I Will Buy You a New Life
Santa Monica
Classic Rock Medley (encore)

Alex

Lee Harvey Oswald

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Post by Lee Harvey Oswald » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am

El Distorto! One of my fav's, I'm glad to hear they are playing it live again

Can't wait to hear the "The Man Who Broke His Own Heart" live full band rock version, don't fail me now youtube!

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Interesting they are doing SM twice - I think this was done back in 98. Art would play it acoustic, then the band would go into SMFTA. I like El Distorto in there. Love the fact we are getting a new song! Would like to see maybe one additional fan favorite, like Strawberry, something like that. Looks like AM radio is apthe only dropped single from past Summerland sets? Can't wait to see the show!
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

"This is where I want to be Now"

Frasbul

Post by Frasbul » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:08 pm

the classic rock medley seems like a weird way to end a show.

I missed el distorto

edit: also it seems like the st pete show tonight was cancelled due to bad weather.
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:30 am

Frasbul wrote:the classic rock medley seems like a weird way to end a show.

I missed el distorto

edit: also it seems like the st pete show tonight was cancelled due to bad weather.
I like the idea of a cover for the last song - like the old days a little (Sin City, etc) but, would love to hear them finish one completely with vocals. Cool Josh came out to sing and it wasn't just two bars of each song this time. Like play the whole song Rock n Roll. Cool change up none the less
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

Copper

Post by Copper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm

How are there no videos of the new song? Why even bother to film them playing Father of Mine? There's a billion vids of them playing the hits on youtube.

Lee Harvey Oswald

Post by Lee Harvey Oswald » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Copper wrote:How are there no videos of the new song? Why even bother to film them playing Father of Mine? There's a billion vids of them playing the hits on youtube.
I was thinking the same thing, I was watching his youtube channel as he uploaded every single song from the set, except "Almost Instant Karma"/"The man who broke his own heart", what a let down.

Lee Harvey Oswald

Post by Lee Harvey Oswald » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:08 am

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 am

Lee Harvey Oswald wrote:
Copper wrote:How are there no videos of the new song? Why even bother to film them playing Father of Mine? There's a billion vids of them playing the hits on youtube.
I was thinking the same thing, I was watching his youtube channel as he uploaded every single song from the set, except "Almost Instant Karma"/"The man who broke his own heart", what a let down.
Because it is the one song that no one knows...

Copper

Post by Copper » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Which is really telling about how few hardcore fans are left. They're a nostalgia act now so maybe like one in a hundred people at these shows would be excited about the new song.

I just wanna hear the new song. :(

yourstupidgame

Post by yourstupidgame » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm

I don't think a fan has to be a hardcore fan to enjoy a new song. I saw Third Eye Blind last month and I'm not a huge fan. I have their first two albums like a lot of people and never heard anything after 2001 or so. But 3EB were excited about their new songs on their upcoming album that doesn't even have a release date. They played THREE new songs in a 90 minute set and the crowd really liked them. So if Art and Everclear are excited about it, I think the crowd would be excited about new songs as well, as long as they are good songs.

Alex

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:21 pm

yourstupidgame wrote:I don't think a fan has to be a hardcore fan to enjoy a new song. I saw Third Eye Blind last month and I'm not a huge fan. I have their first two albums like a lot of people and never heard anything after 2001 or so. But 3EB were excited about their new songs on their upcoming album that doesn't even have a release date. They played THREE new songs in a 90 minute set and the crowd really liked them. So if Art and Everclear are excited about it, I think the crowd would be excited about new songs as well, as long as they are good songs.

Alex
Agree with this! I really hope they put some excitement and their own support into this album.

Frasbul

Post by Frasbul » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Hopefully somebody records the Vegas show tonight.. I want to listen to the song already...
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

Rock

Post by Rock » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Bought my VIP gold tix to fulfill a longtime goal of mine....to finally see Everclear perform in Portland Oregon. So excited to see this whole show great line up of 90's bands.
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson