The Moral Dilemma.. anyone else waiting?

Anything and everything Everclear.

greeneyes

Post by greeneyes » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:45 pm

I CAN'T wait for WTTDC comes out.....just from clips I've heard & things people have said I know I'm gonna love the CD. While I love the anticipation of the new album (& it's coming @ a perfect time, right after an insane wedding that I'm in).....I'm wondering if someone could pm me 'Portland Rain' & 'A Shameless Use of Charm'....I really can't wait to hear those songs off the album.
In response to the debate of whether to d/l the album now or wait & buy it.....I'm one of those people that doesn't buy a CD unless it has about 5 or 6 songs I like on it, I just download the songs I want.

Everclear15

Post by Everclear15 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:57 pm

wtf is irc
Everclear is the s***

LochNess

Post by LochNess » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:10 pm

Everclear15

Post by Everclear15 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:14 pm

can't someone make it so we can download it off h&h or any place thats not a pain in the ass to get without virus?
Everclear is the s***

Sounds A Lot Like Me

Post by Sounds A Lot Like Me » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:21 pm

i dont think anyone should really make it TOO easy to get these songs.

for those skilled enough to figure it out, the more power to them. i know shit about computers, but i spent 3 hours figuring out IRC. and trust me, i did things i didnt understand, and i probably would never be able to do them again if i tried.

i was in the moment, and i wanted those songs. and i wasnt going to stop.

so, if you can figure it out like i did, the songs are your prize. because, honestly, it would be pretty sad if the leak got out of control.
i'm sick and tired of being held hostage by your psychotic delusions // everyone's competing for the most depressed life // and everyone is tainted by the broad brush of contempt

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Its the truth, it really sounds like summer music. I'm undergoing a move at the mo, and what better way to relieve that stress that with a bit of Everclear.

The problem is that when the album does come out i'm gonna be less motivated to buy it streight away. Since its gonna be a hassle importing it to Japan. But then i remembered the oohlas album comes out round then too. And there aint no way thats gonna get downloaded before hand. I will just ship them both together. Problem solved. Roll on summer tunes.
When you find that things are getting wild
then don't you want days like these?

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:52 pm

I already handed out detailed instructions in crayon on how to download the cd. I also did a shadow puppet show, dramatically reenacting the process of aquiring this cd. If you are still clueless then you deserve to wait untill sept. sorry.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:13 pm

I'm waiting. i feel waaaay too guilty downloading it and I hate to spoil the surprise.

Those who HAVE downloaded it...what do ya think? :)
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

Sparkle_and_Fade0106

Post by Sparkle_and_Fade0106 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:17 am

I'm waiting....but im not going to get mad about anybody downloading it anyway as long as they buy it. I have a long library of downloaded songs, so i have no room to talk anyway. Downloading is good when you want like, 1 or 2 songs from a cd but not the whole thing

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:33 am

HydrogenElf wrote:Theres nothing wrong with downloading music and I did not hesitate to download this album.
The problem is the one who ripped that CD and the people that are promoting its download have already spoiled the surprise for everyone.

I'm SURE me and other people that are in my same situation wouldn't be so anxious to hear the album if we never knew that it was available via IRC. I'm happy i don't know how to use that shit, because otherwise i might have already downloaded it.

Downloading this album before its release is like buying a move that is still not in theaters. And when my friends talk about a movie they've already sawn and i have not, well, that f*cks me.

Whatever.

I've really had a hard time trying not to enter the topics where people talks about how they liked the album.
Sounds A Lot Like Me wrote:the album comes out in september, when weather will likely begin to get cold.

since i downloaded the songs, ive since spent the past few beautiful days driving around with the window down, blasting the wonderful songs i thought id have to wait two more months to hear...
weather gets cold here in Monterrey only two or three weeks on december and january, so i'll be able to blast the songs window down in september, october and maybe november too, without downloading the album illegally.
Sparkle_and_Fade0106 wrote:Downloading is good when you want like, 1 or 2 songs from a cd but not the whole thing

yeah that's true, and i'm not really against downloading the album before time, but in spoiling the surprise to everybody.

attE: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

Memphis Mafia

Post by Memphis Mafia » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:07 am

I just think it's more fun to wait. As for morals, to each their own. I don't really care what other people do - some people don't think it's that much fun to wait, some do.

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:27 am

I'll be waiting, personally. Anytime one of my die-hard favorite groups drops an album, I wait. I've heard "Hater", and "Broken". I think i'll stop there, and I'll wait 'till September.

Besides, the new Outkast album comes out next month...that'll tie me over. 8)

Skoobs

Post by Skoobs » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:15 pm

not much of a dilemma for me. I waited for the last albums, I can wait for this one. Anticipation makes it all the better for me

MattyP8711

Post by MattyP8711 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:23 pm

well, if i had IRC i might, but since i dont i dont feel like downloading it so i'm waiting.

the way the forums goin seems like everyones heard it already though.

Everclear15

Post by Everclear15 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:41 pm

I finally f****** got it hurray 50% complete took hours of my life but of course im still buying a copy. thanx for the help guys
Everclear is the s***