The Vegas Years

Anything and everything Everclear.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:49 pm

SlowMotionTimmah wrote:It hasn't leaked yet because this is actually a belated april fools day joke.
I guess that means WTTDC was a belated April fools day joke too.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

kmk182

Leaks...

Post by kmk182 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:19 pm

If you want to hear it all you can listen to the samples with Art's quotes and most of us have all but 2 or 3 songs anyway. But it is funny that it hasn't gotten out there. Local H's new CD isn't out until May 13th and its been online for days now. Slow Motion Daydream was out on the web almost two months before its release wasn't it?

I guess Capitol figures if it sells well in the first few weeks then they'll put a little money into promoting it. But really, unless the guys are on a full scale tour, why promote it before its out? They'll probably market it more towards the older-easy listening type stations that play say Wonderful and play Rich Girl, and those people aren't going to mark their calendars for the release.

Raptorbite

Post by Raptorbite » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:31 pm

Ok, I was just thinking, we are down to the final hours of waiting for this new Album... Do you think there is a chance of a hidden track? I sure do hope so. They are always keen on putting in that extra song at the end of the last track, and I dont see why they wouldn't do it here. ;)
Man..... I really need na better Sig.

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:48 pm

I dont think so, but Far Away Eyes would be sweet.... Either way they should have put that as a cover on this album.

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:29 am

worldofnoise wrote:
SlowMotionTimmah wrote:It hasn't leaked yet because this is actually a belated april fools day joke.
I guess that means WTTDC was a belated April fools day joke too.
If you're implying WTTDC didn't leak you are wrong. It leaked MONTHS before the release.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:31 am

i think this is a first -- i finally disagree with you, EverclearGTFABA. I hope this won't ruin our plans for a long-lasting plural marriage....

"Far Away Eyes" is too good a song for Art to fuck up. No offense to Art, because I do love the guy, really I do. But c'mon. *Something* has to be set aside out of respect to its original singer. I'm sorry, but nobody should be allowed to cover that song. Mick is the only one that was meant to sing it -- that's why it's such a funny song! Mick, in all his Britishness, twanging his ass off?! Gawd. I've listened to Art's covers, and everyone here knows I am not going to be a fan of this "new" EC album. But if "FAE" is a hidden track on this insipid release, I will personally sue Art for undisclosed damages to my psyche. 8)

Seriously...ANY song but that one. It's sacred -- and I'm not even a Rolling Stones fan! :lol:
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 am

I definitely see your point there.

When I think of Everclear covers I immediately think of Brown Eyed Girl and the Boys are Back in Town. Now, in my opinion, these are absurdly terrible cover songs and both come off as very cheesy and overdone. I really liked the acoustic Far Away Eyes live, and thought that there should be at least one solid cover on this God-forsaken album.

But I agree that some things are better left alone.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:21 am

let the plural marriage resume! :wink:

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:21 am

No hidden tracks. acoustic "live" version of Brown Eyed Girl is good.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:43 pm

The cd itself is pretty cool looking in my opinion, also I love how the pictures of Greg and Craig on the booklet back cover are more or less blured out but that they still acknowledge them....just a couple things I have noticed thus far.

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Oh I forgot to mention Art uses "lol" when talking about Brown Eyed Girl.

Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 pm

i picked up the album today, they only had one copy left or maybe they only ordered one, im hoping the first.
like most everyone i already had a majority of the songs on this, but i had to pick it up to support the band and get the few i didnt. i think "kicks" is probablly my fav, my parents listened to the oldies when i grew up and this is just a great rocking cover of this song. its great also to have "jenny" now, the first time i heard them play it live i thought it would be great to have it on cd, so this worked out well. to me it almost like the verses were recorded in studio and then dubbed in with a live chorus though, sounds great though either way. probabbly my least fav is the "land of the lost" cover, just not that great of a song to cover in the first place, so its hard to make it sound good to begin with.
id have to say for a cover album its really pretty good, im not always high on a band doing an all covers album but this turned out really well. the song selection is so verying, and diverse to a point.
i love the pic of the new everclear with a pic of the old everclear above them, very nice little tribute if you will. hopefully this will lead to some touring, but im really more interested in another full studio album.
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

SmashingClear

Post by SmashingClear » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:04 pm

I forgot how much i liked Bad Connection.
Thank God Art decided to release a CD of cover songs. Now if I want to hear a cover song I don't have to search for it.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:34 pm

SmashingClear wrote:Thank God Art decided to release a CD of cover songs.
:shock:

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:41 pm

stupid happy wrote:
SmashingClear wrote:Thank God Art decided to release a CD of cover songs.
:shock:

:lol:

I went to go buy it today and they only had about five. For all my bitching and moaning and groaning about it, its actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

And the picture of the new everclear with the tiny blurred picture of the old everclear above them made me laugh very hard.

Gotta support 'em right?