Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

Got a band you have to tell everyone about? Do it here.
Sea Change
Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

Post by Sea Change » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Anyone else pick it up last week? It's an incredible album....some of their best work, in my opinion. My favorite tracks so far are The Celestials, Violet Rays, My Love Is Winter, The Chimera, and Inkless.

ndfan1993

Re: Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

Post by ndfan1993 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Sea Change wrote:Anyone else pick it up last week? It's an incredible album....some of their best work, in my opinion. My favorite tracks so far are The Celestials, Violet Rays, My Love Is Winter, The Chimera, and Inkless.
It is a good album but no where near to their best work in my opinion.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 am

ndfan1993 wrote:
Sea Change wrote:Anyone else pick it up last week? It's an incredible album....some of their best work, in my opinion. My favorite tracks so far are The Celestials, Violet Rays, My Love Is Winter, The Chimera, and Inkless.
Billy said it was the best album since Adore. That is quite possible. I like it more than Zeitgeist.

I listened to it in full when they were streaming it. My favorite song would have to be the second or third to last. I don't remember which because I had to look up the lyrics because the songs were all strung together.

As a side note, A Song For A Sun is a really good song and I wish that Billy would have pushed it more when it came out.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 am

worldofnoise wrote:I like it more than Zeitgeist.
Totally agree there, Oceania is a pretty solid album.

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:20 pm

worldofnoise wrote:
ndfan1993 wrote:
Billy said it was the best album since Adore. That is quite possible. I like it more than Zeitgeist.

I listened to it in full when they were streaming it. My favorite song would have to be the second or third to last. I don't remember which because I had to look up the lyrics because the songs were all strung together.

As a side note, A Song For A Sun is a really good song and I wish that Billy would have pushed it more when it came out.
Time will tell for me if it's better than Zeitgeist...so far it definitely has the potential, though.

I think the song you're talking about is Inkless....it's the second to the last track, my favorite on the whole album, and repeats the lyrics "The stars are out tonight."

A Song For A Son was a fantastic song....it had the "start of an epic journey" sound to it, and serves as a great starting track for Teargarden.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 am

Sea Change wrote: Time will tell for me if it's better than Zeitgeist...so far it definitely has the potential, though.

I think the song you're talking about is Inkless....it's the second to the last track, my favorite on the whole album, and repeats the lyrics "The stars are out tonight."

A Song For A Son was a fantastic song....it had the "start of an epic journey" sound to it, and serves as a great starting track for Teargarden.
I have money in iTunes, but I want to pick up a hard copy so I wont be listening to it a lot until I do.

That's the song!
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:55 am

I definitely understand about having a physical copy man....I'm the same way. Plus, the Oceania digipak and liner notes are pretty snazzy!