Unusual Night

Talk amongst yourselves.
Silver Ginger

Unusual Night

Post by Silver Ginger » Thu May 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi all,
I've just got home from a unusual and slightly surreal night out (for me anyway).
Due to a very long, and boring reason, I ended up going to see an Elvis tribute act tonight :shock: and surprisingly enough I loved it !! The guy actually sounded like him, and looked good, not like some sad, fat parody.
I was even crooning along like a complete twat by the end!!
And the best part was, I was the youngest member of the audience. Yay :lol: !!!

What have the rest of you folks been up to? It's been dead around here the last few weeks.
I f**king love this band.
And anyone that doesn't is, quite frankly, a c*nt. - Ginger / The Wildhearts

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Thu May 29, 2008 6:16 pm

finals.. ugh

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu May 29, 2008 9:36 pm

Work... And today I got a new job tacked onto my experience regarding to taffy strip making. Now I know how the boss feels after bending over three big batches of taffy and cutting up over 100 pieces per batch! XD
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Fri May 30, 2008 3:50 am

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Work... And today I got a new job tacked onto my experience regarding to taffy strip making. Now I know how the boss feels after bending over three big batches of taffy and cutting up over 100 pieces per batch! XD
Taffy = toffee ?

Taffy (or Taff) over here is a nickname for a Welsh person, and I know that's not what you meant!! :wink:

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Fri May 30, 2008 8:45 am

Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

stupid happy

Re: Unusual Night

Post by stupid happy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:29 am

Silver Ginger wrote:What have the rest of you folks been up to? It's been dead around here the last few weeks.
that's because this prolific crack-smoking cougar nun was vacationing on St. George Island, Fla. :lol: :lol:

elvis is the zenith, the nexus and the Cradle of Rock and Roll Civilization. so much of his legacy has been turned into kitsch (although my favorite Braves game each year is the one where the Flying Elvises skydive into Turner Field), but he is, after all, still The King...i could totally imagine myself going to an Elvis impersonator's show! sounds like fun, ginger!

a couple of years ago, i went to see a band that had an UNBELIEVABLE Neil Diamond impersonator -- i couldn't get over how much fun that show was! i can't remember the name of the band at the moment, but it was something like the "Neil Diamond Experience," or whatever.... the lead singer even wore a cape. it was campy fun!
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:23 pm

stupid happy wrote: that's because this prolific crack-smoking cougar nun was vacationing on St. George Island, Fla. :lol: :lol:
I wondered where you were. :D Hope you had a great time.
The Elvis thing was great. Funny just how many of the songs I remembered from when I was really young. My sister was a huge fan, and used to force me to watch his films with her. I still remember when he died (i was only about 8 / 9yrs) and she was hysterical. I love to remind her !!!!

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:26 pm

i was at cheerleader camp (ugh) when this girl walked up, bawling her eyes out, saying "Elvis is dead! Elvis is dead!" and i was, like, "wow, that's sad," and i went on to perfect my back flips and herkeys. (given that you don't really have cheerleading over there, ging, i know that last word is going to throw you for a loop, but don't hurt your head too much over it...it's just a ridiculous cheerleader "move" that has since fallen by the wayside, thank God.) then i went home, and my parents -- who had "come of age" during the Skinny Young Elvis era of the early-mid 50's (and who were both from Tennessee, where Elvis got his big break) were both *incredibly* bummed...i think my mom even cried. i didn't really start digging his stuff until a while later, mainly because i started dating a guy who loved Elvis. i guess he really did change popular music -- i wonder what would be the modern day version...Bono? no. Springsteen? well, he *was* the future of Rock and Roll, according to Dave Marsh, back in '74 (and damned if he wasn't!)...but still -- nobody really has come close to changing the face of music more than he did. maybe hendrix or cobain might've come close...but again, no cigar.
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

oneschizoangel

Post by oneschizoangel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 am

a couple of years ago, i went to see a band that had an UNBELIEVABLE Neil Diamond impersonator -- i couldn't get over how much fun that show was! i can't remember the name of the band at the moment, but it was something like the "Neil Diamond Experience," or whatever.... the lead singer even wore a cape. it was campy fun![/quote]
ssssssssshhhh dont tell anyone im a closet neil diamond fan ha ha no seriously i do listen to the occasional Neil diamond song and sometimes i sing along as long as theres no one in listening distance!!
i dont wanna live forever i just wanna die a beautiful death!

myspace.com/angelwingrl