Any Fans Of...?

Got a band you have to tell everyone about? Do it here.
PureWhiteEvil

Any Fans Of...?

Post by PureWhiteEvil » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Is anyone on here a fan of any of the following:

Mike Viola/Candy Butchers
Bleu
The Major Labels
L.E.O. (quasi-tribute band to E.L.O.)
Black Stone Cherry
Fleming & John

Dunno. Just bored, so I figured I'd check. I love 'em all. Check 'em out.

Don
"Tell me, do you feel it, too?
The way I feel when I am blue?
Do you feel it? 'Cause I can feel it still
You cut me into pieces
Said, you cut me into pieces
And now I wished I'd never let you in!"
~ Brad! The Musical

the_laughing_world

Re: Any Fans Of...?

Post by the_laughing_world » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:40 pm

the only band on that list im somewhat familiar with is black stone cherry. but i'll have to check out the others. always on the lookout for some new music

PureWhiteEvil

Re: Any Fans Of...?

Post by PureWhiteEvil » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:19 am

Some quick-type background info...

Mike Viola/Candy Butchers
- Mike Viola was the singing voice for a couple of songs (including the title track) in the movie "That Thing You Do" w/ Tom Hanks; he's an amazing pop singer/songwriter; in the vein of Fountains of Wayne; he recently wrote most of the songs on the newest Mandy Moore album which has some beautiful music on it, despite it being a Mandy Moore album

Bleu
- similar to Mike Viola's style, but a bit quirkier; another amazing pop singer/songwriter

The Major Labels
- a band featuring Mike Viola, Bleu, and recording engineer/producer Ducky Carlisle; their album "Aquavia" ROCKS! Just a collection of great tunes. I definitely recommend checking it out. Supposedly, they're getting together to record another record. I hope so.

L.E.O. (quasi-tribute band to E.L.O.)
- spearheaded by Bleu, a tribute to Jeff Lynne and ELO; if you dig ELO's sound, just go and buy their "Alpalcas Orgling" album... catchy, tight, and amazing; pop-writing supergroup... Bleu, Mike Viola, Hanson, Andy Sturmer... more... the kind of album you can listen to straight through

Black Stone Cherry
- I saw these guys open for Collective Soul, oddly enough. Their drummer is INSANE! Unfortunately, their albums don't do their live performance justice. Go see them live. The albums rock, though, no doubt.

Fleming & John
- I saw this couple open for Ben Folds. John is a big musician/producer type and Fleming has a great pop/opera voice. Quirky married couple, but their albums kick ass. They sound great live, too.
"Tell me, do you feel it, too?
The way I feel when I am blue?
Do you feel it? 'Cause I can feel it still
You cut me into pieces
Said, you cut me into pieces
And now I wished I'd never let you in!"
~ Brad! The Musical