PSA: I've lost control of the subreddit.

Anything and everything Everclear.

ndfan1993

Re: PSA: I've lost control of the subreddit.

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 am

Chris B wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:32 pm
Just the general decline of forums as a thing, I think. People are used to getting notifications for new stuff, and forums just don't do that. Most new folks are just hanging out on FB or Reddit. And the band's fan base is a lot smaller now, even if there a solid group of devoted folks in it.

I've got a longer rant about how apps like Snapchat and Spotify have disconnected people from each other and devalued social bonding beyond one-on-one interaction. People aren't really fans of artists and music anymore - it's more about being a fan of a personality that does music (Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Ariana Grande, et al). And, with music being personalized to the individual, there's no ubiquity, no giant piece of music for everyone to get behind. Young folks aren't really bonding over common fandom anymore - everybody's relegated to doing their own thing.

And they wonder why depression and anxiety are going through the roof.

For me personally, I haven't been as much of an EC fan since the Classic era, but I still pop around from time to time to see what's going on. :mrgreen:
But most of the fans of Everclear are not "young folks" anymore - so I guess where did WE all go?

Frasbul

Post by Frasbul » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:48 pm

ndfan1993 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:20 am
Which I don't really understand - where did everyone go?
I think everyone -myself included- went to the "everclear fans facebook group". It is pretty active and Art and Freddy sometimes even comment on posts.
I do think it's sad that this forum is slowly dying though. I have lots of great memories, whereas people in the facebook group are too "everclear changed my life and I owe them everything" for my liking, which I think is unhealthy behavior.
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:53 am

I don't really look at the Facebook group. Every once in a while I just Google the band and some others and see what's going on.

I remember being a part of multiple message boards 10+ years ago and now this is the only one I post on
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm alive, thanks for worrying about me! It's like Chris said with the declining use... I just check the site less regularly because there hasn't been much activity lately. I also never log into my Reddit account so that is why I didn't know. Let me know what you'd like me to do and I will take care of it.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

Josh Santo

Post by Josh Santo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:04 am

I'm glad to see you're okay Eric. It's just crazy to think that without this site, we don't really have contact with each other, but yet we've been present for most of each others lives after all these years.

I got the moderator invite and am back in control. Thanks!

Josh Santo

Post by Josh Santo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:06 am

worldofnoise wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:53 am
I remember being a part of multiple message boards 10+ years ago and now this is the only one I post on
I'm right there with you WON. I still check in every single day though. It's the first link in my music folder lol.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:27 am

I'm hoping for some big news that I know wont come like a DITHOTBITS rerelease.

Josh Santo

Post by Josh Santo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone say they talked to Art and said that he's given up on re-releasing it?

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 am

Josh Santo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone say they talked to Art and said that he's given up on re-releasing it?
I think the last we heard from Art about it was that it just wasn't worth it and he wouldn't be doing it.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 am

ndfan1993 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 am
Josh Santo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am
I think the last we heard from Art about it was that it just wasn't worth it and he wouldn't be doing it.
Yeah, unfortunately he gave up on it.

ddn12

Post by ddn12 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 pm

I asked Art directly about a DITHOTHBTS re-release on the S&F anniversary tour and he confirmed that he has no plans to do so.

LIke WON and Chris B, I poke around here just to make sure I don't miss anything, but I'm not following much of the new music. I return to the classic stuff (and specifically Colorfinger/WON era) periodically, but at this point its not like they are playing many of these songs live, nor have their been any re-releases or anything similar from that era. Frankly there's just not that much to talk about...