Art Hates H&H

Anything and everything Everclear.

stupid happy

Art Hates H&H

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:09 pm

I logged on to the live chat just in time to hear Art rant about how much he hates this site. Eric, you're a good kid, but he hates this place and wishes it would go away.

:?

oh.
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Are you serious?
Why would he hate it?
I f**king love this band.
And anyone that doesn't is, quite frankly, a c*nt. - Ginger / The Wildhearts

Femaldihide

Post by Femaldihide » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:27 pm

what exactly did he say?

I find this hard to believe because it's been the only everclear site around while they were going through the changes.

Evidence please?

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:35 pm

i'm sure others will be happy to tell you about it. OR, you can go online right now and ask him yourself...again.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Silver Ginger wrote:Are you serious?
Why would he hate it?
he said that everybody on the site doesn't know him or his band, and they get on there and argue all the time and start rumors, and he hates the site...likes Eric, but has made no secret of his hatred of Hungry & Hollow (the original question was, "when are you going to post on Hungry and Hollow?").

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah. I wasn't able to get on right away, but damn. Did you find out who exactly asked that question?
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Art also just said that this summer, he's going to be releasing the Colorfinger stuff, and we can download it for $10.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:41 pm

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth wrote:Yeah. I wasn't able to get on right away, but damn. Did you find out who exactly asked that question?
nope...i *literally* got on there to hear him read the question, and say "NEVER" to the "when will you post on H&H" question...and then he went on a minute-long rant about how much he hates H&H....

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:44 pm

Why do I have a feeling it could be a lesser known board member or someone who has been lurking around here for a while?

I can hardly believe he said that, but at the same time, I can see why. Maybe it is time for us to re-evaluate ourselves and try and be rumor-free.

Obviously, we must have done something wrong as board in general to receive such criticism from Art himself.
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:46 pm

he was *really * adamant in his answer. he's still on -- log on and yak. he's got the whole band now -- in the beginning, it was just him.

but yeah, he hates H&H. i think that's today's headline -- at least it is for those of us who gather here. i was sad to hear that, particularly since Eric, Chris and all the mods have really given a lot of their time and energy to his band. very disappointing.

Raptorbite

Post by Raptorbite » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Well being a longtime, hardcore Everclear fan, I have to admit, when I joined these boards a couple months ago, I was expecting to interact with great fans like myself where I could talk about the band I love and always want to hear more of and support.

It didn't take long before I saw more bickering and complaining than support of the band. I mean the negativity I wittiness made me think.. Wait, this is a FAN site? Not very Fan-like to dis there beloved band...

I will always buy their stuff, good or bad. Personally, I don't think there is one bad song by Everclear, but hey, Maybe I'm just blindly dedicated. Who knows. Hell, even Led Zeppelin had their hits and misses...

I do think its quite a shame that Art said that, but hey, I can see where he's coming from. He's right about the arguing, and I Ive seen alot of false rumors pop up too. I will always try to be a firm member of this board and hope that I can do what i can to support the band and community, but I will not stand and spread false rumors or flat out hate on the band.

I love it all to much to bring it down! 8-)
Man..... I really need na better Sig.

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Art likes me, so apparently it's everyone else that is the problem. Keep it up and everyone will be banned! :lol:
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

kmk182

Post by kmk182 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:09 pm

Art said Drama Club was his favorite cd in the chat; being that it was such a personal record and a pain in the ass to get out - I can see that being a lot of the problem. I personally wouldn't want to know what people are saying behind my back.

kmk182

Post by kmk182 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:10 pm

ekeown wrote:Art likes me, so apparently it's everyone else that is the problem. Keep it up and everyone will be banned! :lol:
Can I just go on the record and say "Jesus Was a Liberal" is a horrible song, worse than "Hater?" Just kidding.

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Eric was on and tried to ask about Art not liking this site. Art either didn't read his comment fast enough, or ignored it. All we got was the original hate for H&H.

and Raptor, i think it's a real shame that your take on this site has been overwhelmingly negative. i've been a member here -- obviously, if you look at the number of my posts! -- for a long, long time. most of the people here have known each other for a *long* time, and several of us have met up at EC shows and have traveled with each other. there are people here that talk offline about their lives and other things going on with them, and there are countless friendships that have taken place, as a result of Eric's dedication to this site, and to Everclear.

so, for me, Art's comments were really sad. it makes me angry that he can't be grateful or happy about the fact that there are fans who choose to gather in communities other than www.everclearonline.com (which has been inactive more than it has been active in recent years) -- and i am more than disappointed by his comments.

honestly, if i were Eric, i'd take this site down tonight...but he won't do that, because he actually gives a shit about this place, and us. clearly, Art does not.

a shame, really.

wow, i think i'm done with Everclear...imagine that. :cry: