Help from fellow Everclear fans

Anything and everything Everclear.

ekeown
Site Admin

Help from fellow Everclear fans

Post by ekeown » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:00 am

This is a little unusual, but I'm sure at least one of you can help. I don't want to get into any sort of political or vaccination debate, so please be respectful. I'll be getting my 2nd Moderna vaccination shot this Friday, and I'll still need two weeks after that for the vaccine to take full effect. In the meantime I still need to be safe for my family and myself. Unfortunately I've run out of an essential: hand sanitizer. I haven't been able to find any online or at the local stores, but I did find a recipe that seems pretty easy to follow, but I did have a question that I'm hoping at least one of you can answer.
Equipment:
Blender

Materials:
2 parts everclear
1 part aloe vera gel
24 drops Vitamin E Oil (optional)
24 drops Lavender or Tea Tree Oil (optional)

Instructions:
Wash all dry all utensils and tools and clean your work space with an all purpose bleach cleaner or something similar.
If using, add 24 drops of Vitamin E oil for softer hands.
If using lavender or tea tree oil add 24 drops of one or the other for smell.
Put all ingredients into a clean blender pitcher and blend for 60 seconds or until there are no chunks visible.
Pour into clean squeeze or pump bottles.

Notes
Always make sure all tools, bottles and work surfaces are very clean.
You can use a whisk and a mixing bowl instead of a blender. It's not as fast but will also work.
If you cannot locate 100% aloe vera gel try looking for sun burn treatment. Just make sure it doesn't have menthol or anything "cooling" in it and that it's still a gel, not a lotion.
My question for those who have used this or a similar recipe: how many and which Everclear CDs did you use? I assume you used CD because vinyl is much more expensive and tape cassettes would be much harder to find.

Thank you in advance!
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

Josh Santo

Re: Help from fellow Everclear fans

Post by Josh Santo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:04 am

God damnit lol. I'm sitting on a couple of extra bottles thanks to work and was just gonna send you one.

Frasbul

Post by Frasbul » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Happy April fools! Oh the good old days!
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

Rob

Post by Rob » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:26 pm

I tried a workaround of using a home-made burnt CD, but it didn't work. I guess generic knock off doesn't quite work for this

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:33 pm

So it seems to work but I think next time I'd make sure to blend at a more powerful setting and for longer so the CDs are ground up more finely. On the bright side at least this didn't burn since there wasn't any alcohol in the ingredients.

Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:14 am

ekeown wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:00 am
This is a little unusual, but I'm sure at least one of you can help. I don't want to get into any sort of political or vaccination debate, so please be respectful. I'll be getting my 2nd Moderna vaccination shot this Friday, and I'll still need two weeks after that for the vaccine to take full effect. In the meantime I still need to be safe for my family and myself. Unfortunately I've run out of an essential: hand sanitizer. I haven't been able to find any online or at the local stores, but I did find a recipe that seems pretty easy to follow, but I did have a question that I'm hoping at least one of you can answer.
Equipment:
Blender

Materials:
2 parts everclear
1 part aloe vera gel
24 drops Vitamin E Oil (optional)
24 drops Lavender or Tea Tree Oil (optional)

Instructions:
Wash all dry all utensils and tools and clean your work space with an all purpose bleach cleaner or something similar.
If using, add 24 drops of Vitamin E oil for softer hands.
If using lavender or tea tree oil add 24 drops of one or the other for smell.
Put all ingredients into a clean blender pitcher and blend for 60 seconds or until there are no chunks visible.
Pour into clean squeeze or pump bottles.

Notes
Always make sure all tools, bottles and work surfaces are very clean.
You can use a whisk and a mixing bowl instead of a blender. It's not as fast but will also work.
If you cannot locate 100% aloe vera gel try looking for sun burn treatment. Just make sure it doesn't have menthol or anything "cooling" in it and that it's still a gel, not a lotion.
My question for those who have used this or a similar recipe: how many and which Everclear CDs did you use? I assume you used CD because vinyl is much more expensive and tape cassettes would be much harder to find.

Thank you in advance!
You forgot to mention that you need to turn the mixer up to BOMBASTIC setting.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:57 am

My hands looked a little worse. Those CDs were hard to handle.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"