Almost 2 months to go till Everclears Release....

Anything and everything Everclear.

Wolfie23

Almost 2 months to go till Everclears Release....

Post by Wolfie23 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:30 am

http://www.pauseandplay.com/september2004.htm

Greatest Hits, gotta be!

So what does everyone think? Still think its going to stick to schedule? Like the last CD did. lol. Place ya bets.....NOW! hehe.

Just thought Id bring it up...again! lol

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:11 pm

I'm guessing that this is only a stab in the dark as to when/if it is coming out. Refresh my memory, but wasn't SMD on one of those lists for a November release... then a January, and it just kind of kept getting pushed back. I mean, I have the supposed release dates of the next Potter movie, X-men movie, and Star Wars movie, and various others; that doesn't mean I'll be seeing them then.... Of course, I could just be blathering on and it will come out on time. If it does, I will give the first person to ask a shiny new dime!

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:21 pm

yeah, but who knows, considering that this is just a greatest hits with only one new track if i'm correct (he did mention glorius will be on it, right?), and I don't think there is a lot of producing/creating involved with a compilation album. not to mention, with SMD, didn't art and capitol have a standoff for the album's first single? i don't think this date is gonna be extended, but then again i have horrible luck, so yeah.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:23 pm

Actually, SMD was slated for October, LF. THEN January. ;)

As for the article, the news would have been around right now. But you never know! :?
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

Copper

Post by Copper » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:55 pm

Obviously this is the cover album we've all heard so much about.

clearvampire

Post by clearvampire » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:25 pm

Actually, this is, most likely, the greatest hits. Eariler in the year, it was planned to be released in Fall 2004. Cant be the new everclear LP, thats too soon, and for the cover album, I doubt that's ever going to happen, and if it does, its not going to be for years.

Art says a lot of things. Remember the re-release of DITHOTBITS? Remember the "Awesome" DVD with all the everclear extras? Remember the remix of World of Noise? Remember the Art solo album?
yeah. Art always has these great ideas of everclear releases, but never goes through with them. He promised after the SMD touring that he would start on the re-release of the colorfinger LP and the DVD. Didnt happen. So I wouldnt count on the cover album.

But yes, this site is not a confirmed news site. It's a rumored based site. In 2002, it claimed SMD will be released on Oct. 8th, eventually a lot of sites posted Oct 8th was the confirmed date, Oct 8th rolled around and nothing happened. Pauseandplay.com takes both rumors and facts about release dates and posts it on their site.

But the greatest hits probably will have a late fall or winter release date. Art DOES plan on releasing it this year. But...then again...its Art. This year = probably next year.

:arrow: jordan
alive.

Paxil Rose

Post by Paxil Rose » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:41 pm

i believe that oct.8th (it was some october date) release date for SMD came directly from art's mouth in an interview with shag. so that wasn't just a rumor.

im interested in this new release, but I won't go out and buy it if it just has one or two new songs on it. 4 or 5 new songs... then we'll talk...

Copper

Post by Copper » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:13 pm

Just for the record, my "cover album" comment was sarcastic.

Colorfinger
Site Contributor

Post by Colorfinger » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:46 pm

clearvampire wrote:Actually, this is, most likely, the greatest hits. Eariler in the year, it was planned to be released in Fall 2004. Cant be the new everclear LP, thats too soon, and for the cover album, I doubt that's ever going to happen, and if it does, its not going to be for years.

Art says a lot of things. Remember the re-release of DITHOTBITS? Remember the "Awesome" DVD with all the everclear extras? Remember the remix of World of Noise? Remember the Art solo album?
yeah. Art always has these great ideas of everclear releases, but never goes through with them. He promised after the SMD touring that he would start on the re-release of the colorfinger LP and the DVD. Didnt happen. So I wouldnt count on the cover album.
The simple reason that all these great ideas were never put through is because they take too much effort, and as any everclear fan knows, Art hates making an effort. Most everclear fans do too, as do I. I hate putting effort into things that is why i'm going to stop typing right here.
the only thing worth listening to these days
http://www.myspace.com/mycontrolpanel

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:01 pm

clearvampire wrote:Art says a lot of things. Remember the re-release of DITHOTBITS? Remember the "Awesome" DVD with all the everclear extras? Remember the remix of World of Noise? Remember the Art solo album?
let's not forget his indie movie he wanted to make, a sexual comedy named "Aiming Low" if I'm not mistaken.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

clearvampire

Post by clearvampire » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:31 pm

Paxil Rose wrote:i believe that oct.8th (it was some october date) release date for SMD came directly from art's mouth in an interview with shag. so that wasn't just a rumor.

im interested in this new release, but I won't go out and buy it if it just has one or two new songs on it. 4 or 5 new songs... then we'll talk...
yeah, I think I remember that. You're right.
Copper wrote:Just for the record, my "cover album" comment was sarcastic.
Its hard to tell online. :? Sorry...hahahhaha.
alive.

CaseyinKC

Post by CaseyinKC » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:41 pm

Regardless of whether Art gets his act together for a september release or not, nothing will be released until the label says so -- and that means that everybody in the whole line has to give the project a go. It's possible that the suits at capitol will let this one fly under the radar, but a release that is announced just two months out for a major artist is just not likely!

A cousin of mine is a bigtime artist (thankfully not with capitol) and things are ALWAYS pushed back -- unless, of course, they are REALLY rushed. Art could even want to rush the project to get away from capitol that much quicker, but he is a perfectionist . . . .

If this is even based on any facts, I'm betting on around Feb. at earliest.

CaseyinKC

Post by CaseyinKC » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:45 pm

Paxil Rose wrote:im interested in this new release, but I won't go out and buy it if it just has one or two new songs on it. 4 or 5 new songs... then we'll talk...
I'll buy it -- even if just to read the liner notes. We have to support the man if we want to continue to hear new stuff. And yes, I am also a sheep.

Paxil Rose

Post by Paxil Rose » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:19 am

well... vol.1 sucked humungous balls and vol.2 and SMD were just okay, so im not so sure new stuff would be that great.

i did buy the new so much for the afterglow DVD audio, but thats not just the same quality songs put onto one CD. its remixed in DTS 6.1 (which my stereo wont even play so it does me alot of good, but just the PCM stereo does sound better on most songs)

twistinside666

ummmm ya

Post by twistinside666 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:56 am

well i don't have much to say about a GH release..but i liked Vol. 1...i know it was poppy and softer but i thought that a lot of the lyrics showcased better writing abilities, certrainly more personal ones than some of the songs on smfta and vol 2....all in all everything EC has done i like and is worthy of merit for certain things..