Happy Birthday TheGoodWitchoftheNorth!

Talk amongst yourselves.
ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:36 am

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:I'm stuck in a wonderful rut and I have no idea what I want to do with my life.
Welcome to the true beginning of adulthood!
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 am

Yup. I'm now just waiting for that first college loan. XD
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:43 am

ekeown wrote:
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:I'm stuck in a wonderful rut and I have no idea what I want to do with my life.
Welcome to the true beginning of adulthood!
Ha, how true. I still wonder, somedays, what the hell I'm doing.
And where the hell did all the years go ? :shock: :)
I f**king love this band.
And anyone that doesn't is, quite frankly, a c*nt. - Ginger / The Wildhearts

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:02 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Well, don't worry about the bars, man. My crew and I went to Scotty's, and I had 3 frozen sangrias. Still wasn't buzzed by 11:00. And, no, I did not take Chemistry. I only took Astronomy and Geography 101 instead (I hate Chemistry).

Right now, my choice of career is undecided. My major is Spanish, but after dealing with the department and the professors for so long, I came to hate it. I can't teach something about Spanish other than the language (lack of cultural knowledge and the fact that I did not study abroad) and my translating skills are not proficient enough in regards to oral conversation (stupid proficiency exam). As for the minor, it's in Religious Studies, NOT Theology. And if you know anything about my minor, you probably know that jobs in that field are scarce.

I would have gone with a degree in Studio Art, but Ball State's art department is rather strict when it comes to departmental applications. And I don't have much of a portfolio either. :(

So, unfortunately, I'm stuck in a wonderful rut and I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I want to move out for good, but my family is begging me to stay home for a while and work somewhere closeby. Nope. Not for me. I would rather live in Indy than up north for another five years.
Indy is so much fun, I love it and want to live the rest of my life here, I mean it's not the world's best but compared to anything else in Indiana...The night life is so much better even on the worst night then the best night in Funcie. I was just wondering if you had my dad as a professor but seeing how you didn't take Chemistry you got off the hook. Just enjoy life and the little bit of college you have left, it is the best years of your life. Keep me posted if you end up in Indy at any point.

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:29 pm

happy belated birthday!
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

EVERGIRL94

Post by EVERGIRL94 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Happy very belated birhtday! Enjoy your youth next time you blink you'll be 30 lol.
You make me hate what I see, when I see me.

If everything has been said and done, then why is nothing resolved or solved?