Heath Ledger dead at 28

Talk amongst yourselves.
Jimmybinder

Heath Ledger dead at 28

Post by Jimmybinder » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Not to be a downer for bringing this up, but I was pretty shocked when I heard the news a coule days ago.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:47 pm

me too...so sad, and ironically, he died two days after me and my husband rented "Monster's Ball." i made his death the subject of my column next week -- about how the Associated Press has already made up Britney Spears' obit and will likely keep ones for Amy Winehouse and Lindsay Lohan and Nick Nolte on the shelf for use one day soon, but nobody saw the Ledger death coming....
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:58 am

I dropped an editorial in to Time because I was simply appalled at the coverage it was getting. Not because it was plastered everywhere, but because of how they failed at real news, and made sure to gossip as much as possible. When CNN had up the "Died at Mary-Kate Olsen's Home" up, i let it slide because while they should have checked their sources, they were sort of crunched on time. When they posted an article on Time about how he was a "Troubled actor, weeping over the loss of his ex, and self loathing" I wanted to punch somebody in the face. Finally, when I checked CNN later that night and they had the "Click here to see Ledger's body carried out" I couldn't stand how disrespectful it was, and sapped the last bit of respect I had for the news station.
Anybody who would google his name would find several interviews saying how he developed insomnia during the filming of Dark Knight. Put that with the bottle of sleeping pills found near him and the lack of any note and a first grade drop out could place the pieces together to see it was accidental. His body wasn't found clasping a prescription bottle, surrounded by sleeping pills. I maintain it was an accidental death, not the suicide portrait the media painted.
I'll be sticking to BBC again for a while, as opposed to CNN, Time, and Faux news.

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 am

I dropped an editorial in to Time because I was simply appalled at the coverage it was getting. Not because it was plastered everywhere, but because of how they failed at real news, and made sure to gossip as much as possible. When CNN had up the "Died at Mary-Kate Olsen's Home" up, i let it slide because while they should have checked their sources, they were sort of crunched on time. When they posted an article on Time about how he was a "Troubled actor, weeping over the loss of his ex, and self loathing" I wanted to punch somebody in the face. Finally, when I checked CNN later that night and they had the "Click here to see Ledger's body carried out" I couldn't stand how disrespectful it was, and sapped the last bit of respect I had for the news station.
Anybody who would google his name would find several interviews saying how he developed insomnia during the filming of Dark Knight. Put that with the bottle of sleeping pills found near him and the lack of any note and a first grade drop out could place the pieces together to see it was accidental. His body wasn't found clasping a prescription bottle, surrounded by sleeping pills. I maintain it was an accidental death, not the suicide portrait the media painted.
I'll be sticking to BBC again for a while, as opposed to CNN, Time, and Faux news.
/tangent
/rant
It is sad though, Heath was an amazing actor, and his death was so out of the blue it still has a surreal feel to it.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:29 pm

LoserFreak wrote:I'll be sticking to BBC again for a while, as opposed to CNN, Time, and Faux news.
The Beeb wasn't much better, and The Guardian was also carrying the same TMZ.com stories on its Web sites as CNN, et. al, were running here. it was a clusterfuck to be "the first with the scoop," as is often the case with breaking news, and nobody -- not even the UK channels and papers -- likes to get beat on a story they know will drive people like you and me to their stations and/or Web sites.

And to your point about being an accident, i agree. I wonder if it was an overdose at all -- how much you wanna bet it was something freakish, like an enlarged heart or anyuerism, or something?

I really, REALLY liked him. He was so good in "Monster's Ball" and "Brokeback Mountain." Sigh.
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

Jimmybinder

Post by Jimmybinder » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:00 pm

I tend to stick to BBC because they usually maintain a sense of neutrality, however I'm not sure what their angle was in this case because I didn't dig too deep into the details of the event. Just finding out he was dead was enough,

I concur with this having a surrealistic feel.