Set List for Columbia, MO show 9/30/2006

Anything and everything Everclear.

Restless Kind

Set List for Columbia, MO show 9/30/2006

Post by Restless Kind » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:34 pm

I had the good fortune of attending the Columbia, MO show last night at the Blue Note. Was a great time. I haven't seen a set list posted, so here is what they played:

1 Everything to Everyone
2 You make me feel like a wh*. re
3 Volvo Driving soccer mom
4 AM Radio
5 Hater
6 Portland Rain
7 Fire Maple Song
8 American Movie
9 Strawberry
10 A song I don't recall the name of, seems like it was an early song
11 Summerland
12 I will buy you a new Life
13 Father of Mine
14 Santa Monica

While they were setting up, the crowd chanted Everclear for a short bit. They came on at 1015 (right on time according to a discussion I had with someone on the staff before Jonny Lives went on), and they were still going at 1145. Art had everyone jumping around, had the crowd singing on 4-5 different songs (Father of Mine and Strawberry come to mind).

Had to leave when Santa Monica was finishing up, had a several hour drive back home as I had some stuff to get ready for work in the morning. I am sure there was an encore as the crowd was very, very into it (even though the venue was small). Terrific show, lot's of energy, Mizzou won vs Colorado earlier in the day so lot's of people were completely toasted by the time the opening act came on.

Speaking of which, the guy I sat next to had 3 pitchers of beer (by himself, not sure where he was putting it all) in the course of the show. He was already hammered before he ordered the first pitcher (prolly from the Mizzou game). He was a nice guy, but complained that it was taking too long for the show to start. As soon as the first act arrived, he immediately fell asleep! He slept on and off through all three acts, no small feat as it was LOUD in there :D I am sure this morning he is wondering why none of the acts ever showed up.

Opener was Jonny Lives, and second band was Big City Rock, both were pretty good, the drummer from Jonny Lives was entertaining to watch, he's a freakin robot. Both bands made mentions during the middle of their shows if the crowd was ready for Everclear to come on, and everytime Everclear was mentioned it was greeted loudly and enthusiastically by the crowd. The crowd was definitely there more for Everclear than the other 2 bands.

It was DEFINITELY worth the $20 admission. I would definitely catch it if the tour comes anywhere near you. I am hoping they add some dates and swing back this way again because I would be 1st in line to get tickets for another show.

Even though all the members save Art are new, the sound was spot on, very close to the original. I was afraid with everything new there would be some major tweaking with the hits, but not so. Overall, I think Art has a good core group of guys to carry on the tradition!

Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:45 pm

kinda surprising to see am radio, i didnt think they were much for playing that live at all?
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:16 pm

suprised they didnt play more new stuff....
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

evermatt

Post by evermatt » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:19 pm

what were some of the words to that song you can't remember?

LoopySparkle

Post by LoopySparkle » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:16 pm

Damn stupid work.....I tried so hard to get off for this show, needless to say, I didn't get to go....Looks like I missed a good one...
What in the hell do you want from me?

Stick Man

Post by Stick Man » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:45 pm

You can say whore.
In the game of chess you can never let an adversary see your pieces.