Invisible Stars = Modernized Sparkle & Fade

Anything and everything Everclear.

Sea Change

Invisible Stars = Modernized Sparkle & Fade

Post by Sea Change » Tue May 08, 2012 8:08 pm

I asked Sean Winchester on good ol' Facebook the following....

If you were to compare it to the sound of another Everclear album, which would it be? Is it a rocker? Or more mellow?

Here's what he had to say...

we came up with describing it as a modernized sparkle and fade.

Just thought I'd pass this along...I find it very promising!

worldofnoise

Re: Invisible Stars = Modernized Sparkle & Fade

Post by worldofnoise » Tue May 08, 2012 8:51 pm

If this is the truth then it should do very well. I know that a lot of threads here have centered around that there would never be another album that sounded like Sparkle and Fade.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

grantprobst

Post by grantprobst » Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah, I hope we get some crunchier/grungy guitar sounds in places throughout the record.

I loved "Be Careful What You Ask For"...
but the guitar tones are WAY more "So Much For The Afterglow".

Just think it would be nifty if we get some dirtier old school guitars with "Invisble Stars".
Guess we will see! :wink:

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Your're gonna get LOTS of crunchy/ edgy guitars, Grant and World of Noise! Can't wait 'til you hear it! Thanks to all of you for hanging in there and being positive...we're not gonna let you down!!!

grantprobst

Post by grantprobst » Tue May 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Freddy wrote:Your're gonna get LOTS of crunchy/ edgy guitars, Grant and World of Noise! Can't wait 'til you hear it! Thanks to all of you for hanging in there and being positive...we're not gonna let you down!!!
Glad to hear, Freddy! June can't come soon enough, now. It will be nice to hear what you guys came up with! :wink:

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Freddy wrote:Your're gonna get LOTS of crunchy/ edgy guitars, Grant and World of Noise! Can't wait 'til you hear it! Thanks to all of you for hanging in there and being positive...we're not gonna let you down!!!
Awesome to hear. Lots of guitars is great news! Can't wait for the video/single/album/tour! This is the way it should be
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

"This is where I want to be Now"

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Good to hear! I have a lot of hope for this album, I do not think that I will be disappointed.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Tue May 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Based on Be Careful What You Ask For, I don't think I'm going to be disappointed with this album.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

yourstupidgame

Post by yourstupidgame » Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 pm

The thing I like about "Be Careful What You Ask For" is that the mix is a little less dense than previous Everclear recordings. Art usually does a ton of guitar tracks and a lot of everything else and there's certainly a lot going on here, but it seems like the sound is a little more defined and less muddy on this one. You can hear vocals, guitars and drums pretty clearly all at the same time. I thought the vocals were to quiet and guitars too loud (or too many, perhaps) on Drama Club. I prefer this slightly cleaner, tighter sound, so I hope the rest of the album is similar. I don't know about it sounding like S&F or Afterglow and I really don't think I care that much. So far, I just like the way it sounds!

Alex

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:07 am

Awesome to hear, especially since I've already listened to Be Careful What You Ask For like 50 times.

Rock

Post by Rock » Wed May 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Great to hear, really makes me wish he had played a new song in Denver at the Hard Rock or that I would have requested one instead of asking for YMMFLW. Im getting more and more excted for the new album cant wait for June.
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

tzdtmm

Post by tzdtmm » Thu May 10, 2012 7:22 am

I hope some new songs make it into the Summerland Tour, what worries me is that it may just be the greatest hits and maybe one/two new songs.
I hope they go out on their own tour eventually, so we can get some longer play time too. (With that many bands playing, it seems like the set lists are
usually shorter anyways to make room for everyone else)

-John

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 am

Most bands that have been around a long time, their setlist is greatest hits + 2-4 new songs when they're supporting a new album. I wouldn't expect anything different from EC.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Really excited for the new album, if it's anything like WoN/S&F I will be ecstatic. Even if it's more of a SMFTA/SMD sound like "Be Careful...", I will still be happy.

I'm guessing their Summerland set will be the usual 13-15 songs they've been playing for the past few years, plus 3-4 new songs.

thenewdisease

Post by thenewdisease » Tue May 21, 2013 12:42 pm

I think the album has a closer production to SMFTA. The songs are catchy and poppy like SMFTA. Sparkle and Fade was more edgy and dark; Invisible Stars is more catchy with lyrics having a "I don't give a fuck anymore" kind of attitude. Its the best damn thing since SMFTA! Just so happy they are playing great rock songs again and not trying to write generic poppy hits. This album rings true back to that classic Everclear sound and it's AWESOME.