Godsmack / Alice In Chains

Got a band you have to tell everyone about? Do it here.
Hoponpop
Godsmack / Alice In Chains

Post by Hoponpop » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:05 pm

ive noticed some odd similarities between these bands, rather from just godsmack off alice in chains

their logos:
kinda small, best i could find

and then alice in chains has facelift (amazing album)

and then godsmacks faceless

not the exact same, but similar names and covers.

alice in chains has their legendary jar of flies while godsmack has their own acoustic EP, 'the other side' now, i dont take this as directly ripping them off, but i felt obligated to at least include it

and finaly, the name of the fucking band, Godsmack, strangly resembles track 9 on AIC's Dirt.

it may not seem like it but im entirley open to explanations and arguments. (and even more open to agreement!)

Eager To Please

Post by Eager To Please » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:06 pm

I thought you told me they started as an AIC cover band? or were you just assuming that the explanation?
H&H Fantasy Football : 0-2

www.myspace.com/cochisechilipepper

Colorfinger
Site Contributor

Post by Colorfinger » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:53 pm

Didn't you know that Godsmack got their name from the Alice In Chains song?
the only thing worth listening to these days
http://www.myspace.com/mycontrolpanel

Hoponpop

Post by Hoponpop » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:51 pm

Eager To Please wrote:I thought you told me they started as an AIC cover band? or were you just assuming that the explanation?
i think your confusing the fact that metallica started as a motorhead coverband with godsmack/alice in chains

ReAligned

Post by ReAligned » Wed May 07, 2008 5:06 pm

As a huge Godsmack fan, I will tell ya some facts.

Godsmack was never a AiC cover band. Sure they were influenced but hey who doesn't get influenced right?

Sully Erna lead singer of Godsmack stated that they got their name from a moment when their ex-drummer Joe Darko had a cole sore on his lip. Sully was making fun of him all day about it, and they had a photo shoot coming up. So the next day Sully had a sore on his lip, same place and size. Their guitarist Tony Rombola told Sully that he just got Godsmacked! The name struck and so then Godsmack was born.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me, I'll do my best to answer them.

BTW Sully Erna has a book out called "The Past We Choose" excellent book to read.