wonder why... :roll:

Between that and my opinion on the whole No Child Left Behind Act, I would never survive as a teacher... One of the many reasons why I dropped my original major. I could be a substitute, but my hands would be tied and I would have no control over a class that would not be officially mine unless I can teach the subject and I have a lesson plan. And that is a big "unless."
~Elizabeth

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:18 am

Erm, I'd be teaching 18 year old college freshmen. Granted, many could probably still use a good backhand.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:34 am

Yeah, they'll be needing something to straighten them up, but at the college level, would that be considered as "battery" or "assult," given the fact that they are adults?

And I was going to be teaching high schoolers... Glad I got out of it while I still had the chance.
~Elizabeth

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:46 am

Seems schools are going downhill faster than the rest of the country. So yes, kudos for getting out before you were stuck with them forever.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:06 am

Thank you, Matt. I'm sure teaching college freshmen is going to be interesting with you as their instructor.
~Elizabeth

the_laughing_world

Post by the_laughing_world » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:57 am

good luck with teaching psych matt!

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:37 am

well, don't worry kids because this won't be for at least 2 years yet. Stupid me switching majors...