so apparently im a mom now

Talk amongst yourselves.
the_laughing_world

so apparently im a mom now

Post by the_laughing_world » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:26 am

i have not been around to our little community here in quite a while :? and haven't really been keeping up with people here (cept for liz) lately. but ive got some crazy big news. im the mom of a baby boy named hayden!

due to birth control that messed up my body more than it actually did any use (found out later it got recalled...grr...), i did not find out i was pregnant until the middle of october. went to my ob-gyn and he said that i was 7 months pregnant! ok ok...now you ask yourself 'silly alyssa...how did you not know til so late? dont people usually show fairly well by then? and wouldn't you stop having those *times of the month*?' while this is true, i only had a tiny bit of pudge and was still having those female monthly thingies. hence the meds messing me up. when i gave birth i looked only about 4 months along.

now if that was not enough to find out so late, hayden was 2 weeks early! i went into the ob-gyn on dec. 4th in the afternoon, something wasn't right so they sent me to the hospital to have an ultra sound done. apparently i had almost completely run out of amneonic (sp?) fluid and a few other things weren't right. so the best thing to do was to induce me and have hayden be born on dec 5th. in the middle of dead week at school i must add lol. his the original due date was the 18th but was thought to be born closer to christmas. . when he was born he was 18.5 inches "tall" and weighed 5 lbs 4 oz. who has a full head of red hair!

i think its just now sinking in that im a mom now. its flippin crazy. for the past month the whole idea of being a parent has been numb in my mind until around christmas when i kept opening boxes with little tiny clothes in them. for years now ive been saying that i wont have children until im well off financially and married. but things dont happen like that. life gets in the way. its going to take a lot of work and definatly wasn't something i was prepared to do until atleast 5 years from now but, hey, i figure everything happens for a reason. but overall i figure im lucky how things turned out. he is a lot healthier than the docs thought he would be, my bf is being overly supportive and not leaving like a jerk and ive got full support behind me from family and friends. life is good.

i just had to share that with ya'll :D

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:38 am

And Hayden is just as cute as his parents! :P

I'll say it again - CONGRATS!!! ^.^
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Congrats! That's such a crazy story, definitely more interesting than any other "I'm pregnant" story I've ever heard. Well, best wishes to you and Hayden, happy new year!
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:29 pm

I think I speak for Duncan, Ginger, Eric, ChrisB and a whole host of other fine human beings on this site when i say that what the world needs most is another fabulous redhead...congratulations -- and welcome to the Mommy Club! :D
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

EVERGIRL94

Post by EVERGIRL94 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Congrats!! And keep in mind life does these crazy things for a reason, so when your up all night before a big test, or trying to find extra cash for diapers, remember there is a reason, lol! You will on days wonder how you will get through it but you will. I am still amazed everyday that I have managed to raise a wonderful son for 14 years!
You make me hate what I see, when I see me.

If everything has been said and done, then why is nothing resolved or solved?