Raleigh, NC 06/02/07

Anything and everything Everclear.

everguitar

Raleigh, NC 06/02/07

Post by everguitar » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:37 am

The show was part of a concert series held downtown Raleigh for free supported by Bud Light. I met with a few friends from previous Everclear shows and we were up front the whole time. It was a pretty rough and drunk crowd. Up front, we could hardly hear the vocals, just loud instruments. I’m usually up front for all Everclear shows, and this is one of the few where I couldn’t really hear the vocals. The setlist was pretty good (not particularly in this order). E2E, Amphetamine, Father of Mine, Heroin Girl, YMMFLAW, Sunflowers, VDSM, AM Radio, White Men in Black Suits, Song from an American Movie, Brown-Eyed Girl, Portland Rain, Wonderful, Santa Monica, So Much for the Afterglow, Sweet Home Alabama (teaser), Fire Maple Song, I Will Buy You a New Life, Jenny.

First concert I’ve been to that they didn’t play Strawberry, quite surprising. I had my camcorder to tape the whole show, except it was drizzling the whole evening and my camcorder kept shutting off because of the rain. I only got in a few songs before I had to put it away, before it would damage my camcorder. I was quite disappointed since I had been planning on video taping for over a month now. What I did get, the video was awesome, but the audio was kinda how I described earlier from being so close. I’ll just know next time to stay further back.
-"Come'on now do that stupid dance for me"

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:51 pm

Thanks for the review! Are you going to post any of the videos online? :D
Stupid college boy, act like you think you're tough

everguitar

Post by everguitar » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:09 am

I probably will sometime. I'm not really sure where to post it since it's not a full show. Maybe I'll contact the person that posts torrents on his own site will host this for me. (The person that posted Breakfast with the Arts).

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:33 pm

everguitar wrote:I probably will sometime. I'm not really sure where to post it since it's not a full show. Maybe I'll contact the person that posts torrents on his own site will host this for me. (The person that posted Breakfast with the Arts).
That would be awesome! Thanks. :)
Stupid college boy, act like you think you're tough

chemical-smile

Post by chemical-smile » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:22 pm

I went to the show with my father (he loves everclear) but IU didnt wait in the long ass line in the rain to meet them. I wanted too, but my father wanted to go, hes getting old. I have sall the original members autographs so I guess its not too bad.

everguitar

Post by everguitar » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:24 am

We were up front for the whole show, despite the sorta rough crowd, and the drunks. We didn't wait in line either since I've met them a quadzillion times before and it was rainy. I got some pretty good pictures I'll try to post sometime.