Only In Dreams

Got a band you have to tell everyone about? Do it here.
everArt
Only In Dreams

Post by everArt » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm also a very serious Weezer fan and was lucky enough to go to night one of the Memories tour in Chicago earlier this month. This was such an amazing idea...they chose a handful of cities in which to do two night residencies. Both nights included nothing but hits, plus the blue album in it's entirety on night one and Pinkerton on night two. The whole albums, in order. I've heard of other bands doing this kind of thing before and finally got to experience it...AMAZING!!!!!

I can't help but think how amazing it would be for Everclear to do this at some point...Sparkle & Fade and So Much For The Afterglow would totally work! As my subject line suggests, this is only in my dreams...I know Art prefers to avoid certain songs and would probably not be up to this, along with a host of other problems standing the way, but I'm just saying that they definitely have the material in those two albums to make for a powerful set. Sigh.
I have made it through bruised and scarred and half alive.

Pablo

Re: Only In Dreams

Post by Pablo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 am

I saw Queensryche do the entire album, in order, of Operation: Mindcrime back in 1990 or 1991. It was awesome. It would be sweet if Everclear did it, but like you said, probably only in our dreams.

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 am

Art would never do this...your best bet is to find as many live versions as possible and make your own CD collection.

Josh Santo

Post by Josh Santo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 am

I attempted this. Check out the youtube section in the general discussion area. I compiled as many live songs from each album as I could (although I think I gave up once we got into vol 1 territory).

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Fri May 13, 2011 2:48 am

I really wished I could've made it to a Memories show, as Pinkerton is one of my three favorite albums of all-time. They didn't make any Pacific Northwest stops, unfortunately :?