Everclear To Record The October 15 show in Seattle

Anything and everything Everclear.

JuanCarlosVejar

Everclear To Record The October 15 show in Seattle

Post by JuanCarlosVejar » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

true !
the boys will record a show after a long time !

here the info

http://columbiacity.komonews.com/conten ... ty-theater

let's hope Art tries to do some rare songs ( i'm probably dreamin' though!)

cheers

Summerland13

Re: Everclear To Record The October 15 show in Seattle

Post by Summerland13 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:23 pm

wonder when this is gonna come out??
Insane And Rising In My Own Weird Way - everclear

JuanCarlosVejar

Post by JuanCarlosVejar » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 am

Summerland13 wrote:wonder when this is gonna come out??
:) let's just be thankful Art even felt like recording a show !
never in 1000 years would i have thought he would record live
more so becuase he stated during in a different light interviews he hated live records :S

Josh Santo

Post by Josh Santo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:46 am

Who wants to bet it has the same setlist as IADL?

Frasbul

Post by Frasbul » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:46 pm

I guess the setlist is going to be something like this:

1. Santa Monica
2. Heartspark Dollarsign
3. So much for the Afterglow
4. Brown Eyed Girl
5. A.M. Radio
6. Portland Rain
7. Volvo Driving Soccer Mom
8. You make me feel like a Whore

I CANNOT fucking listen to another version of SM. Please Art, don't do this to us!
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Frasbul wrote:I guess the setlist is going to be something like this:

1. Santa Monica
2. Heartspark Dollarsign
4. Brown Eyed Girl
5. A.M. Radio
6. Portland Rain

I CANNOT fucking listen to another version of SM. Please Art, don't do this to us!
Santa Monica will be on every live album / show they play. This is what they are known for ultimately, and Art has mentioned many times, "don't bite the hand that feeds you", meaning this is what the paying customer wants to hear. Quite frankly, I agree with him. If you go to an EC show nowadays, hearing the hits makes it more enjoyable of a show, because 90% of the people there will identify with them (SM, FOM, Wonderful, IWBYANL, etc). I just hope we can get a nice mix of other songs from various albums to compliment them
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

"This is where I want to be Now"

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:16 pm

I will rest in peace if for a struck of magic he includes Local God in the playlist...

atTE: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

Rob

Post by Rob » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Josh Santo wrote:Who wants to bet it has the same setlist as IADL?
i am thinking this is the truth
maybe w/o fire maple song and here comes the darkness, though

i HOPE it's not
but i think it is.

i wish sunflowers will be on it

JuanCarlosVejar

Post by JuanCarlosVejar » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Rob wrote:
Josh Santo wrote:Who wants to bet it has the same setlist as IADL?
i am thinking this is the truth
maybe w/o fire maple song and here comes the darkness, though

i HOPE it's not
but i think it is.

i wish sunflowers will be on it
i think Art could surprise us with something completly different
maybe he could do sunflowers ,sparkle (acoustic) , white men in black suits , california king , or even bring a banjo and do Why i don't believe in GOd
( i know i'm probably dreamin' though) , at the end of the day would be nice to hear ! , and pale green stars . i'd love for him to do your arizona room ! !!

this is just a dream probably.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Frasbul wrote:I guess the setlist is going to be something like this:

1. Santa Monica
2. Heartspark Dollarsign
4. Brown Eyed Girl
5. A.M. Radio
6. Portland Rain

I like Santa Monica, but if that's the setlist then:

1. That's way too short.
2. Do we really want to hear most of those songs over others?
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

Memphis Mafia

Post by Memphis Mafia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:44 am

Hey all,
I got back from the show a little while ago. Frasbul's set wasn't too far off the mark. They played all those songs except Heartspark Dollarsign, plus a few others: I Will Buy You A New Life, Father of Mine, Everything to Everyone, White Men in Black Suits, Heroin Girl, Song from an American Movie pt. 1, Amphetamine, Wonderful, and their classic rock medley. I think that was it.... I didn't take notes or anything, so I may have forgotten something, but that looks about right.

Art's solo set was 20-30 minutes and consisted of: I Will Buy You A New Life, Father of Mine, Santa Monica, Strawberry, Loser Makes Good. Again, I might have forgotten a song, but I think that was it.

All in all, I thought everyone looked and sounded great. This was my first time seeing the (mostly) new band, and I was pretty impressed. They've got good chemistry and strong stage presence. This was a great venue for them, too - it was kind of small (it holds 350, if I heard correctly) and the room was only about as wide as the stage, so we were all packed in pretty well. And if this show was any indication, I believe it when Art says the next record will be more rock focused. I just hope the songs are good...

Art was as charismatic as always. My favorite thing he said:
(during Loser Makes Good) "Anybody go to college or university?" (a bunch of people raise their hands) "You smartass college fuck!"
He also mentioned that he wrote Loser Makes Good about Ronald Reagan. News to me.

I was a bit surprised by the age of most of the people there. The average age seemed to be around 30-40. This was a 21+ show, so maybe that accounts for the lack of younger people, but I still didn't see many who were in their early twenties. It makes sense that the average age of the fans is increasing, but it's odd to actually see that change in person.

As long as all the technical stuff worked properly, I think that this should be a pretty great recording. If anyone has a question about something I didn't mention, I'll do my best to answer it.

yourstupidgame

Post by yourstupidgame » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Did Art actually mention anything about the recording during the concert?
and
Were there video cameras there?

Alex

JuanCarlosVejar

Post by JuanCarlosVejar » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Memphis Mafia wrote:Hey all,
I got back from the show a little while ago. Frasbul's set wasn't too far off the mark. They played all those songs except Heartspark Dollarsign, plus a few others: I Will Buy You A New Life, Father of Mine, Everything to Everyone, White Men in Black Suits, Heroin Girl, Song from an American Movie pt. 1, Amphetamine, Wonderful, and their classic rock medley. I think that was it.... I didn't take notes or anything, so I may have forgotten something, but that looks about right.

Art's solo set was 20-30 minutes and consisted of: I Will Buy You A New Life, Father of Mine, Santa Monica, Strawberry, Loser Makes Good. Again, I might have forgotten a song, but I think that was it.

All in all, I thought everyone looked and sounded great. This was my first time seeing the (mostly) new band, and I was pretty impressed. They've got good chemistry and strong stage presence. This was a great venue for them, too - it was kind of small (it holds 350, if I heard correctly) and the room was only about as wide as the stage, so we were all packed in pretty well. And if this show was any indication, I believe it when Art says the next record will be more rock focused. I just hope the songs are good...

Art was as charismatic as always. My favorite thing he said:
(during Loser Makes Good) "Anybody go to college or university?" (a bunch of people raise their hands) "You smartass college fuck!"
He also mentioned that he wrote Loser Makes Good about Ronald Reagan. News to me.

I was a bit surprised by the age of most of the people there. The average age seemed to be around 30-40. This was a 21+ show, so maybe that accounts for the lack of younger people, but I still didn't see many who were in their early twenties. It makes sense that the average age of the fans is increasing, but it's odd to actually see that change in person.

As long as all the technical stuff worked properly, I think that this should be a pretty great recording. If anyone has a question about something I didn't mention, I'll do my best to answer it.

you forgot Am radio , here's a video of it on youtube
Art sounded good judging by this clip :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7VaVmyVT8

JuanCarlosVejar

Post by JuanCarlosVejar » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:14 am

yourstupidgame wrote:Did Art actually mention anything about the recording during the concert?
and
Were there video cameras there?

Alex
I don't know if he said it at the concert but here is a clip where Art And Davey perform FOM and later state that the show will be recorded and videptaped.

Davey sounded great on the harmonies id i may say so !

http://www.king5.com/new-day-northwest/ ... 92029.html

Memphis Mafia

Post by Memphis Mafia » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:57 am

I think everyone there already knew that the show was being recorded, but yes, Art did make it clear at the beginning. Not to spoil the magic of the final product or anything, but they did have to restart Portland Rain (I wasn't entirely sure why), and they ended up playing So Much for the Afterglow and Heroin Girl twice (again, not sure why - I think it was something on the recording side of things. There weren't any terrible mistakes and everything sounded fine.).

There were several video cameras present. At least a couple were mixed in with the crowd, and I think they had one on either side of the venue and one in the back. There were a couple photographers, too (including one who looked exactly like Axl Rose) - not sure if they were regular media/Everclear guys or if they were snapping shots specifically for the CD/DVD.

I didn't include AM Radio in my list because Frasbul put it on his/her original list. It's been about 3 years since I last saw the band, so I don't know if this version of AM Radio (the one in the YouTube clip) is how they've been doing it, or if they worked it out like that just for this show. Either way, I think it worked really well. I like the original recording, but this has a sound that I think is fairly unique for an Everclear song.