I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Talk amongst yourselves.
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:21 pm

Okay, so it's not a jet plane. Nevertheless, I AM leaving for about five days (six the most).

Since I will be a lowly freshman at Ball State University in lovely Muncie, IN, I have to attend a two-day orientation Monday and Tuesday, and as part of my Early Start Program, I'm taking a 3-day summer course over Web Page Design Wednesday through Friday.

You know what this mean: no immediate updates at my site, and you won't have little old innocent me to pick on here. :wink: :lol:

Anyway, I expect you all to be on your best behavior while I'm gone. And If I get a bad report, be prepared for the consequences. :twisted:
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

everclear311

Post by everclear311 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:23 pm

It is going to be great to watch northern illinois university own ball state in the MAC this year in every sport.

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:32 pm

As much as I'm into sports, I really don't care. :roll:
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

johnnypotsmoker69

Post by johnnypotsmoker69 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:07 pm

Who Cares about your dumb trip.

Just playing have fun Liz, and enjoy your orientation and you will have fun in college it is just the start.
"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

H&H Fantasy Football '06 1-2

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:16 pm

Thanks JPS69! :lol:

Too bad I don't have my Mac PowerBook. :( I could be checking in on you guys while I'm on downtime. But alas, it takes 10 days for that little laptop to come in! And I'm getting a refund. :wink:

I better hit the hay. I have to leave 6AM in order to sign-in by 8:30AM. :shock: Eric and Chris, I'm counting on you. plight, be on your BEST behavior (I know you can be). Everyone else, take care!

And another thing. When I come back, I better not have 50 emails and PMs/IMs telling me to update my site or there's some news about Tri-Polar. I will get to it all ASAP. It will drive me nuts!

¡Adiós, amigos!
~Elizabeth

ro

Post by ro » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:04 am

cheerio my friend! thanks for advice! have a good time
no one really understands how simple and plain and predictable I am

http://filteredvision.50webs.com

johnnypotsmoker69

Post by johnnypotsmoker69 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:04 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Thanks JPS69!
Call me Johnny it sounds better and easier to type.
"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

H&H Fantasy Football '06 1-2

everclear311

Post by everclear311 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:12 am

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:As much as I'm into sports, I really don't care. :roll:
thats because your school is not good at sports. my one friend plays football there. and i to can put tons of rolling eyes down :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:12 pm

Just checking in!

So far, everyone's doing good on my account. I'm working on my web page design assignment at BSU, so I REALLY don't have much time. I will be home sometime Friday afternoon, and I will give you a long review! :lol:
~Elizabeth

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:26 pm

I'm finally home! I had a great time over at BSU. I formed a little BS group with some of my new friends, and we're going to continue in the fall. I will post a pic of the little group.

Monday - Arrived on campus a bit before 8AM and got into my orientation group. Did some assessment tests, took a tour, and sat through several convocations, but time flew by! I took a Spanish placement test and got into Intermediate Spanish 201. Checked into my dorm room for the night at 5:15. At 8, my orientation group went to the bowling alley in the basement of the Student Center (yes, they have a bowling alley with a pool hall). Cosmic bowling rocks! Music blaring, lights flashing, and blacklights above you... Who's with me?

Tuesday - Got my ID, took another assessment test, and did my scheduling. My fall semester looks like this: Geography 101: Earth, Sky, and Sea (including a lab on Wednesdays); Math 125: Mathematics Applications; Foreign Language Teaching 150; English 103, and Psychology 100: General Pyschology. Unfortunately, I won't be able to take Spanish 201 because the class is full. :( After 4:00, I checked into my dorm for the Early Start Program (my web page class), met my roommate, and had dinner with her. I ended up with ANOTHER roommate, who graduated with me, because her roommate went home sick. Later that night, I met my new friends Melissa, David, Brian, Claire, and Tara in the den, and some of us formed a BS club (we played BS as our main card game).

Wednesday - First day of web page design at 9:00AM. It was EASY! Our professor will be retiring this next week, but he was intellectual and awesome. He sat with me and my roommate, who was also in my class, and he talked about his homelife (12 grandkids, yikes!). Then my roommate and I went to a lab to do our assignments, and it was awesome. 7:00PM was our billiards/euchre/ping pong tourney. I did some pool, but I got knocked out in the second round. :( And afterwards, the BS club got together and did a game or two.

Thursday - Class at 9AM. Lunch with professor. Worked on webpages. 8:00PM: Karaokee and Disco Night. I ended up doing "Ain't That a Shame" by Fat Domino, not Cheap Trick. The BS club met, but we played Scrabble instead.

Friday - Class at 9AM. I presented my site to the class, and when I got to my links page, my professor wanted to see my other sites, including MU (he asked me before if I had experience about webpages). Got out of class before noon and picked up an on-campus job application. Went back to the dorm, packed up, and checked out. Melissa and I left around 1:30, and since she lives in Denver, INDIANA, (not too far from Logansport), she took me home.

So, here I am... Anticipating for the first day of class.
~Elizabeth

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:36 pm

Okay, here are some pictures I took while I was down there:

Beneficence (or Bennie)

Bennie and the Pillars of the Ball Brothers

Frog Baby fountain

McKinely Avenue (as viewed from the Teachers College on the 7th floor . . . 10 floors total)

Bell Tower (as viewed from the Atrium porch)

The Brackens Library

My BS club (Claire, David, Tara, and the funny guy is Brian)
~Elizabeth