SMFTA US Tour Announced

Anything and everything Everclear.

Re: SMFTA US Tour Announced

Postby Steve » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Lee Harvey Oswald wrote:I posted the fairfax date about a month ago in the everclear facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/136796189665025/

Art said online (facebook) that more dates are coming like a Vegas stop, and a few others. Did not say when they will be announced.

Also UK and AUS have been mentioned a few times hopefully later in the year. If I had to guess he won't announce those till summer.

He mentioned for October in Vegas will be something different this year, hinting around a summerland festival, which I'm assuming is taking the place of summerland tour (july/august).

Dunno if you're an admin but I just sent a request to join - didn't even know there was a group on FB
Steve

Postby Lee Harvey Oswald » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:04 am

I added you Steve, everyone else should join too!
Lee Harvey Oswald

Postby PureWhiteEvil » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:02 am

I'm flying out to Ohio for the Cleveland show with some Fastball fan friends. I think I'm gonna skip the NYC show, just because it will probably be the same set. If a cheapo ticket comes along, maybe I'll go, but for now, Cleveland's gonna rock! I hope they play SMFTA straight through then some other songs. If anyone's a Fastball fan, their new album comes out later this year. I've loved their last couple of albums. Hoping they do their own tour at some point.

I saw Fastball and Everclear back at the famous 6/4/98 show, so it will be fun to see them together again.
"Tell me, do you feel it, too?
The way I feel when I am blue?
Do you feel it? 'Cause I can feel it still
You cut me into pieces
Said, you cut me into pieces
And now I wished I'd never let you in!"
~ Brad! The Musical
PureWhiteEvil

Postby everArt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Yessss! So looking forward to this show! I'm in for the Chicagoland show...I saw Everclear play this venue in 2014...it's a weird, icky place, but I don't care!!!!!!!!!! :D
I have made it through bruised and scarred and half alive.
everArt

Postby ndfan1993 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:45 am

everArt wrote:Yessss! So looking forward to this show! I'm in for the Chicagoland show...I saw Everclear play this venue in 2014...it's a weird, icky place, but I don't care!!!!!!!!!! :D

Define weird and icky...
ndfan1993

Postby everArt » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 pm

ndfan1993 wrote:
everArt wrote:Yessss! So looking forward to this show! I'm in for the Chicagoland show...I saw Everclear play this venue in 2014...it's a weird, icky place, but I don't care!!!!!!!!!! :D

Define weird and icky...

It's definitely a rock club that looks like a basement. I remember they had a strange dance competition going on as the shows were wrapping up and the dance participants were very odd, especially with all the rock people there. My friend and I came from different directions and it took forever for each of us to find it. It's basically in a strip mall near a grocery store with plenty of parking available. I guess because the Chicago Sparkle & Fade anniversary show was at City Winery, which is very fancy, I'm a little surprised/disappointed that they're back at this place. On the positive side...it's not in the city, so it's super easy to get to that area.
I have made it through bruised and scarred and half alive.
everArt

Postby ndfan1993 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:50 am

everArt wrote:
ndfan1993 wrote:

Define weird and icky...

It's definitely a rock club that looks like a basement. I remember they had a strange dance competition going on as the shows were wrapping up and the dance participants were very odd, especially with all the rock people there. My friend and I came from different directions and it took forever for each of us to find it. It's basically in a strip mall near a grocery store with plenty of parking available. I guess because the Chicago Sparkle & Fade anniversary show was at City Winery, which is very fancy, I'm a little surprised/disappointed that they're back at this place. On the positive side...it's not in the city, so it's super easy to get to that area.

Never been to the venue but have been to some serious dives up there to see other shows. Checked out the site and didn't think it would be that bad...glad it isn't downtown with $50 parking.
ndfan1993

Postby worldofnoise » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:09 pm

ndfan1993 wrote:
everArt wrote:
ndfan1993 wrote:
Define weird and icky...

Never been to the venue but have been to some serious dives up there to see other shows. Checked out the site and didn't think it would be that bad...glad it isn't downtown with $50 parking.

They have an inside view on Google Maps. It doesn't look so bad. What's wrong with it?

I am definitely a fan of the location. I'm tired of their tour locations for Chicago being in Indiana or Tinley Park.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"
worldofnoise

Postby ndfan1993 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 am

The one common theme I have seen from people who have attended this tour is: how GREAT the guys sound, how friendly they have been, how good the openers have been at "setting the table," and how much they have loved being part of this tour.

Major kudos for Art for putting this together!
ndfan1993

Postby ekeown » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 pm

ndfan1993 wrote:The one common theme I have seen from people who have attended this tour is: how GREAT the guys sound, how friendly they have been, how good the openers have been at "setting the table," and how much they have loved being part of this tour.

Major kudos for Art for putting this together!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... nothing but positives, other than the Portland review where you could tell the reviewer had it out personally for Art.
ekeown
Site Admin

Postby Raptorbite » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:31 pm

I completely agree. I saw them at the Kansas City show at Crossroads and they were completely on top of those game. I've seen EC probably 16 times and this one was hands down the most solid. Art was very much into it. I can't express how much I adore the current lineup, especially Freddy. He really is a man of the people. He saw me in KC and waved me down and even asked how my band was going... he simply remembered details about me from being Facebook friends for so long and it caught me off gaurd and completely made my year. He came out of the VIP section and hung out with me for about 20 minutes prior to the show like we were old buds. Met with the rest of the guys too and they were incredibly friendly and generous with thier time. Got to talk to Art for a couple minutes after the set too which is always a treat. I told him I want a job as thier new drummer and I'd do it for free lol.
Man..... I really need na better Sig.
Raptorbite

Postby ekeown » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Raptorbite wrote:I completely agree. I saw them at the Kansas City show at Crossroads and they were completely on top of those game. I've seen EC probably 16 times and this one was hands down the most solid. Art was very much into it. I can't express how much I adore the current lineup, especially Freddy. He really is a man of the people.

I can't agree more with everything you said. I saw the show last night in Houston... AMAZING! They were on fire, they changed up the written setlist and played Nervous & Weird instead of Fire Maple Song and played The Swing (YES THE SWING!!!) instead of AM Radio.
ekeown
Site Admin

Postby SlowMotionTimmah » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey what's a good free site nowadays to upload images so I can link them here in a post? I want to make one for the Cleveland/Columbus shows for the sake of posterity lol.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis
SlowMotionTimmah

Postby ekeown » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:04 am

Since I have my own web hosting I haven't used image hosting in a very long time... maybe imgur
ekeown
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion