Didn't Green Day learn anything from Everclear?

Got a band you have to tell everyone about? Do it here.
SlowMotionTimmah
Didn't Green Day learn anything from Everclear?

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:26 am

I'm calling it now, Green Days 3 new albums this year will be commercially disappointing. You can't release mulitple albums months apart and expect the moronic general public to understand what is going on and to bite on all 3.

The fact that they dropped their mainstream rock opera sound and Billie is in rehab after his on stage meltdown instead of doing promotions is a sure sign that they are on track to have about as much success with Dos and Tre as Everclear had with Vol 2. I'm calling my shot. In Green Days defense, I actually like Uno. Reminds me of Warning. It may sell well, but I would be shocked if the next two didn't flop regardless of quality.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

worldofnoise

Re: Didn't Green Day learn anything from Everclear?

Post by worldofnoise » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm

SlowMotionTimmah wrote:I'm calling it now, Green Days 3 new albums this year will be commercially disappointing. You can't release mulitple albums months apart and expect the moronic general public to understand what is going on and to bite on all 3.

The fact that they dropped their mainstream rock opera sound and Billie is in rehab after his on stage meltdown instead of doing promotions is a sure sign that they are on track to have about as much success with Dos and Tre as Everclear had with Vol 2. I'm calling my shot. In Green Days defense, I actually like Uno. Reminds me of Warning. It may sell well, but I would be shocked if the next two didn't flop regardless of quality.
Yeah, I don't see them doing as well as they are probably hoping. I can see two albums in one year if they are at the beginning and end of the year. Wow, this is even worse than I thought, I just checked and all of them will be released within four and a half months of each other! Uno - September 25th, Dos - November 13th, Tre - January 15th.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

Copper

Re: Didn't Green Day learn anything from Everclear?

Post by Copper » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Green Day has enough money and established hits that they probably don't care how well the new albums sell. They've reached that level that very few bands do (probably just them and the Foo Fighters as far as 90's bands go) where they'll probably be playing stadiums for the duration of their career regardless of how well their future albums sell.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the Network album? Everybody knows the Foxboro Hot Tubs album but Money Money 2020 seems to have been forgotten. It's a good record. :(