playoff picks...

Talk amongst yourselves.
Matty

Post by Matty » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:09 pm

Katie wrote:Let's just hope we get through tomorrow's game without players (or coaches) getting killed or maimed or something. :roll:
No kidding.

I worked from 4-8. Missed all but the bottom of the ninth. I was pissed.
But I got the rundown of the entire game when I called my girlfriend once I was home. She's funny...she's a hardcore Sox fan, has been for years. She's beside herself right now. It's so cute.
Forgive me nothing.

MiseryWhippa

Post by MiseryWhippa » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:18 am

cubs = gone

heroingirl

Post by heroingirl » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:56 am

Katie wrote:[I wanted to yell, but I didn't want to scare the neighbors, so I made some kind of "EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" noise. Haha, my god, I love the Red Sox.
--Katie
LMFAO!

Aaaahhh katie! I can totally see you doing that too! Chase was calling me at work with play by plays and such. When he called later with the cubby score
I thought he was seriously gonna cry. He's been such a hard core fan for
years...this was his time to be proud and it was all thanx to the asshole
fan who wanted a ball.....and gonzales dropping that ball which coulda been that double play to end that inning or dusty's fault for not bringing in remlinger sooner...or their lack of hitting over the fish today as well. Oh well, there's always next year.
I can't wait for tomorrows game!

~*Christal*~
"I take my pills...and babies cry...and all I hear
is what's playin' thru the inflight radio..."

plight

Post by plight » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:00 am

heroingirl wrote: was his time to be proud and it was all thanx to the asshole
fan who wanted a ball.....
Bah. Blaming it on the fan is one of the more lame things i've seen 'Cubs' fans do in awhile. The ball was ruled out and the fan was free to catch it. The ref made the right call. This is coming from someone who was rooting for the Cubs too no less.

-plight
sports fanatic

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:01 am

you know, with all that momentum completely in the cubs camp, and how quickly every bit of that was lost in both game 6 and game 7, it kinda makes you wonder if there isn't really something going on with that whole billy goat curse....

and nauseating, as a braves fan, is the fact that the FLORIDA FUCKING MARLINS could win more world series than the braves SINCE 1995, when ATLANTA won its only WS. *that,* my friends, is messed up....

if the red sox don't win tonight, i will not watch a minute of this year's world series. i can't imagine anything that could interest me less.

COME ON RED SOX! it's time to put at least ONE curse to bed!
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:28 pm

If the Yankoffs win tonight I'm throwing my TV through the window. Just a warning to anyone who might be standing outside of my apartment tonight.
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

plight

Post by plight » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:08 pm

stupid happy wrote:
and nauseating, as a braves fan, is the fact that the FLORIDA FUCKING MARLINS could win more world series than the braves SINCE 1995, when ATLANTA won its only WS. *that,* my friends, is messed up....
I hate saying this, but Atlanta makes shitty clubhouse decisions with their roster. They're kind of content with getting to the playoffs every year and losing recently. The Braves just dont have that edge to be a serious 'Series' contender every year.
As for the Marlins, i'm kind of surprised they turned things around that quickly. When they won the Series a few years ago, they dismantled the team and no one thought they'd ever get back to the Series. They had Piazza for a moment before they traded him [which was a good decision actually] and even had season ticket holder sue the team, because they weren't going to be competitive.
The fact that they've made excellent decisions with their roster to me shows they deserve to be in the Series. I still think the Yanks are going to crush them very badly.

Katie

Post by Katie » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:27 pm

sdilley14 wrote:If the Yankoffs win tonight I'm throwing my TV through the window. Just a warning to anyone who might be standing outside of my apartment tonight.
Hee. I'm fully expecting the city of Boston to implode in a fit of rage if they win. Or I'm expecting to hear a collective wail of distress. People around here are just so happy when the Sox do well and are so incredibly devoted, it would be too bad if they lost tonight. But I'm keeping up hope for now. I'm trying not to be too positive or too negative. Don't want to jinx them either way. :P

I really just want the Red Sox to win so that they will still be playing games. It sucks that I've gotten so into this when it's the end of the season. And lord knows I'm not gonna be watching the World Series if the Yankees are in it. :P

--Katie

MiseryWhippa

Post by MiseryWhippa » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:22 am

wow wut a game Yankees Win!!!

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:10 am

ack. a world series that has, for me anyway, just become completely unwatchable. two mind-boggling chokes by chicago on successive nights, then a boston implosion last night... :oops:

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:50 am

sdilley14 wrote:If the Yankoffs win tonight I'm throwing my TV through the window. Just a warning to anyone who might be standing outside of my apartment tonight.
Well, I still have my TV...but gosh damnit! What an awesome and terrible year for the playoffs. Two disasterous, monsterous, disgusting choke jobs by the underdogs who coulda, woulda, and SHOULDA won. Go marlins I guess. :roll:
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

Katie

Post by Katie » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:07 pm

::sigh::

Poor Sox. It was a depressing night to be in Boston last night.

Oh well. I still love them. :)

--Katie

Matty

Post by Matty » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:18 pm

It's suddenly become the World Series that nobody wanted.

Marlins-Yankees? Who cares?
Forgive me nothing.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:31 pm

i was trying to remember a time when the world series meant less to me...93, perhaps? toronto vs. philly...that's all i can remember that even comes close...but i *did* want to watch that WS, just to see if toronto would repeat. this one...well, i am just so non-plussed, all the way around. i think i'm going to start watching that show plight was talking about, instead...that one about those two newlyweds? or maybe catch up on my reading -- i just bought an awesome book published by "the sporting news" -- a complete chronicle/bio of every member of the baseball hall of fame. it's a great read, so far...even characters who played before 1900 seem far more interesting than i expected them to. great stories. and probably a far more compelling way for me to spend my time for the next week or so...ah, baseball....

plight

Post by plight » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:28 pm

Matty wrote:It's suddenly become the World Series that nobody wanted.

Marlins-Yankees? Who cares?
*raises hand, because he cares* ;)

-plight
who thinks the yanks will do it in five.