concerts anyone

Got a band you have to tell everyone about? Do it here.
User avatar
SupR
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:32 am

Post by SupR » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:38 pm

wonderful1 wrote:
SupR wrote:Rush(1996)(my 1st concert, I was 6 at the time)
Kiss(2000)
Blessed union of souls(either 1999 or 2000)
Jackson sneed band/Micheal tolcher/Virginia coalition/Everclear.(2004)
Dan adams band/Retrospect/Legion/Mr.North/Live (2004)

Plans:

Keller williams(this year)
Gov't mule(hopefully)
there answers one of my questions u r 15. kewl.
That is correct :)

Dylan
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:28 pm
Location: UK

Post by Dylan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:58 pm

I'm hoping to see Four tet, Sleater Kinney, the Decemberists and Clap your hands say yeah! over the next couple of weeks.

User avatar
wonderful1
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Halifax, Canada

Post by wonderful1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:53 pm

SupR wrote:
wonderful1 wrote:
SupR wrote:Rush(1996)(my 1st concert, I was 6 at the time)
Kiss(2000)
Blessed union of souls(either 1999 or 2000)
Jackson sneed band/Micheal tolcher/Virginia coalition/Everclear.(2004)
Dan adams band/Retrospect/Legion/Mr.North/Live (2004)

Plans:

Keller williams(this year)
Gov't mule(hopefully)
there answers one of my questions u r 15. kewl.
That is correct :)
haha thats awsome. I'm not the only younge fan here. But I never was Eager is 15 I believe.

User avatar
Eager To Please
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:25 pm
Location: JMU
Contact:

Post by Eager To Please » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:59 pm

i am indeed 15. but only for 4 more months (lol, only a third of a year left!)
H&H Fantasy Football : 0-2

Image

www.myspace.com/cochisechilipepper

User avatar
Mr Vaughan
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:11 am
Location: 123 Fake Street
Contact:

Post by Mr Vaughan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:38 am

Dylan wrote:I'm hoping to see Four tet, Sleater Kinney, the Decemberists and Clap your hands say yeah! over the next couple of weeks.
Sleater-Kinney called off the tour - Carrie is diseased. I'm quite happy that I saw them in London earlier in the year now.

If you do go to see The Decemberists make sure you get there early and check out the support band, Two Gallants. I'm going primarily to see them. Amazing passionate old-stlye dirty blues rock twopiece.

I've seen Four Tet twice; the first time, at Rescue Rooms, was painfully dull, although when I caught him earlier this year at Summer Sundae - with turntable action and a more danceable set - he was ace.
I wasn't that bothered about going this time, but now that it's sold out and I can't go, I actually really want to.
Mr Vaughan has spoken

User avatar
northwestrocker
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:08 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by northwestrocker » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:46 pm

sadly I'm not going to Atmosphere tonight. :cry: Oh well.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

User avatar
loopy
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:09 am
Location: Greensboro, NC

Post by loopy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:26 pm

birght eyes again-11/17 asheville,nc
She is perfect in that fucked up way

it's all connected, everything's in the blanket see, here's a hammer and here's an orgasm

User avatar
everelizabeth
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:30 am
Contact:

Post by everelizabeth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:29 pm

311...just this past Saturday night.


So incredibly awesome & so much energy.

Past concerts:
Metallica
Toby Keith
Lone Star
Aerosmith
Saliva
Staind
Puddle of Mud
Evanescence
reo speedwagon/styx/journey
korn
Linkin Park
Everclear

There's more but my brain's gone to much thinking about it.
Beshie

*******************************************************
When I think about you now it makes me think of summertime....we were laughing in the sunshine

User avatar
northwestrocker
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:08 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by northwestrocker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:50 pm

I somehow got duped into seeing Alien Ant Farm last night, and I must say I now have respect for the band. Was a little surprised though that the show only had less than 200 in attendance. Kinda reminded me of another washed-up band.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

Dylan
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:28 pm
Location: UK

Post by Dylan » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:09 pm

Mr Vaughan wrote:
Dylan wrote:I'm hoping to see Four tet, Sleater Kinney, the Decemberists and Clap your hands say yeah! over the next couple of weeks.
Sleater-Kinney called off the tour - Carrie is diseased. I'm quite happy that I saw them in London earlier in the year now.

If you do go to see The Decemberists make sure you get there early and check out the support band, Two Gallants. I'm going primarily to see them. Amazing passionate old-stlye dirty blues rock twopiece.

I've seen Four Tet twice; the first time, at Rescue Rooms, was painfully dull, although when I caught him earlier this year at Summer Sundae - with turntable action and a more danceable set - he was ace.
I wasn't that bothered about going this time, but now that it's sold out and I can't go, I actually really want to.
Thanks for bringing up Sleater-Kinney, I made a note of it a while ago and hadn't actually checked it was still on. I hope they reschedule for later; One Beat and The Woods are some of my favourite releases of the last couple of years.

I haven't heard Two Gallants, but will make sure I arrive promptly on your recommendation.

User avatar
Mr Vaughan
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:11 am
Location: 123 Fake Street
Contact:

Post by Mr Vaughan » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:22 am

Dylan wrote: Thanks for bringing up Sleater-Kinney, I made a note of it a while ago and hadn't actually checked it was still on. I hope they reschedule for later; One Beat and The Woods are some of my favourite releases of the last couple of years.

I haven't heard Two Gallants, but will make sure I arrive promptly on your recommendation.
I can't see the S-K tour being rescheduled any time soon - although I wouldn't claim to be particularly well-informed about Carrie's condition. It's a shame though; they were blindin' at the Koko Lounge - it's seems as though The Woods was written especially for being played live.

Where are you planning on seeing the Decemberists? I know that Two Gallants are supporting in Nottingham, although I'm only assuming that's the same for the whole tour.
Mr Vaughan has spoken

User avatar
SupR
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:32 am

Post by SupR » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:33 pm

Well shit, keller williams nor gov't mule are happening :(

everclearhagan
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:27 am

Post by everclearhagan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:03 pm

I just saw 311 a week ago and Beck over a month ago. both shows were awesome. Beck is really good live and a lot of fun while 311 had tons of energy like every show they put on.
be positive and love your life

User avatar
TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor
Posts: 3989
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:01 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:06 pm

northwestrocker wrote:I somehow got duped into seeing Alien Ant Farm last night, and I must say I now have respect for the band. Was a little surprised though that the show only had less than 200 in attendance. Kinda reminded me of another washed-up band.
The memory of that one concert at Notre Dame on April 4, 2003... And I still didn't get a chance to have a conversation with the band. -.-



Anyway, a while ago, Ball State had its annual Box City Night to promote the awareness of homeless people (it's a fundraiser where we sleep in a box until 6AM the following morning), and I went there to see my favorite local band from Logansport General Admission perform (I went to school with these guys ans graduated with the lead singer's brother. Plus, I'm a friend of the bassist's sister). When I got there they were playing "I Love Rock & Roll." And then they went into the song they live up to, aka "Chick Magnet" (I love MxPx!), and I thought they retired that song because when they first started, CM and "Kryptonite" were the most popular covers they performed at our home festivals. But they did some originals like "Take a Chance" and "Becoming One" and more covers like "(I Would Walk) 500 Miles," "Play That Funky Music," and "Easy Lover." And since the lead guitarist wasn't there, the drummer had to do HIS vocals, which was very different.

So, I guess that's not a real concert like Audioslave or the Foos, but it's better than nothing.
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

User avatar
Eager To Please
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:25 pm
Location: JMU
Contact:

Post by Eager To Please » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:53 am

I just got Tickets for a Queen show from some family friends as a birthday present. !!
H&H Fantasy Football : 0-2

Image

www.myspace.com/cochisechilipepper

Post Reply