19/04/08 - San Antonio Show (Cien's first show :D)

Anything and everything Everclear.

cien_bolas

19/04/08 - San Antonio Show (Cien's first show :D)

Post by cien_bolas » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:55 pm

I have to be working right now, so i will be as fast as i can.

I had a great time this saturday at San Antonio.

After many hours of trying to reach the place Everclear was going to have the show, i got in there, and waited like fifteen minutes for the show to start.

It was awesome! I had never seen them live before, but i have watched tons of videos and it was exactly as i thought it was going to be. The songlist was as follows:

1. Everything to Everyone
2. Amphetamine
3. Father of Mine
4. Heroin Girl
5. Father of Mine
6. The Boys Are Back In Town
7. Portland Rain
8. Song From an American Movie Pt. 1
9. Rich Girl
10. Brown Eyed Girl (Acoustic)
11. (?)
12. Summerland
13. A.M. Radio
14. Wonderful
15. Santa Monica
16. I Will Buy You a New Life
17. Jenny

The 11th song i couldn't decihper which it was; i only remember before they started singing Art said something about the Rolling Stones. Maybe it was some cover i haven't heard before.

I recorded every song, and video recorded Heroin Girl, The Boys Are Back in Town, and Rich Girl, but the songs and video's sound quality sucks hard.

There were like one or two hundred people there; i was really close to the front, but the people i was with were quite quiet and only sang songs like FOM, Santa Monica and IWBYANL. However i saw a little group at the very front of Art jumping and singing every song, i wished i could be with them too.

At the middle of the show, Art said they would be giving out autographs and taking pictures with everyone wanting to, so i waited after the show and only wanted a picture (i had nothing for him to autograph; the hoodies they were selling were ridiculously expensive ($40) and i hadn't that much money by the time...) and greet Art telling him i was Cien, from H&H.

Art was taking pictures with everybody, but quite fast, i don't know why, maybe he and crew wanted to go or something. I never saw Art standing to take a picture with a fan; most fans had to lower down and take a picture with him.

When i reached him, i told him i was Cien from H&H, and immediately he stood up and shaked hands. He was very surprised and asked me if i was Ladislao (haha thanks for that Eric) and i said yes. He told me Eric spoke to him about me. He also said he reads every comment i post in ECO or in myspace, and that he was aware of me.

I was going to tell him how cool i have always thought his glasses are, but i forgot it completely.

He turned and said the other members of the band, "hey, look, this guy came all over from Mexico just to see our show, he is our biggest fan in Mexico".

When Sam, Josh, Brett and Davey heard that they were very surprised too, and Josh said "FUCK YOU" in spanish, of course he was joking, maybe letting me know that was the only spanish phrase he could say :lol:

I told Art it took me 7 hours on the bus to reach San Antonio; he asked me if it was worth it and i said ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

Art then asked me if i had someone to take me pictures and i said yes; he told me i had to take a group picture and i did.

Sadly, there was another girl taking pictures and i believe she took a picture right when i was been taken it, that's why sam and josh looked in another direction...

Right after that i asked him if i could take a picture with him alone and he said yes.

After that, Art yelled to the person that was in charge of selling the hoodies and told him i have come all over from Mexico, and told him to give me whatever i wanted. The guy told me he was giving me a white hoodie. He also told me to give it to the band so they would sign it to me, but i was very nervous for what was happening and didn't understand what he was saying; by that time a girl that was behind me in the row started shaking hands with Art and the band.

The guy that gave me the hoodie saw there were a lot of people waiting to meet the band, so he asked the guy that was next to give me a chance, that i was coming from Mexico just to see them and the guy then let me go in front of him. Art and crew signed me the hoodie then.

I knew that was the last seconds of me being with the band, so i told Art it was a very good show. I also told him i looked for TVY all day but couldn't find it (true), and he told me something about that but i didn't understand him and didn't ask him to repeat it. I told the band they rocked, and that i was going to go to any show they would make in Texas, specially Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. They smiled and i shaked hands with everyone.

It was a great experience, and i felt very good for that.

Every person that knows me here in Mexico, knows i love EC and how much i wanted to see them live; when i told them how Art treated me and that he gave me a 40 dollars hoodie, they got all surprised.

I thank Art for his great treatment, and also Eric, for telling him how my name was spelled :lol:

Thank you everyone here at H&H!!

attE: cien_bolas

pd- now, back to work :?
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:18 pm

thats awesome cien, congrats. im glad you had such a great time and finally got to see everclear live. thanks for the set list, and the pics. it was great to hear that art took time for you and even gave you a hoodie and made sure everyone signed it for you. im sure you are riding on cloud nine right now so enjoy it buddy, glad you got to experience this.
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:35 pm

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you.

Just so you know, and this should make you feel even better, I told Art that a big fan was coming all the way from Monterrey, Mexico to see Everclear for the first time after many years of being a fan, Before I could tell Art your name, he asked me if it was Ladislao. He even described to me what you look like, and said you write him on Myspace. He said he was surprised that you didn't write him to say you were going to see the band. So, all I did was tell Art you were coming, he knew who you were, and was very happy to hear that you were finally able to see them.

BTW, the 11th song is a Rolling Stones cover called Far Away Eyes.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:37 pm

as you can see, we've all been very anxious to hear all about your trip! i've got the BIGGEST smile on my face right now, having read that! i'm SO GLAD you had a great time, Cien!!!! and it was VERY cool of Art to give you a hoodie and make sure you were taken care of...THAT'S the Art we know and love!

the expression on Art's face in the first photo is CLASSIC -- was that the moment that you were meeting him?

awesome, pal. congratulations on what will be, i'm sure, a day you will never forget! :D
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Good for you man, glad you got to do that...too bad Art couldn't have somehow hooked you up with a copy of TVY, but thats great about the hoodie and getting to meet the band. I guess it proves Art isn't a complete asshole. So did you just float back to Mexico on Cloud 9? What an experience and glad you shared it with us. Glad you got to live out a dream!

SmashingClear

Post by SmashingClear » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:01 pm

The first live experience is always unbelieveable.
It's great that you finally got to see them.
Great shirt by the way :wink:

ekeown
Site Admin

Re: 19/04/08 - San Antonio Show (Cien's first show :D)

Post by ekeown » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:09 pm

cien_bolas wrote: Image
I love the matching glasses. If you had bleach blond hair, you could pass for the Mexican Art Alexakis.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm

hehe, it looks like Art might've spilled some pre-concert food on his shirt. :shock:
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

cien_bolas

Re: 19/04/08 - San Antonio Show (Cien's first show :D)

Post by cien_bolas » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:32 pm

ekeown wrote:I love the matching glasses. If you had bleach blond hair, you could pass for the Mexican Art Alexakis.
:lol:

I really was thinking, "i gotta say him how cool his glasses look, i gotta say him how cool his glasses look".... and i completely forgot about it haha

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:02 pm

It's too bad that Cien isn't giving us the full story about his experience at the show...I had a friend who was there, and he just sent me this:

Eric
Hungry & Hollow

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:23 pm

i wonder why i didn't even think you were going to photoshop me XDDDDD

:lol:

great picture though :lol:

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:32 pm

cien_bolas wrote:i wonder why i didn't even think you were going to photoshop me
Photoshop!?! What!?! How dare you!
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

EverclearGTFABA

Post by EverclearGTFABA » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:58 pm

oh man that is so cool. also very nice of art to give you that hoodie, apparently he's not so bad after all. :lol:

congrats man.

Silver Ginger

Post by Silver Ginger » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Wow Cien that's brilliant, I'm really pleased for you. :D
I f**king love this band.
And anyone that doesn't is, quite frankly, a c*nt. - Ginger / The Wildhearts

TheGoodWitchoftheNorth
Site Contributor

Post by TheGoodWitchoftheNorth » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:31 pm

Whoo hoo! Cien finally got to meet Art & co.! I'm glad you had a good time, man. ^.^
~Elizabeth

"The goal of the emerging scholar is to write books, sell millions, and change the paradigms of the world." ~ Dr. C.D. Oliver on the first day of RELST 251 Fall 2007