Anything and everything Everclear.

ndfan1993

April Fools Day

Post by ndfan1993 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Those were the days.

the_laughing_world

Re: April Fools Day

Post by the_laughing_world » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:47 pm

My all time favorite was when he turned the page to look like a weight loss site with the caption "feeling hungry and hollow?". Then when you signed in, it said like "fatass" or something...I can't remember exactly. Good times. 8)

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Isn't there a thread with all of the previous April Fools Day pranks?
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

Chris B

Post by Chris B » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm

the_laughing_world wrote:My all time favorite was when he turned the page to look like a weight loss site with the caption "feeling hungry and hollow?". Then when you signed in, it said like "fatass" or something...I can't remember exactly. Good times. 8)
web archive
worldofnoise wrote:Isn't there a thread with all of the previous April Fools Day pranks?
Haven't been able to find the url, but the old aprilfools directory is no longer around.

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 pm

I really wish I still had the time. It kills me not doing something, especially since I enjoyed it so much.

Here are the archived sites:

2004: HUNGry and Hollow - a William Hung Fan site

2005: Tired of diets that leave you feeling hollow and hungry?

2006: ¡Hambre y Hueca en español!, don't miss the highlight of the prank, La Muchacha De La Heroina by El Siempre Claro, the worst mariachi band (http://www.hungryandhollow.com/old/apri ... eroina.mp3) which was brilliantly put together by Chris Blackburn.

2007: Hungry & Hollow circa 1997

2008: Message board appeared upside down for Internet Explorer users, Random automatic word replacement (I replace with You, etc..) in message board posts and a "Interview session with Art Alexakis" scheduled at 2:00 PM, but the site was taken offline at 1:59PM

2009: Hungry & Hollow: a Hungry, Hungry Hippos fan site
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Chris B wrote:Haven't been able to find the url, but the old aprilfools directory is no longer around.
I could be completely wrong and it was just us talking about it or I just made it up. Either way, Eric posted them all. So thanks, Eric!
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

cien_bolas

Post by cien_bolas » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:00 pm

ekeown wrote: 2006: ¡Hambre y Hueca en español!, don't miss the highlight of the prank, La Muchacha De La Heroina by El Siempre Claro, the worst mariachi band (http://www.hungryandhollow.com/old/apri ... eroina.mp3) which was brilliantly put together by Chris Blackburn.
For obvious reasons this was my favorite april fools.

Although the Hungry Hippos was funny too.

attE: cien_bolas
The only hardcore everclear mexican fan. VIVA!

Chris B

Post by Chris B » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 am

worldofnoise wrote:I could be completely wrong and it was just us talking about it or I just made it up. Either way, Eric posted them all. So thanks, Eric!
Oh, no - you definitely weren't making it up. I knew there used to be an /aprilfools/ folder, but it's now /old/aprilfools/.
ekeown wrote:2006: ¡Hambre y Hueca en español!, don't miss the highlight of the prank, La Muchacha De La Heroina by El Siempre Claro, the worst mariachi band (http://www.hungryandhollow.com/old/apri ... eroina.mp3) which was brilliantly put together by Chris Blackburn.
I don't want to sound like I'm kissing my own ass, but I still have this on my iPod, and it shows up every few months - I laugh every time I hear those crappy horns. :twisted:

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:00 pm

It is crazy to look back at some of the old threads and the members that are no longer active here. Good times. Thank you Eric for allowing us to take part in this over all these years.

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Anyone feeling hungry and hollow?

Frasbul

Post by Frasbul » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:21 pm

extremely! :D

and can we ban that noyes fella?
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

yourstupidgame

Post by yourstupidgame » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Yeah, spamming every single thread? Come on!

Alex

grantprobst

Post by grantprobst » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:40 am

ekeown wrote:I really wish I still had the time. It kills me not doing something, especially since I enjoyed it so much.
No worries. Life gets busy.
I just appreciate all the old ones that you HAVE done over the years!

The April Fools gags were certainly one of those things that made Hungry and Hollow seem more personal and unique,
and something beyond just a temporarily convenient place to talk about everclear.

It's funny how we take social media for granted nowadays (with EVERYONE connected on their Facebook pages),
but dude, Eric, back in the days of all that "EverclearOnline" bullshit, and "Shag!"... lol... well, I certainly remember how terrible it was! :wink:

This place was like a happy non-corporate oasis for the devoted everclear fans.
I'd say you have always done a damn fine job of keeping this place running.

(even after all these years where this tiny oasis, has seen drought after drought, and the numerous times it has seemed like the band was at it's end. Yet, it is still here. And, that's just plain awesome!)

:mrgreen:

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Frasbul wrote:extremely! :D

and can we ban that noyes fella?
yourstupidgame wrote:Yeah, spamming every single thread? Come on!

Alex
Taken care of it, they made the posts after I checked the boards, sorry. Obviously they were trying to sell the VIP packages, which from my past visits to Summerland tours have sold quite well without spamming/marketing, and worked for a "social media management and digital marketing company"... "who focus on creative community building, quality content propagation, developing and improving online presence, and encouraging a deeper and more meaningful conversation that helps to build an authentic voice for our clients in the digital space."

I can think of a lot of was to engage fans about the VIP package that would meet their promise above, making 7 posts, all of similar nature and 6 on the same day on the same site is none of that. I'm sure they'll come back and see that they were banned and then make a new account to do the same thing, at which point I'll take further steps and share their contact information, which they supplied when they registered. I was fine with one post, I knew it was an ad, but it wasn't a huge deal, what they did yesterday was unprofessional for what they claim to be.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 pm

I almost had something for this year, then I put my house up for sale and bought a new house (closing in two weeks!)... repairing, cleaning, staging, shoping, and packing has eaten up all of my free time. My ambitious plan was to unveil the new site yesterday, which obviously didn't happen.

I really appreciate that you all took the time yesterday to stop by here, just in case I had done something. I hope all the old jokes and the memories that came with them were enough to tide you over.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow