The Moral Dilemma.. anyone else waiting?

Anything and everything Everclear.

Seamus

Post by Seamus » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:01 am

So, as we all know, WttDC is on IRC for everyone to hear. Anyone else waiting until September? I've been considering it.. i mean.. Art would want the record to be heard when it's meant to be heard, and I figure that I respect the band enough to wait.. but.. but.. I COULD HEAR IT NOW!! :lol: so i'm not sure. I think i'm going to wait. Anyone else waiting?
.a lot less developing a niche, a lot more carving a rut.. www.mike-jennings.co.uk

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:55 am

I am personally going to wait....so yeah.

ezralite

Post by ezralite » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:50 am

blurg. I'm in the same boat. I was fine with the little samples until everybody started reviewing the album and now I really want to hear it. I'll wait though. It better be worth it!
Teameverclear...Rockers United

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:39 am

yeah, i am waiting too. i liked when somebody found the glorious demo online and then beautiful dream and almost instant karma live, and hater and broken from the everclear myspace.. but i think it's enough.

i will wait until i have my own personal WTTDC and i'll hear my album on my pc. i won't download it from the web.

i am personally curious about what are eric and chris's opinion on this topic... i don't know, but i think they both are waiting too.

attE: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:50 am

I am sure they are against it, I could care less if people do though as long as they are going to go out and buy the album when it comes out. I just don't want to hear it now and then not be all excited when it actually comes out, and in terms of moral dilemma....America has no morals anymore, just look around.

bob4775

Post by bob4775 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:57 am

I waited for So Much For The Afterglow, Learning How To Smile, Good Time For A Bad Attitude and Slow Motion DayDream. I can wait for this one too.

This board is divided in two halves, the haters and the waiters.

No im jking, just felt like I had to make that rhyme, I know it was lame, sorry :)
I Will Be Sittin' On Top When It All Goes Wrong Again.
---------------------------------------------------------------

EVERGIRL94

Post by EVERGIRL94 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:00 pm

I really thought about downloading it, because the clips on vh1 don't give you much. It's going to be a hard wait with everyone listening to it and going on and on about it! But I will try to hold out it's only 44 more days ARRGGGHH!
You make me hate what I see, when I see me.

If everything has been said and done, then why is nothing resolved or solved?

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:59 pm

moral dilemma? im gonna buy the album for sure the first minute its in the stores. hell ill probably buy two.

in fact ive bought at least 4 copies of SMFTA (myself and gifts). 2 copies of LHTS, 1 of GTFABA, 1 of SMD, 2 of WoN, and 2 of White trash hell.

so i dont think art would mind

HydrogenElf

Post by HydrogenElf » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:32 pm

Theres nothing wrong with downloading music and I did not hesitate to download this album. And i love it. And Ill buy it. So meh to you.
Oh, those sloppy tarts have sulphurized hearts.

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:37 pm

I'll never understand why you people are against downloading it if you're buying it anyways.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

MiseryWhippa

Post by MiseryWhippa » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:44 pm

waiting... i'd rather have the hard copy and let the excitment flow in september. as with other songs i've downloaded before buying an album i tend not to appreciate the songs as much.

SmashingClear

Post by SmashingClear » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:37 pm

im going to wait until September. It'll make listening to the album so much better.

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:40 pm

Sex can wait, masturbate.

Sounds A Lot Like Me

Post by Sounds A Lot Like Me » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:51 pm

so, ive enjoyed the debate over downloading or waiting for welcome to the drama club...

i just have this to say ...

the album comes out in september, when weather will likely begin to get cold.

since i downloaded the songs, ive since spent the past few beautiful days driving around with the window down, blasting the wonderful songs i thought id have to wait two more months to hear...

and im loving every minute of it. i can enjoy the sunshine, long drives, lonely nights this summer thriving in art's music.

and at this low point in my life, it definitely is something that has lifted my spirits when i really, desperately, needed something like that. sure, it sounds pathetic, but sometimes the simple things really do make a difference.

yes, i feel bad. i know what art thinks about downloading his music, and i remember that nasty (but understandable) note he wrote on everclearonline.com right after slow motion daydream was released ... where he said those who were complaining probably didnt pay for the album anyway.

clearly, that is a painful subject.

but, i will be buying welcome to the drama club when it does come out, and as i said before, i will be buying more than one copy for myself and copies for people who i want to hear their new music.

ive been hyping this new album for months now to everyone who will listen, so i think i can take some delight -- as a longtime everclear fan -- in enjoying the new songs a few weeks early.

but, that's just what i think. the people who rip these cds and never pay a cent for them, they are worthless people.

ive always been willing to pay for every piece of everclear ive gotten, and i always will.

but ... when you wake up hungry, you feed your obsession, right ???
i'm sick and tired of being held hostage by your psychotic delusions // everyone's competing for the most depressed life // and everyone is tainted by the broad brush of contempt

bob4775

Post by bob4775 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:43 pm

AAAH. I cant take this anymore. I gotta avoid this place.
I have no willpower at all, therefore. I crack to temptation real easily. I dont want to go and download it so, Im gonna not come here until it is actually out and I can get it. I will be back and ready to post in September, until then-

Bye Everyone :P
I Will Be Sittin' On Top When It All Goes Wrong Again.
---------------------------------------------------------------