Live from New York... It's Saturday Night!

Talk amongst yourselves.
SparkleNFade

Live from New York... It's Saturday Night!

Post by SparkleNFade » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:46 pm

This is such a great show that I think it deserves it's own topic.

Did you guys see it last night? I had no idea Justin Timberlake was that funny. I mean, his music blows, IMO, but he seems like a really cool guy.

*Jade

BigMike

Re: Live from New York... It's Saturday Night!

Post by BigMike » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:45 pm

SparkleNFade wrote:This is such a great show that I think it deserves it's own topic.

Did you guys see it last night? I had no idea Justin Timberlake was that funny. I mean, his music blows, IMO, but he seems like a really cool guy.

*Jade
Last week, while hanging out with a friend, we tried to watch SNL since John Mayer was playing, but Jack Black was hosting and it was almost painful in terms of how bad and forced the whole show was. If you had seen the show in it's heyday, you'd know what a great show is, but the show, lately, has blown...

Matty

Post by Matty » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:04 pm

Last night's episode was good, yes.

It hasn't been as good as the old days over the past few seasons, but it's been getting steadily better, if you ask me.
Forgive me nothing.

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:54 am

I really can't even stand to watch that show anymore. I guess I started hating it once Jimmy Falon replaced Collin Quinn on weekend update. I wasn't too happy with Quinn there in the first place but that was just going from bad to worse.

BUT, I did hear good things about the 'Queer Eye for the Straight Girl' skit. Sounded funny - but it'll take awhile before I watch that turd again.
"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me"

twistinsider

Post by twistinsider » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:32 pm

I actually enjoyed the Jack Black show. I thought it was funny, which was suprising.
I strike a match, strike a match, cook it up

Katie

Post by Katie » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:55 pm

I like SNL. Sometimes it's really not very funny, but it can be pretty good sometimes. I'm not really a big Jimmy Fallon fan, but I really like him and Tina on Weekend Update. The new season has been pretty good so far, I think. I love Jack Black, so I'm probably biased, but I thought he did pretty good. And Justin Timberlake surprised the crap out of me. I don't really like him that much, but he actually did a good job, in my opinion. I loved his Ashton Kutcher (sp?) impression.. heh. And I always adore the Boston kids sketches, so I was psyched to see one of those this week. :D And I died laughing at the, "I will take you down like Zimmer" or whatever it was he said cuz of the game Saturday night. Hee. Maybe I'm just easy to please.

--Katie

heartspark4ec

fishie fishy

Post by heartspark4ec » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:17 pm

Ummm... I will stick with Starfish Productions. Practically the same junk, but a thousand times better.
~*Melissa*~

I wish I could be like all my heros, I wish I could be like all yours too...

Matty

Post by Matty » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:05 pm

Katie wrote: And I died laughing at the, "I will take you down like Zimmer" or whatever it was he said cuz of the game Saturday night. Hee.
"This lady didn't say it! She's a jinx! Lady, I will take you down like Zimmer."

That was awesome.
Forgive me nothing.

EVERGIRL94

Post by EVERGIRL94 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:34 am

I think that SNL is one of the best shows on the air. But I also think that it has seen much better days. I love when old cast members come back and host. I loved the years with David Spade, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, and Molly Shannon. Mary Catherine was one of the best characters, and I love the skit where Chris Farley tries out for the chippendale dancers! Any one else have any favorites?
:P
Donna
You make me hate what I see, when I see me.

If everything has been said and done, then why is nothing resolved or solved?

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:17 am

I gotta say, one of THE funiest skits ever done on that show was the Seinfeld goes to Oz skit. Maybe I'm a lil' biased cuz one of my other obsessions is Oz - but honestly, if you watched the show, you can really appreciate not only the humor that they portrayed - but also the attention to detail - even their prison numbers are correct. But then again, that was probably thanks to Mr. Seinfeld being such a fan of the show.

Others:
-Star Wars audtions (with Kevin Spacey as Walter Matheau (sp?) )
- ANY of David Spades Hollywood Minutes

I got more hooked on Mad TV though. SNL was okay - but Mad TV was where it was at for awhile with Nicold Sullivan and such. Good stuff.

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:48 am

Any of the Will Farrel/Harey Carey skits

Any Opera Man skits

Those old Dan Akroyd skits where he'd be advertising Halloween costumes or Christmas gifts

Chris Farley's chip n dales skit

Pretty much any SNL from about 1990 to 1998-99 (whenever Farley, Sandler, Spade and the rest of that awesome cast left) destroys any new SNL, with the exception of most of Will Farrel's skits, but I don't think he's even on the show anymore, is he? I kinda gave up on it after all those guys I listed left the show and the cast seemed to change about every other month. :roll: Still a legendary show though. :D
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

Weird_Inside

Post by Weird_Inside » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:38 pm

sdilley14 wrote:Any of the Will Farrel/Harey Carey skits
Those old Dan Akroyd skits where he'd be advertising Halloween costumes or Christmas gifts

Pretty much any SNL from about 1990 to 1998-99 (whenever Farley, Sandler, Spade and the rest of that awesome cast left) destroys any new SNL, with the exception of most of Will Farrel's skits, but I don't think he's even on the show anymore, is he? I kinda gave up on it after all those guys I listed left the show and the cast seemed to change about every other month. :roll: Still a legendary show though. :D
Ohhh man! I had almost forgotten about those! Those were SOO good!

And yes, I totally agree with you about the post-99 stuff.

I also REALLY hate Jimmy Falon. Like, say if Jimmy Falon and Hitler were in the middle of a deserted road... ;)

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:17 pm

Haha, I don;t mind Jimmy Falon much, especially when he's impersonating Enrique Iglasieus (yeah I prolly murdered that spelling), but Jimmy is no Norm Mcdonald, Kevin Nealon, or even Colin Quinn when it comes to the Weekend Update.
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

EVERGIRL94

Post by EVERGIRL94 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:50 pm

I think one of the best things about SNL is that this is where a lot of guys (girls too) get there start. You see them here before they really hit it big.
You make me hate what I see, when I see me.

If everything has been said and done, then why is nothing resolved or solved?

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:55 pm

EVERGIRL94 wrote:I think one of the best things about SNL is that this is where a lot of guys (girls too) get there start. You see them here before they really hit it big.
This is very true. We could prolly name 20 or 30 actors that pretty much started it all with SNL, but for some reason I just don't see it happening as much anymore. The show has just seemed to have lost a lot of luster and prestige, but that might just be my opinion because I haven't paid any attention to the show for the past 3 or so years.

By the way, good choice of avatar image and signature. :D