Just saw Art solo.

Anything and everything Everclear.

Post Reply
User avatar
Josh Santo
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:22 am

Just saw Art solo.

Post by Josh Santo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:03 am

So I just got back from the Columbus show. It was one of the best performances I've seen in years. I wanted to stay in the moment, so I didn't take down the setlist. That being said, he played 4 songs from Sun Songs: Sunshine Love Song, Line In The Sand, Sing Away, and The Hot Water Test. Art said that he just finished a video for the latter. Thrift Store Chair was played, which I never got a chance to hear live. For the encore, Freddie set up a mic in the audience and Art listened to the fan's stories and took some requests. I FINALLY GOT TO HEAR PALE GREEN STARS LIVE AFTER 20 YEARS OF WAITING!
The most interesting part of it all is one of the fans requested he play 13 Years, and Art tried his best to do it.

I asked him about the Colorfinger album. Again, he said he hopes to release it one day. Art also said that about 10 years ago he had a deal to put it out, but it fell through. But back to where I was going with this....I was under the impression that back when we all pooled together our Colorfinger material here on the board that we were doing it because Art DIDN'T have the original masters anymore. Then I remember there being something about what we did gather for him wasn't sufficient enough to produce a good enough master to make a new print. I thought that was the end of it, he couldn't make it and had given up pretty much. So, I thought I'd try a different approach and I had planned to give him my original CD pressing of Deep In The Heart in hopes that he'd at least be able to clone it and release it. However when I brought it up, Art stated that he does in fact have the master tapes for that album. Eric, Lee, can you help me clear up my confusion on this situation?

Other than that, the only thing I touched on was the PledgeMusic shipment. Art said he still has to raise about $4k to cover the costs to get them out to us, so hopefully soon.

Timmah, I wish I could've found you if you were at the show. I was thinking about yelling out for you, but didn't think you'd respond to your screen name IRL :D .

User avatar
ndfan1993
Posts: 999
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:50 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by ndfan1993 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Awesome experience...about the same as mine. I got talking to Art about some of the stuff going on in my life that I totally spaced asking him about the PledgeMusic deal. Really wanted the vinyl!

I taped the entire show and can get it put up here along with the Indiana State Fair show as well - that I promised.

manzanaton
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by manzanaton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:12 pm

That was my husband who requested 13 years. Haha. It really was a great show. I’ve seen art solo where he sounds not so great, but this time he was awesome. It was a really simple, fun show!

User avatar
ndfan1993
Posts: 999
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:50 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:52 am

Indianapolis Show (The Vogue Theatre - 12/8/2019)

J. Elliot Set:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a9hyi1uccidhdfx

Art Alexakis Set:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eb6tjmqysoo7c4g

Art Alexakis Q/A:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q166tifb6tju7da

User avatar
worldofnoise
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Chicagoish
Contact:

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by worldofnoise » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Josh Santo wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:03 am
So I just got back from the Columbus show. It was one of the best performances I've seen in years. I wanted to stay in the moment, so I didn't take down the setlist. That being said, he played 4 songs from Sun Songs: Sunshine Love Song, Line In The Sand, Sing Away, and The Hot Water Test. Art said that he just finished a video for the latter. Thrift Store Chair was played, which I never got a chance to hear live. For the encore, Freddie set up a mic in the audience and Art listened to the fan's stories and took some requests. I FINALLY GOT TO HEAR PALE GREEN STARS LIVE AFTER 20 YEARS OF WAITING!
The most interesting part of it all is one of the fans requested he play 13 Years, and Art tried his best to do it.

I asked him about the Colorfinger album. Again, he said he hopes to release it one day. Art also said that about 10 years ago he had a deal to put it out, but it fell through. But back to where I was going with this....I was under the impression that back when we all pooled together our Colorfinger material here on the board that we were doing it because Art DIDN'T have the original masters anymore. Then I remember there being something about what we did gather for him wasn't sufficient enough to produce a good enough master to make a new print. I thought that was the end of it, he couldn't make it and had given up pretty much. So, I thought I'd try a different approach and I had planned to give him my original CD pressing of Deep In The Heart in hopes that he'd at least be able to clone it and release it. However when I brought it up, Art stated that he does in fact have the master tapes for that album. Eric, Lee, can you help me clear up my confusion on this situation?

Other than that, the only thing I touched on was the PledgeMusic shipment. Art said he still has to raise about $4k to cover the costs to get them out to us, so hopefully soon.

Timmah, I wish I could've found you if you were at the show. I was thinking about yelling out for you, but didn't think you'd respond to your screen name IRL :D .
I missed out on the Sparkle and Fade tour. I'm jealous you finally got to hear it!
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

User avatar
worldofnoise
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Chicagoish
Contact:

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by worldofnoise » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:30 pm

ndfan1993 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:52 am
Indianapolis Show (The Vogue Theatre - 12/8/2019)

J. Elliot Set:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a9hyi1uccidhdfx

Art Alexakis Set:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eb6tjmqysoo7c4g

Art Alexakis Q/A:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q166tifb6tju7da
Art's voice sounds pretty good. It sounds like it was a good show.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

User avatar
Josh Santo
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:22 am

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by Josh Santo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:22 pm

manzanaton wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:12 pm
That was my husband who requested 13 years. Haha. It really was a great show. I’ve seen art solo where he sounds not so great, but this time he was awesome. It was a really simple, fun show!
It was an absolute blast. Tell him I said thank you for requesting it please!!

Also, thank you for the upload ndfan, I can't wait to have time to listen to it.

Worldofnoise, I too missed out on the S&F tour, as well as the SMFTA tour. It sucks getting old!

User avatar
Josh Santo
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:22 am

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by Josh Santo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Hey ndfan, it seems there's a couple of video sources for that show too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vba_tSSNRD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv1bcJReGIA

User avatar
Lee Harvey Oswald
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by Lee Harvey Oswald » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:41 am

I've talked to him about Colorfinger allot the last few years, I have a few copies of the CD, I gave him a mint CD and cassette. He does have the masters, and if I remember correctly he remastered it a number of years back. I think it's just one of those projects on the back burner. Not high on the priority list at this point. Between the solo album which took allot of time the last couple years, the book he's been working on for awhile, plus touring with everclear, and the solo tours, the pledgemusic thing, let alone family time and dealing with MS. I hope it happens, I know he wants to, next year is gonna be busy with the SFAAM 20th world tour, but fingers crossed 30th anniversary coming up, could be surprised.

User avatar
Josh Santo
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:22 am

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by Josh Santo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:36 am

Lee Harvey Oswald wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:41 am
I've talked to him about Colorfinger allot the last few years, I have a few copies of the CD, I gave him a mint CD and cassette. He does have the masters, and if I remember correctly he remastered it a number of years back. I think it's just one of those projects on the back burner. Not high on the priority list at this point. Between the solo album which took allot of time the last couple years, the book he's been working on for awhile, plus touring with everclear, and the solo tours, the pledgemusic thing, let alone family time and dealing with MS. I hope it happens, I know he wants to, next year is gonna be busy with the SFAAM 20th world tour, but fingers crossed 30th anniversary coming up, could be surprised.
Cool. I don't know where I got the idea that the masters were gone then. He did say that he still wants to re-release it, so there's still hope yet!

User avatar
ddn12
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:09 pm
Location: Davidson, NC
Contact:

Re: Just saw Art solo.

Post by ddn12 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:10 am

I asked him about a Colorfinger re-release at the S&F 20th anniversary tour and he pretty definitively said he had no plans to do it. Hopefully he changes his mind - sounds like from these more recent comments its at least a possibility. I'll make sure to request a Colorfinger song in Durham.

Post Reply