Hard Rock Denver 4/20

Anything and everything Everclear.

Rock

Hard Rock Denver 4/20

Post by Rock » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Bought my tix and booked my hotel for Denver on fri night. It will have been almost 7 years to the day since my last Everclear show, ironically in Colorado the last time too. So im super excited to finally see another show. It will be my 2nd Art solo accoustic show as well, the last being even longer ago in Laramie, Wyoming. I cant wait and will be providing a full review and a hopefully full setlist when I get back.
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

yourstupidgame

Re: Hard Rock Denver 4/20

Post by yourstupidgame » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 pm

This is very selfish, but is there any way you can record audio or video of the new songs? I think he is playing new stuff, but nothing's come up on YouTube yet. Have fun!

Alex

JuanCarlosVejar

Post by JuanCarlosVejar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 pm

yourstupidgame wrote:This is very selfish, but is there any way you can record audio or video of the new songs? I think he is playing new stuff, but nothing's come up on YouTube yet. Have fun!

Alex
Alex I know he played at least one new song.
he said he was gonna play it in one of the youtube clips .

maybe someone will record :)

Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Heres a brief review of the show. The show was good, had two others playing before him they were both ok, but I dont remember there names unfortunetly. I saw Art before the show and got in a brief hello, he seemed a little worn out and kind of a little crabby, but after playing in Pittsburg the night before and the run he is on, that was quite understandable. His voice was great, best I remember it being in a while, Then again I havent seen him in 7yrs so. The crowd was pretty good lots of people that new the old songs which suprised me. I had the camera ready to shoot video of anything new, but he didnt so I didnt take any video. The set was pretty standard and was as follows:

Song From An American Movie Pt. 1
I Will Buy You A New Life
Heartspark Dollarsign
Father Of Mine
Loser Makes Good
Strawberry
Brown Eyed Girl
Volvo Driving Soccer Mom (girls on stage, forgot a whole section of lyrics, kicked 2 girs off stage for not standing where he wanted them to)
Wonderful
Santa Monice

Encore:
Everything To Everyone (fans on stage to make the "siren" sound, kicked one guy off said he didnt invite him up)

Crowd Requests played partially:
Twistinside
Amphetamine
Thift Store Chair
Heroin Girl
Local God
Summerland
The Weight (final song dedicated to Levon Helm passing away)

Art pointed right at me and asked if I had a request, I asked for You Make Me Feel Like A Whore. The whole crowd laughed and he said "he didnt remember having that kind of night with me", Then he goes "well wait there was that one night, nope never mind" then said "Its a Idea we will save it for later maybe". He never played it though. Art hung around to sign stuff and take pictures after the show and I teased him about not playing the song for me and he just laughed, I was just starting to talk to him when some Hard Rock people came over requesting stuff signed and pictures so I got bumped and didnt get another chance. There were no new songs played and only the stage announcer said anything about a new album coming out "this summer". Art mentioned the Summerland Tour and said the promoter in the Denver area sucked cause they didnt want to bring the show in at all. Overall pretty good show, glad I made the trek down as who knows could be another 7 years before I get to go again. If anyone has any questions Ill try to answer them.
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

yourstupidgame

Post by yourstupidgame » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Man, he already abandoned the new song? Oh well, sounds like a good night. Thanks for the review!

Alex