What Song Would You Make a Video of

Anything and everything Everclear.

Hoponpop

What Song Would You Make a Video of

Post by Hoponpop » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:52 pm

Everclears got some 17 music videos, if you could choose what song to do a video of, (dosent have to be off Slowmotion Daydream) what would it be and how would it generally look: for example-

Happy Hour, i always imagine a video as Art sitting at a bar and and the bartender and everyone else are just other Arts~~~~either that or TV Show, becouse in that he describes himself doing so many physical things (driving on the freeway, walking in the market, coming home) i dont know if that made any sense to anyone but i always wondered what other people imagined songs to be

stickyinsidePDX

Post by stickyinsidePDX » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:41 pm

crysathamum(sp?) because its so emotional and i can see him looking through the fence at the apartment building at kids playing and all the stuff that people left on the fence. and maybe some media coverage too. although it is a short song, they so mix it to make it longer or something. that would be cool

Post by 1975 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:59 pm

I would make a video of Malevolent, It would be a very low lit video. Art and a girl are at a bar, and when Art says "don't worry about me, I don't want to be friends" you see her lipping it in the bar and walking away. Going back to her home, cries and you see a flashback of her abusive boyfriend, and at the very end of the song, after you hear "just leave me alone, just leave me alone" you see art come in and hug her. I think it would be a very emotional video.
Yeah I hear the hum in my ear.....it keeps me awake sometimes.....Why do you have to be sloppy drunk just to say I am your friend

T-bone 24

Post by T-bone 24 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:38 pm

awesome idea for malevolent. that's my fav of WON. i would like a video for queen of the air just following what the song is singing.
"I'll catch you cats on flip flop!"--Dewey Finn, School of Rock

"Show them no fear, show them no pain"--The Mercenary--- Iron Maiden

"A daily dose of MTV will flush your mind right down the drain"---Just let me Breathe---Dream Theater

Everkid4

Post by Everkid4 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:53 am

great question... for every everclear song i make a little video in my head..but i htink a beautiful life would be an awesome video... i picture art getting out of bed in a tiny dingy apartment and u only see his shadow because the sun is rising behind him and he tries to wake up his girl but shes not in the mood so he makes some coffee and walks along the beach just thinking.... i dont something along the lines of that...oh and this is kind of out of place but i thought it was awesome that art says freeway haha... everyone around here always yells at me for saying free way...they all say expressway... i dont know i just thought it was cool art said it like me...sorry i know that was lame to add but it just popped in my head
<3*$ Marie

evermatt

Post by evermatt » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:55 am

I used to make little videos in my head with every song I heard....but now I listen to my music in the car and can't do it anymore because I got really into it once and didn't pay attention to the road...anyway here are mine.

Unemployed Boyfriend-it would do just what the song says and would have some comical scenes in it because of where it takes place.

Pale Green Stars - It would start off when a tight pan of pale green stars on a ceiling in a bedroom. Then it would show Art singing w/o instruments, just standing in the house, singing. Then at the part where it goes "the stars might shine" it would show them glowing. "Skinny little girl in her room alone", would show the little girl sitting on her bed playing and talking to herself with Art looking over her. Then it would go through scenes of other lines like "it's hard on a girl when...". Then at the "daddy's going away" parts it would show Art kneeling in front of the girl and saying "daddy's going away". Then it would show Art and his wife fighting and the girl crying and then going to her room and closing the door. Then at the "it's hard on a grown man" part it would show the girl at the window from the outside into the house, crying and banging on the window and mouthing the word "daddy". At the second "daddy's going away" it would show his wife saying the words. Then it would show Art driving away, also crying. Then at the final part where he repeats "she's got pale green stars" it would do another tight pan of the stars and end with the little girl lying on her bed and show a single tear roll down her cheek.

What do you guys think about that one? I'll put more up here if I think about them, but Pale Green Stars is one they should've made a video too.

Post by 1975 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:12 am

well technically a freeway is a freeway because taxes pay for it, and there aren't any tolls, a highway, expressway, tollway, parkway, turnpike, etc are all pay for. Out west there are a lot of freeways, in the east, more highways, expressways, and turnpikes, which have to be payed for. But if yer used to calling em freeways, then it's an easy mistake.
Yeah I hear the hum in my ear.....it keeps me awake sometimes.....Why do you have to be sloppy drunk just to say I am your friend

Mr Vaughan

Post by Mr Vaughan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:42 am

evermatt wrote: Pale Green Stars - It would start off when a tight pan of pale green stars on a ceiling in a bedroom. Then it would show Art singing w/o instruments, just standing in the house, singing. Then at the part where it goes "the stars might shine" it would show them glowing. "Skinny little girl in her room alone", would show the little girl sitting on her bed playing and talking to herself with Art looking over her. Then it would go through scenes of other lines like "it's hard on a girl when...". Then at the "daddy's going away" parts it would show Art kneeling in front of the girl and saying "daddy's going away". Then it would show Art and his wife fighting and the girl crying and then going to her room and closing the door. Then at the "it's hard on a grown man" part it would show the girl at the window from the outside into the house, crying and banging on the window and mouthing the word "daddy". At the second "daddy's going away" it would show his wife saying the words. Then it would show Art driving away, also crying. Then at the final part where he repeats "she's got pale green stars" it would do another tight pan of the stars and end with the little girl lying on her bed and show a single tear roll down her cheek.
That would be the same as mine, except that I would include dancing penguins and an A-Team montage.
Mr Vaughan has spoken

sdilley14

Post by sdilley14 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:39 am

Unemployed Boyfriend
Learning How To Smile
Amphetimine
Overwhelming maybe
TV Show
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

stupid happy

Post by stupid happy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:49 pm

'my sexual life.'

heh.
Stupid happy with everything....
Yeah, I'm a crack-smoking board cougar nun. You got a problem with that?

Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! OOOOOOOOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOWWWW!

the one and only j

Post by the one and only j » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:22 pm

Mr Vaughan wrote: That would be the same as mine, except that I would include dancing penguins and an A-Team montage.
The A-Team rules!!! Especially the spanish dubs they used to show every weekend over on local TV here.
lalala I killed you

plight

Post by plight » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:56 am

'You Make Me Feel Like A Whore'

I would use Jenna Jameson, Richard Dawson dressed as Satan, midgets, monkeys and pyrotechnics for this video.
*holds an envelope to his head*
I am thinking of a number between 1 and 10.
*opens an envelope*
What is the amount of CDs Tri-Polar will actually sell and not give away as freebies.

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:25 am

I'd make a video of Brown Eyed Girl.

I don't really care what content the video has, as long as it features a scene of Van Morrison being brutally executed.

AnnieSparkle

Post by AnnieSparkle » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:13 pm

I always thought "Thrift Store Chair" could be a good video. The lyrics are pretty detailed.

LithiumWontDoitAnymore

Post by LithiumWontDoitAnymore » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:30 pm

Dylan wrote:I'd make a video of Brown Eyed Girl.

I don't really care what content the video has, as long as it features a scene of Van Morrison being brutally executed.
they did make a video for brown eyed girl. it consisted of Art stalking his sister.
The tires are the things on your car that make contact with the road.