Almost 2 months to go till Everclears Release....

Anything and everything Everclear.

Unemployed Boyfriend

New stuff

Post by Unemployed Boyfriend » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:25 am

[quote="Paxil Rose"]well... vol.1 sucked humungous balls and vol.2 and SMD were just okay, so im not so sure new stuff would be that great.)

I have a feeling that his new stuff may turn you off. Going through another divorce will most likely mean more introspective songs about relationships gone awry. Being older and married, volume 1 came out at a time in my life where I was dealing with the same issue and consequently, it has some of my favorite songs.
It can come from out of nowhere. Hit you when your'e safe and warm.

Paxil Rose

Post by Paxil Rose » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:17 am

from what i remember from the lyrics they were pretty good. but they way that record sounded sucked ass.

infact i love the lyrics to most of the new songs, they just sound like shit. undrstand what im saying?

if the new stuff would be accoustic and stripped down from literally all those "bells and whistles", i would proobably like it alot more, even if it is not so rocky.

vondutchgirl

Post by vondutchgirl » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:44 pm

i think it'll be great ti her it, the greatest hits!!!! i really loved Volume 1, I haven't heard much after that though, so hearing greatest hits would be a treat. thanks
I love punk rock!!! I love Justin Timberlake and cute "punk rock" style guys. It's hot! It's the bomb!

grady

Post by grady » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:14 pm

:roll:
DON'T FAKE THE FUNK

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:27 am

Paxil Rose wrote:well... vol.1 sucked humungous balls
Please die.

Paxil Rose

Post by Paxil Rose » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:30 am

*drowns in his own tears*

LoserFreak
Board Man Whore

Post by LoserFreak » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:31 am

Paxil Rose wrote:*drowns in his own tears*
See? Wishes do come true.

becca0nh

Post by becca0nh » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:20 am

Paxil Rose wrote:if the new stuff would be accoustic and stripped down from literally all those "bells and whistles", i would proobably like it alot more, even if it is not so rocky.
The new stuff is just so overproduced. I agree w/ Paxil, and not just because he's a JCS fan :wink:

Lyrically, there's a bit of faux-angst going on, where an artist spends so much of their early career angry, and then tries to stay angry when they're not.

I look forward to anything new. Even if I don't love it. I'll totally buy the greatest hits.

I think if EC and Art solo wasn't so great live, it'd be harder to still love them. But they rock.

Jadedat22

Post by Jadedat22 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:17 am

I think I would ( within reason ) buy almost any CD / DVD Art puts out, if for no other reason than to support the continuation of his music.
Jaded and only 23

I think I'm gonna go back to the house in North Carolina and lay in the backyard, get drunk and let the leaves just bury me, bury me . . .

evergleamer

Post by evergleamer » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:28 pm

i had a dream about this last night. i was at some weird record store (sort of like the electronics section of a target store) and i found a greatest hits cd, and it came with a minidisc version of the cd. and then my mom wouldn't let me buy it. the album art looked awesome. it was like....i don't remember.

i wish that dream would come true. except for the mom part.
wow.

i'm done here.
moved on.
found better bands to waste my time on.

Jadedat22

Post by Jadedat22 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:40 pm

thats when being 22 and long out of your parants house comes in handy :)
Jaded and only 23

I think I'm gonna go back to the house in North Carolina and lay in the backyard, get drunk and let the leaves just bury me, bury me . . .

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:47 pm

Jadedat22 wrote:I think I would ( within reason ) buy almost any CD / DVD Art puts out, if for no other reason than to support the continuation of his music.
Yeah me too I think. Like the lyrics, like Art's voice. I could care less who is playing the instruments or whatever really.
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .