Talk amongst yourselves.
lord of the view

Post by lord of the view » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:10 am

Bash has some great quotes.

"Whoa" - Keano Reeves.
I can't spell.

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:46 am

"The smartest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesnt exist."

- Keyzer Soze

"If there is any kind of legitimate ostalgia, it's for everything we've never even seen, the women we've never slept with, never dreamed of, the friends we haven't made, the books we've never read, all the food steaming in the pots we've never eaten out of. That's the only real kind of nostalgia there is."

- Paco Ignacio Taibo II

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

- Some dude from the bible

Katie

Re: Favorite Quotes?

Post by Katie » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:32 am

LoserFreak wrote: How can you hate Spike? So witty and such. He also stayed evil longer, meaning he is better than Angel. Angel boinked a slayer and is now all pure. That means that Angel sucks and Spike could whoop him.
Haha, I used to love Spike when he was evil. But then he fell in love with Buffy and got all schmoopy and I couldn't stand him any longer. Then he got a soul which was even MORE lame. Are you trying to say Spike is more evil than Angel? Cuz if you ask me, Angelus was more evil than Spike ever was.

--Katie

NeverFear

Post by NeverFear » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:48 pm

"Now, how do you like, them apples?" That guy from Good Will Hunting.

Nothing but love for Bill and Ted.
"Bill, whos that?"
"Ted, ITS THE GRIM REAPER DUDE!!!"

LoopySparkle

Post by LoopySparkle » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:55 pm

"Get Down...Shut Up!!"

~Lt. Dan
Forrest Gump
What in the hell do you want from me?

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:01 pm

Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Terrence Mann (played by James Earl Jones), "Field of Dreams"

but you know, i think annie savoy -- played impeccably by susan sarandon -- said it best (if not most deliciously) in "bull durham" (1988):

I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring... which makes it like sex. There's never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn't have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball: you just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I'd never sleep with a player hitting under .250... not unless he had a lot of RBIs and was a great glove man up the middle. You see, there's a certain amount of life wisdom I give these boys. I can expand their minds. Sometimes when I've got a ballplayer alone, I'll just read Emily Dickinson or Walt Whitman to him, and the guys are so sweet, they always stay and listen. 'Course, a guy'll listen to anything if he thinks it's foreplay. I make them feel confident, and they make me feel safe, and pretty. 'Course, what I give them lasts a lifetime; what they give me lasts 142 games. Sometimes it seems like a bad trade. But bad trades are part of baseball -- now who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for God's sake? It's a long season and you gotta trust. I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.

play fuckin' ball.
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:02 pm

(sorry my quotes were so long....)
Last edited by stupid happy on Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

Hoponpop

Post by Hoponpop » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:26 pm

"i love smoking. smoking is great, peaple will never quit smoking; you could make packs of cigarettes black, with a skull and crossbones on it, and label them "tumors" and peaple would still be lined up around the block, waiting to get their tumors for $20 a pack"
-dennis leary

"lead paint-delicious but deadly."
the simpsons

clearvampire

Post by clearvampire » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:57 pm

Most quotes on the Simpsons are my favorite because not only their extremely funny, they usually get a point across, are rich in satire, and are quite complex. Its the most intelligent show on television and its a show for everyone. From the stupidest to the smartest, there is ALWAYS a joke to laugh at for everyone. The creator's of the show are genius.
I always seem to have a favorite simpsons quote every week, I try not to go a day without watching the show.
My current favorite comes from the episode where the family visits Africa, at Dr Bushwell's house in the Jungle, after finding that she trains monkeys to dig for diamonds, the scene progresses to show, randomly, homer rolling around on a bed, throwing up diamonds in the air. Homer yells out:

"Look at me, I'm a scientist! Ahhh hahha Ahhh hahah... ...ahhh Africa."

Still makes me laugh. The creator's showed this scene, in my opinion, because they're making fun of Americans, mainly, who see one thing about something and believe that it constists of that one thing. Like... hmm.. lets see... everclear. This is a bad simile, but... a lot of people who hear the word everclear think automatically "oh, that guy with the song 'daddy gave me a name'" As we all know.... everclear has much more complex and emotion songs than "Father of Mine"... but people just assume "FOM" is what everclear is made up of. And that's it.
Homer's character is a sterotypical American. After finding out what this Scientist was doing with the monkeys, he automatically assumes that all scientist do all day is just sit on beds and throw diamonds in the air. Which is not true of course, scientist are hard working people, but homer sees that this scientist is diamond hungry, so that must mean ALL scientist must are diamond hungry and throw diamonds around all day, to him. I love this scene, its makes me laugh so hard.
ahhh. I need sleep.

:arrow: jordan
alive.

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:18 pm

Stupid Happy, you give us Annie Savoy, I have to retort with Crash Davis. It's pretty good itself:

"Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pr0n, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. "

There's more quotes I like, but I'm too tired to track them down right now, so this one will have to do for now.

vondutchgirl

Post by vondutchgirl » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:00 am

this to shall pass
I love punk rock!!! I love Justin Timberlake and cute "punk rock" style guys. It's hot! It's the bomb!

Walshyboy

Post by Walshyboy » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:10 am

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

"Don't try any of those old cheap moves on me"
"Oh no don't worry, I have all new cheap moves" - Ghostbusters

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum! - They Live

Marty! - B2TF
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

samantha

Post by samantha » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:25 am

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."
-Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything

"He was twitching because he's got my axe embedded in his nervous system!"
-Gimli, son of Gloin

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:32 pm

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. - Samuel L Jackson (Pulp Fiction)

Say what again motherfucker, say what again, I dare you, no I double dare you, say what again... Samuel L Jackson (Pulp Fiction)

I'd love to have been born into a wealthy family. I might have turned out even more marvellous than I am now... John Lydon (Rotten)

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:16 pm

Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll fuckin' spank you." - Dogma